CCFC take up 2 year extension at Ricoh (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Quelle surprise!

rupert_bear

Let's be honest no surprise there, what we need to know is how we compete financially under these ffp rules, I still don't get how a club like Bury for example with their 5/6000 on a good day gates have more to spend on players than we do getting over double their gates

Grendel

Let's be honest no surprise there, what we need to know is how we compete financially under these ffp rules, I still don't get how a club like Bury for example with their 5/6000 on a good day gates have more to spend on players than we do getting over double their gates

They did a bond that raised money and need to pay the investors their returns

stupot07

Makes sense. Can't see a long term deal remaining under such favourable conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

bawtryneal

Could we do that ? Isn't the SISU business all about attracting investors ?

I know a couple of people associated with Bury and they are in deep trouble. Without promotion this season they are stuffed. I posted on this subject about four months ago.

Steve.B50

Good, take the two years while the negotiate a longer deal on better terms.
At least they are now talking!

rupert_bear

There simply isn't a suitable location that I can think of within the city boundary, the Courtaulds site could have been a possibility but that is being re-developed now. Still think buying into the Wasp controlled Ricoh is the only option, excuse me while I spit, but think we need different owners for that to happen. It would bring in revenue.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Good, take the two years while the negotiate a longer deal on better terms.
At least they are now talking!

Just common sense. Glad that my moan about SISU taking negotiations to the last minute has proved unfounded, a degree of security is needed not only for the business but for the players, it is best they have no off pitch worries and can concentrate on performance levels.

Nick

Administrator
People suggest buying in with wasps, they don't want to sell any do they? If they did I'd hazard a guess at it being a lot more than they paid..

Captain Dart

Probably agree, just watching Dragons den tells us all what investors are like

f4cfcc200abd9128ac56dd960e38e383.jpg

Grendel

Depends how deep the pockets are of those wanting to buy

The ACL business has a bad a credit rating as sisu and a colossal debt. A half share is worth nothing.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hardly surprising. Where else were they going to take 12000+ Sky Blue fans. There isn't anywhere else that those fans would go to for now is there?

So the terms are exactly the same. The second two years was at ACL's option not the club's according to the Wasp's prospectus. Again no real surprise.

So we would like to stay.
Ok
We would like the same terms
Ok

Just to be clear the income from events etc is not Compass's. If it was then that turnover would never appear in the Wasps Group Accounts. It is taken in through IEC Ltd and Compass take costs out of that for supplying staff and management.

I do wish the two local newspapers would quit the oneupmanship, the self justification, the look see how good we are, the cherry picking of comments to suit an argument ................... and just report clearly simply accurately and correctly.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

It was always the most likely thing to happen. Hopefully this is the last short term deal we have and we use these 2 years to either make concrete steps towards a new stadium or becoming a partner in ACL

Haigha

There simply isn't a suitable location that I can think of within the city boundary, the Courtaulds site could have been a possibility but that is being re-developed now.

Tim Fisher said he wanted a 60 acre site, he then said two 30 acre sites would be possible. Even 30 acres is a big piece of land (to give you some perspective, I believe Highfield Road was about 5.5 acres).

If the club really does want to build a stadium and is prepared to settle for a Highfield Road sized site there may be some options. For example, I believe the current Carbodies site on Holyhead Road will soon become vacant - this is larger than Highfield Road and it might be possible to increase the size further (up to about 10 acres) if the allotments to the north west of the site are included. The Carbodies site is close to the city centre and is also adjacent to the same railway line that goes to the Ricoh Arena (reinstating Coundon Road station may be possible).

Otis

Tim Fisher said he wanted a 60 acre site, he then said two 30 acre sites would be possible. Even 30 acres is a big piece of land (to give you some perspective, I believe Highfield Road was about 5.5 acres).

If the club really does want to build a stadium and is prepared to settle for a Highfield Road sized site there may be some options. For example, I believe the current Carbodies site on Holyhead Road will soon become vacant - this is larger than Highfield Road and it might be possible to increase the size further (up to about 10 acres) if the allotments to the north west of the site are included. The Carbodies site is close to the city centre and is also adjacent to the same railway line that goes to the Ricoh Arena (reinstating Coundon Road station may be possible).

I say knock down Bablake school cos Coventry doesn't do rich people.

2 more years at the Ricoh on the same terms is a surely a good deal for CCFC.
But, there will be no new ground for 10 years if at all. Where do we go in 2years time?
Our esteemed owners really need to get down to some proper long term planning with wasps.
Some, any, open and honest communication from SISU would be good.

bawtryneal

I am surprised Wasps have agreed to two years. The real "earner" for Wasos will be the new naming rights ( or renegotiation with Ricoh) to the ground. I believe the Ricoh deal finishes next year. Whoever negotiates with Wasps will want CCFC there as a tenant. I believe SISU will use this as leverage.

Nick

Administrator
I am surprised Wasps have agreed to two years. The real "earner" for Wasos will be the new naming rights ( or renegotiation with Ricoh) to the ground. I believe the Ricoh deal finishes next year. Whoever negotiates with Wasps will want CCFC there as a tenant. I believe SISU will use this as leverage.
SOunds like ccfc wanted 2 years

Captain Dart

SOunds like ccfc wanted 2 years

And a chance to renegotiate from a position of more strength when in the Championship which one hopes is sooner rather than later.

Doubt they had a choice, why would they not just go with it for now, casting doubt on potential long term relationship with CCFC will do their ground sponsorship negotiations no end of harm.

Last edited:

ranstone

As far as I understand the naming rights have already expired and it was this that was holding up the negotiations .... So it will be interesting to see what happens with the naming now.

bawtryneal

As far as I understand the naming rights have already expired and it was this that was holding up the negotiations .... So it will be interesting to see what happens with the naming now.

I was told it expired on March 31st 2016. Will be interesting to see the outcome of the negotiations.

Otis

2 more years at the Ricoh on the same terms is a surely a good deal for CCFC.
But, there will be no new ground for 10 years if at all. Where do we go in 2years time?
Our esteemed owners really need to get down to some proper long term planning with wasps.
Some, any, open and honest communication from SISU would be good.
2 years does seem rather short sighted, for as you say, any new stadium would be years away, but hopefully this is just a grounding, a start to further negotiations in earnest.

Users who are viewing this thread