Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (9 Viewers)

Sick Boy

I think the EU as we know is finished
Ahhh the same prediction from 2016.
If anything I think we are more likely to see people come together for the common good, in a lot of countries the anti-EU lot are fascists, as demonstrated by La Lega and Fratelli d'italia here.

Ring Of Steel

not sure how the ads work on this site, but every time i open the site its bizarre seeing a graph for an ad saying "test your IQ" with the graph looking erriely like the virus curve.

I’ve got what I thought were pregnancy tests but are actually thermometers at the top of my screen

fernandopartridge

Ahhh the same prediction from 2016.
If anything I think we are more likely to see people come together for the common good, in a lot of countries the anti-EU lot are fascists, as demonstrated by La Lega and Fratelli d'italia here.
Tbf the immediate response of most countries has been about self preservation, when push comes to shove there is very little unity

Sick Boy

Tbf the immediate response of most countries has been about self preservation, when push comes to shove there is very little unity
I mean people in general, not necessarily the EU as a whole, more co-operation in general amongst humanity. Countries in the EU are also independent sovereign countries though, despite what gets claimed in some quarters, so of course there is going to be aspects of self-preservation.

cc84cov

Sport Bible reporting seasons to be finished in 4-6 weeks behind closed doors not sure how they can call that one

Ring Of Steel

I mean people in general, not necessarily the EU as a whole, more co-operation in general amongst humanity. Countries in the EU are also independent sovereign countries though, despite what gets claimed in some quarters, so of course there is going to be aspects of self-preservation.

dead right- humanity is in trouble and needs to act together. Leave the political bodies to do whatever it is they want to do.

skybluetony176

On some matters their has. A joint response on the ventilator issue facing every country in the world (except South Korea), Germany has taken patients from both France and Italy I’ve been reading in the last couple of days to help ease the burden on those countries, the EU has put extra funding into research for a vaccine, the EU voted just last week on funding packages for poorer countries in the block to help deal with Coronavirus. They’re showing plenty of unity if you look for the details, while allowing sovereign governments of countries in the EU to do their own thing.

Ring Of Steel

people working at Heathrow, people who collected people at Heathrow, people who have been using Flightradar to see what’s happening- it’s reported everywhere. Although clearly it’s being ‘hushed’ as well. Take a look- there are plenty of sources.

If you’re still in doubt check Heathrow & Gatwick live arrivals. It’s very enlightening/ bewildering.

we have flights in from Rome, New York, Zurich etc and that’s on a Sunday night. So you want to take the dog for a walk? Get back inside. You want to fly in from the new coronavirus epicentre and head off on a train/ bus/ taxi into London? Step this way my friend.

Arrivals | Heathrow

fernandopartridge

Yes that's a good point re sovereignty

BackRoomRummermill

people working at Heathrow, people who collected people at Heathrow, people who have been using Flightradar to see what’s happening- it’s reported everywhere. Although clearly it’s being ‘hushed’ as well. Take a look- there are plenty of sources.

If you’re still in doubt check Heathrow & Gatwick live arrivals. It’s very enlightening/ bewildering.

we have flights in from Rome, New York, Zurich etc and that’s on a Sunday night. So you want to take the dog for a walk? Get back inside. You want to fly in from the new coronavirus epicentre and head off on a train/ bus/ taxi into London? Step this way my friend.

Arrivals | Heathrow

it’s like nothing happened , I can understand cargo planes but not passenger

fernandopartridge

I went out for a drive with my 2 year old on Saturday into the Peaks (to give my wife a chance to try and get a sleep). I didn't get out of the car but noticed that every car parked at one of the laybys for Ladybower Reservoir had a parking ticket and notice from the police. Unsure what it was but suspect it was about going walking.

David O'Day

I went out for a drive with my 2 year old on Saturday into the Peaks (to give my wife a chance to try and get a sleep). I didn't get out of the car but noticed that every car parked at one of the laybys for Ladybower Reservoir had a parking ticket and notice from the police. Unsure what it was but suspect it was about going walking.
Derbyshire Police were filming people with drones walking in the peak district

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I thought that flights to the USA from the UK were banned, why isn't it reciprocated? Could it be that trying to keep Trump onside is more important than the health of the general population? Who'd have thought it?!

It's a travesty that we've not done so, or that those arriving are not being forced into isolation. Other countries are doing this so why aren't we? If the US has the right to ban travel from other countries surely every country has the right to ban travel from one of the most afflicted areas in the world.

David O'Day

Which to me is an absolutely disproportionate response, this was Derbyshire as well. Saw two coppers on bikes but that's it.
The were posting the videos on twitter, not one group of more than 2 people either.

If you believe nudge theory this will actually increase the number of people who disobey them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread