CCFC DIAMOND CLUB - Any SBT Members ??? (1 Viewer)

Being an old git I am about to join the DIAMOND CLUB an independent supporters club for supporters who have followed CCFC for 50 years or more.

The club is fully recognised by CCFC and encourages participation where possible.

I was just wondering if any other "senior" SBT contributors are members and could comment on what they think of it.

PUSB

torchomatic

Alas, I won't be allowed to join for another ten.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My 50 years support will be from next season onwards. What does it all entail?

ccfcway

Didnt you have to hand in the diamonds when SISU joined, and were given a pin badge instead ?

sky_blue_up_north

I've been a fan for over 50 years, not sure how you qualify for entry, or is it a annual fee or something..... How do you prove you have been a fan for over 50 years.

I've been a fan for over 50 years, not sure how you qualify for entry, or is it a annual fee or something..... How do you prove you have been a fan for over 50 years.

SBUN,

I rang 02476 473 666 contact Tom Dentith and he is sending me an application form by return of post.

Before I rang and anticipating your question about proof etc I compiled a spreadsheet and charted as best as I could the games by season I had seen.

As a season season ticket holder since 1964 it was fairly easy as I have only missed 9 games since then at home but I was also a keen fan before then starting in 1958 - therefore that came to 1.081 home league games plus 260 away games plus 119 cup games giving a total of 1,460 games since 1958 home and away.

Tom Dentith seemed quite happy with that but I don't know what lengths others might have to go to provide "proof" - I wouldn't think it was that stringent from what I can gather.

PUSB

sky_blue_up_north

thanks Johnnie

Houchens Head

Hardly ever missed a match throughout the 60's and 70's but never kept ticket stubs! (never was a season ticket holder - could never afford the initial outlay!) Thoughout the 80's I probably went to 85% of games and in the 90's I was a steward so never missed a match then. So how do I impress this Tom Dentith bloke? (who, by the way, sounds like "Dentist" with a lisp! :D)

Hardly ever missed a match throughout the 60's and 70's but never kept ticket stubs! (never was a season ticket holder - could never afford the initial outlay!) Thoughout the 80's I probably went to 85% of games and in the 90's I was a steward so never missed a match then. So how do I impress this Tom Dentith bloke? (who, by the way, sounds like "Dentist" with a lisp! :D)

Tom Dentith is the Chairman of the Diamond Club and I am pretty sure with your impressive record of support over the years commencing in the 60's would be acceptable.

PUSB

My 50 years support will be from next season onwards. What does it all entail?

Genuine nostalgia experience with four events annually involving current and past players mingling and as guest speakers.

All events are at the Ricoh with membership at £5 for life - each event cost £14 which includes three course meal, wine and seasonal entertainment.

Current membership approx 200 ish.

Looks good to me already - definitely going to have some, must service and polish the Zimmer though or I can't make it.

PUSB

Houchens Head

Sounds good, but living down here means I only get to Cov 2 or 3 times a year so would probably miss the events.

Users who are viewing this thread