Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (10 Viewers)

ccfcway

A good mate of mine who lives in Liverpool sadly lost his wife last Tuesday, she was only 49 but
Had been battling cancer for 3 years, she’d been well since Christmas but developed respiratory
Problems 2 weeks ago and went downhill very quickly, she wasn’t tested.
Then on Friday her Mother 74 was admitted to hospital with severe chest pains and shortness of
Breath, she apparently was sprightly and active ‘though she had been diagnosed last year with
COPD, she sadly passed last night, she also wasn’t tested.
Then as if that wasn’t enough her Father 72 was admitted to the same hospital ‘again with chest
Pains and fever and shortness of breath, apparently not looking good but not been tested.
Bloody heartbreaking.

absolutely heartbreaking :(

Brylowes

The clap for Boris is a joke tbh in my eyes
As was the clap for the NHS imo, give them the tools to do their job and the necessary
Protective wear to carry it out safely, yes they are un-sung heroes and yes they deserve
More recognition and much better reward for what they do.
But I’m really not sure what clapping them once a week is supposed to achieve TBH

ccfc1234

As was the clap for the NHS imo, give them the tools to do their job and the necessary
Protective wear to carry it out safely, yes they are un-sung heroes and yes they deserve
More recognition and much better reward for what they do.
But I’m really not sure what clapping them once a week is supposed to achieve TBH
Its about togetherness, community sprit and solidarity with our NHS workers. I agree they need all the stuff you highlight. But that should be a given and is not directly related to clapping.
If the NHS saff that are on the front line of this take some motivation and pride from the nation's appreciation I will do it every week for 1 minuet.

Brylowes

Its about togetherness, community sprit and solidarity with our NHS workers. I agree they need all the stuff you highlight. But that should be a given and is not directly related to clapping.
If the NHS saff that are on the front line of this take some motivation and pride from the nation's appreciation I will do it every week for 1 minuet.
If people want to show community spirit, togetherness and solidarity toward the NHS,
maybe they should think harder before they place their cross on the ballot paper ‘and
not keep returning a Government to whom all of those things are alien.

fernandopartridge

If people want to show community spirit, togetherness and solidarity toward the NHS,
maybe they should think harder before they place their cross on the ballot paper ‘and
What people mean by all that is the esteem of Facebook likes. They don't know the meaning of actual solidarity.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

And vote for who exactly?

This thread is getting fucking ridiculous.

I know I can be a dickhead at times but some people on here should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

A good mate of mine who lives in Liverpool sadly lost his wife last Tuesday, she was only 49 but
Had been battling cancer for 3 years, she’d been well since Christmas but developed respiratory
Problems 2 weeks ago and went downhill very quickly, she wasn’t tested.
Then on Friday her Mother 74 was admitted to hospital with severe chest pains and shortness of
Breath, she apparently was sprightly and active ‘though she had been diagnosed last year with
COPD, she sadly passed last night, she also wasn’t tested.
Then as if that wasn’t enough her Father 72 was admitted to the same hospital this afternoon
‘again with chest Pains and fever and shortness of breath, apparently not looking good but not
been tested.
Bloody heartbreaking.

That's awful. I can't imagine what the family is going through.

Grendel

Oddly the NHS isn’t the only thing people vote for and also for the last 40 years it’s had 30 years of conservative rule

nunchuckas

Yes that is exactly why it will not be brought up, you are not going bring up something that is easily disproved but can easily open up your own links to a child abuser

I don't know so much, they very successfully got away with peddling crap about Corbyn being an IRA sympathiser, when the Tories did, and still do, have a member and sitting councillor who was an active member of the IRA. That never got turned back onto them like it should have been.

Grendel

I don't know so much, they very successfully got away with peddling crap about Corbyn being an IRA sympathiser, when the Tories did, and still do, have a member and sitting councillor who was an active member of the IRA. That never got turned back onto them like it should have been.

The councillor wasn’t leader of the Party - Corbyn and McDonnell have always been Sinn Fein suck ups

nunchuckas

The councillor wasn’t leader of the Party - Corbyn and McDonnell have always been Sinn Fein suck ups

For a fair contest it should have at least been mentioned though...
I grant you Corbyn was party leader and she is merely a councillor, but she was an active member involved with plotting terrorist acts against Britain, Corbyn merely talked to the fuckers.

And to bring about the peace process, everyone had to 'suck up' to them in the end, they just came round to the idea later down the line.

Brylowes

Jeremy Corbyn was no more an Anti-Semite Terrorist Sympathising Russian Spy
Than Keir Starmer used to host under age sex party’s with Jimmy Saville.
But just watch them run with it !!!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Don’t know why I’m required to this thread but @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 has summoned me.... I take it we’re debating who’s to blame for the infamous 2016/2017 season again?!

@Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue walking into the thread like...

giphy.gif

nunchuckas

Jeremy Corbyn was no more an Anti-Semite Terrorist Sympathising Russian Spy
Than Keir Starmer used to host under age sex party’s with Jimmy Saville.
But just watch them run with it !!!

Sadly true, the levels of propaganda in this country are getting synonymous with a totalitarian state, only the USA is worse for it in the developed world. And enough people are thick enough to lap it up. You can't imagine them getting away with doing it to someone like the French, they would see through it.

Brylowes

Oddly the NHS isn’t the only thing people vote for and also for the last 40 years it’s had 30 years of conservative rule
That’s right, since 1979 so 31 years out of 41, they must be so proud of their legacy.
Child poverty at record levels, 5000 food banks, all of our major utilities and
Energy infrastructure in foreign hands, NHS and Education systems crumbling all
Around us,
So what was it Labour did in their solitary 10 years that led this Country to the sorry
State it’s in now ?
You really would have thought we’d be in a much better shape, what with the Tory’s
Having a full 30 out of the last 40 years in Government.

Grendel

For a fair contest it should have at least been mentioned though...
I grant you Corbyn was party leader and she is merely a councillor, but she was an active member involved with plotting terrorist acts against Britain, Corbyn merely talked to the fuckers.

And to bring about the peace process, everyone had to 'suck up' to them in the end, they just came round to the idea later down the line.

Mcdonnell even rejected the GFA and both the pre-cursor - McDonnell and the bombs and the bullets speech?

Get a history lesson

nunchuckas

Mcdonnell even rejected the GFA and both the pre-cursor - McDonnell and the bombs and the bullets speech?

Get a history lesson

I only mentioned Corbyn tbf, but you can crowbar McDonnell in to fit your argument if you like... McDonnell was reported in the media for being a terrorist sympathiser, so I don't know what you're complaining for, surely for a fair debate in a fairly run media, the IRA Tory councillor should have at least been mentioned too...

Thatcher did and said many things that antagonised the situation too, but you're probably all right with that as it was on the right side.

Brylowes

The IHME Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluations, based in Seattle.
Are predicting 66.000 UK deaths by August with 3000 deaths per day during the peak
Eventually accounting for 40% of total European deaths.
Hopefully it’s a flawed study.

Ring Of Steel

The IHME Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluations, based in Seattle.
Are predicting 66.000 UK deaths by August with 3000 deaths per day during the peak
Eventually accounting for 40% of total European deaths.
Hopefully it’s a flawed study.

Yes I saw that too, saying that U.K. will be worst affected, the numbers seem a bit off the wall though don’t they?

Brylowes

Yes I saw that too, saying that U.K. will be worst affected, the numbers seem a bit off the wall though don’t they?
I bloody hope so, they’re the highest numbers I’ve seen projected anywhere.
I know nothing about them ‘so therefore have absolutely no idea how much credence
Can be placed in their methods ‘or their historical track record in predicting outcomes.

skyblue1991

What people mean by all that is the esteem of Facebook likes. They don't know the meaning of actual solidarity.
That's what my point was a few weeks ago when I said it on the 'Things that annoy you' thread.

It's the same with some of the people volunteering for the NHS. Fantastic that you've volunteered but why post about it on FB/IG for some likes, just carry on with it privately.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread