Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (18 Viewers)

Malaka

Stayed away from this the other day, but was a little surprised to see the question being dismissed by some.

Stock markets tanking, talk of schools closing for two months (sweet Jesus), six nations / serie a matches off, there’s even talk of cancelling the olympics.

I can easily see a scenario where matches are unable to be played (in front of fans). Nobody worried?
Our home games haven't been played in front of many fans for years now. Should be to our advantage

Grendel

Mixture of panic and fear

The headlines in the press don’t help. Yesterday the BBC said toilet rolls were made mostly in China and likely to run out and guess what - empty supermarket shelves of toilet and kitchen rolls

torchomatic

Only Russell Slade is capable of scuppering a season, so I think we'll be fine.

Reactions: TTG

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I still can't see the hype. It seems like a lot of scare mongering.

People are dying and you say "it seems like a lot of scare mongering "

giphy.gif

Jcap

I’ll just leave this here... from a Guardian article Feb 2019

“In total, 2,182 people in the UK have had to be admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU) or high-dependency unit (HDU) because of flu since the start of October. That is more than the 2,045 who needed such care in the same period last year, when the virus was much more prevalent. Flu has killed 195 this winter...”

Tommo1993

Can’t remember this level of panic for Bird flu, Swine flu, Ebola, [insert disease outbreak here], etc. I just had the standard cold at the weekend. I was sure to cough and sneeze over everything at Tesco.

robbiethemole

all this talk of playing games behind closed doors......................... how do you stop players from getting it to play footy?
all absolute bollocks, basic hand washing, (especially after using the loo, pees and poos, those who don't, you know who you are) and coughing/sneezing into tissue and then bin it.That should be basic enough for most people to understand.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why on earth is there mass panic for toilet rolls for crying out loud ?

Tommo1993

Apparently we’re meant to time washing our hands to two verses of happy birthday. I find three verses of ‘we’re top of the league’ works just as well.

Is that Stevie Wonder’s version? Because the classic ‘happy birthday’ annoys the fuck out of me.

eastwoodsdustman

I can see games being postponed or played behind closed doors within a few weeks if the virus starts to spread. They’d be better off getting the league to vote on closing the season off early with everyone finishing in their positions on a certain agreed date.

AFCCOVENTRY

Premier League has banned players and officials shaking hands from this weekend.

Wonder if this will filter down to the football league

Sick Boy

I can see games being postponed or played behind closed doors within a few weeks if the virus starts to spread. They’d be better off getting the league to vote on closing the season off early with everyone finishing in their positions on a certain agreed date.
Not a chance of that happening, they'll just play behind closed doors.

Sick Boy

As soon as one of the players contracts it they’ll have to stop playing games though.
Can’t see them ending the season with that happening either, they’ll carry on as normal but behind closed doors. They wouldn’t call off a season if a team came down with flu.

skyblueeyesrevisited

Around 1 million die every year from TB. But that doesn’t get on the front pages of the tabloids. The press are causing mayhem. World economy will suffer but hey the editors will have great headlines. So that’s OK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread