Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (6 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

You have spent the whole time on here “trawling the internet” and quote Guardian sources frequently. Don’t you like this one?
lol- I told you before, you don’t get to ask me questions. You’re in your element now as you have a bit of attention, you’ve sucked a few people in and that’s why we now see the “would you rather be in Italy?” juvenile type stuff which you love so much, but don’t waste your time with me. You carry on with the jingoistic stuff, a couple will bite and the rest will just carry on ignoring you.

Grendel

lol- I told you before, you don’t get to ask me questions. You’re in your element now as you have a bit of attention, you’ve sucked a few people in and that’s why we now see the “would you rather be in Italy?” juvenile type stuff which you love so much, but don’t waste your time with me. You carry on with the jingoistic stuff, a couple will bite and the rest will just carry on ignoring you.

You frequently indulge in jingoistic hyperbole and when challenged back have no answers

Grendel

shmmeee

Predictions mean fuck all, The original predictions for the UK death rate was around 500,000. That was later downgraded to 20,000. And according to today’s press, it’s been downgraded again to 5700, The only truth is, that Everyman and his dog has a different prediction, and governments tend to act on “worse case scenarios” for fear of facing a political backlash led by the press.
(No doubt the BBC would relish any chance to stick the knife into Boris)

The Brexit fiasco and the prediction of immediate collapse should show everyone that so called experts know very little.
Personally, I haven't got a clue how many might die, and while every death is tragic, I feel the impact will be far less than the “experts” predict. (Time will tell)

If the death rate is less than seasonal flu, then should we have lock down every winter? Or will history show that we have over reacted. And how long will the public tolerate lockdown? So far people have tolerated it well, but it’s only week 1. Also the long term effects on the economy, interest rates, job losses, family life, etc will be massive, Tax rises of some extent will be forthcoming,
and we may find the austerity measures of resent years will look like a walk in the park with what is to come.
It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out.

I can’t help wondering if all those who are praising Boris and his chancellor now, for their decisive action, will be quite as understandable when the treasury wants its cash back.

The 5700 was from a non expert assuming we followed exactly what China said, he’s revised his numbers because we went over what he’d predicted the peak would be already. He also predicts 20k now.

The 20k is with strict social distancing measures. The 500k is if we do nothing. Just isolating those at risk is 250k. The numbers haven’t changed.

Warwickhunt

that’s the sword hanging over everyone’s neck. I’d be very, very hesitant to take advantage of any scheme because as someone once said, there are only two certainties in the world, death and taxes- and after the deaths the people at the top will want their pound of flesh. Plus interest.
The finances will not be cleared in the next 4 /5 years if you ask me and the Labour will get in and they will be able to clear it!

Grendel

What do you think of this poll as publicised in the independent - that oh so right wing journal?

John Rentoul: On coronavirus, Boris Johnson is no Donald Trump

Warwickhunt

They are q
I think he will be shown to have displayed a particular level of negligence.
When this is done and the inquests are completed there no doubt that every country will hilights things they could have done different which would have saved more lives but I don't 5hink there will be anything on the level of the US.
They are queing to get guns! they believe in self preservation so probably more will die from being shot by lunatics who think they might have the virus rather than the virus its self. Dangerous time to visit the USA methinks

Ring Of Steel

Look up Matthew and Sarah Elliott, they own Cummings and run him, they came up with the Herd theory and are eugenicists and Darwinists. they are the "scientific" experts the Government are listening to.

Yep, dangerous individuals, they were also the ones keen on Sabisky joining the club. Meanwhile Boris just lets them get on with it and tells everyone that “we will overcome”.

SkyBlueDom26

I think it will be longer mate always double what they tell us
If we are peaking in 2 weeks I can’t see why 6 months full lockdown is necessary, think it will be longer than 6 months for us to ‘fully’ get back to normal but some restrictions should be lifted in about 8/10 weeks once we get the numbers down

ccfcway

not sure how the ads work on this site, but every time i open the site its bizarre seeing a graph for an ad saying "test your IQ" with the graph looking erriely like the virus curve.

cc84cov

Just seen this not sure if there’s much in it etc

Attachments

• 394F587C-8FA5-4F3B-BCF2-1B44031952E0.png
    394F587C-8FA5-4F3B-BCF2-1B44031952E0.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread