CCFC best XI? (In your opinion) (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

OF THIS SEASON'S SQUAD!

Here's mine:

--------------------Murphy-----------------
--Christie----Wood----Edj----Adams*--
----------Jennings-------Bailey*----------
--Baker----------Fleck---------Moussa*--
---------------McGoldrick**--------------

Subs: Dunn Clarke Cameron Thomas Barton McSheff Elliott (if L. Clarke starts)

* I think these will stay on
** if McG doesn't stay, then L. Clarke.

Last edited:

skybluegod

-------------murphy-------------
Christie--wood---edge----Adams
---Jennings--------bailey
Baker--------moussa------fleck
----------------Elliot------------

For striker I had to pick Elliot after today as goldie isn't staying IMO if he does then him. And Clarke is only on trial and I haven't seen him play

If bailey doesn't stay then fleck moves into there and sheffers on left

Grendel

Mcdheffrey for fleck any day.

Mucca Mad Boys

Mcdheffrey for fleck any day.

At LM I completely agree, but, I'd rather have Moussa as a LM roaming (with Adams as the LWB to whip in crosses) and Fleck as a AMC, today he looked really good and he and Moussa linked up well, he looked slimmer, fitter, sharper and quicker on the ball, MR can make him a L1 beater this season.

Grendel

Can I ask why? Apart from his assist today he has only got his commitment so far this season which fleck showed today as well

Been quite poor until last few games but of late has looked a lot sharper. Most attacking threat against Preston and made an assist today.

Fleck has played several games and in most has disappeared for large sections.

skybluegod

Been quite poor until last few games but of late has looked a lot sharper. Most attacking threat against Preston and made an assist today.

What? He did nothing against Stevenage only did one good thing today which was the assist.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed, but today he was another level, our CMs bossed the game (again, as I said to that MK fan).

skybluegod

At LM I completely agree, but, I'd rather have Moussa as a LM roaming (with Adams as the LWB to whip in crosses) and Fleck as a AMC, today he looked really good and he and Moussa linked up well, he looked slimmer, fitter, sharper and quicker on the ball, MR can make him a L1 beater this season.

Do you not think moussa is wasted at LM? When I've seen him play there he doesn't look as good but then he plays cm he looks really good and dictates play.

Mucca Mad Boys

Do you not think moussa is wasted at LM? When I've seen him play there he doesn't look as good but then he plays cm he looks really good and dictates play.

Not really, he and McSheffrey have been swapping, with Moussa largely on the LM. Fact.

stupot07

I too would play sheffers. He's the only attacking midfielder who makes runs in behind off the ball. His movement is pretty good and often creates space for others.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I really like fleck but I just wouldn't tinker with the team much at the moment. Fleck done well alongside jenno today, keep him there on New Years day

skybluegod

Not really, he and McSheffrey have been swapping, with Moussa largely on the LM. Fact.

Well I've been to the last 3 games and it isn't fact. As he has mostly been down the centre as Sheffers is always with Adams on the left when we are going forward. The entire game sheffers was on the left against Stevenage and most of today.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well I've been to the last 3 games and it isn't fact. As he has mostly been down the centre as Sheffers is always with Adams on the left when we are going forward. The entire game sheffers was on the left against Stevenage and most of today.

Moussa played RM v PNE and Donny, but before then, he was LM swapping with McSheff, at AMC.

skybluegod

Before that he didn't really switch with him they only swapped in games if moussa decided to move wide with the ball, so smartly sheffers went inside like he should but then we the ball went out of play they would move back to positions

Mucca Mad Boys

Before that he didn't really switch with him they only swapped in games if moussa decided to move wide with the ball, so smartly sheffers went inside like he should but then we the ball went out of play they would move back to positions

McSheffrey has been a CAM, look at Robins' post match comments v Walsall, he said the pressing of McSheff "epitomised" the win, if you disagree, fair enough, but he has been playing AMC.

skybluegod

McSheffrey has been a CAM, look at Robins' post match comments v Walsall, he said the pressing of McSheff "epitomised" the win, if you disagree, fair enough, but he has been playing AMC.

Yes by epitomised he means he showed good character and commitment. Against Walsall another one he played LM he's played CAM 1-2 but moussa has played there more frequently and recently and has been better there

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moussa and Sheff have been switching it about the position. Today it was definitely moussa through the middle an Sheff left though. Just imagine the opposition managers problem trying to set up to play an counter Cov at the moment when the fans can't even agree where the players have been playing

skybluegod

Moussa and Sheff have been switching it about the position. Today it was definitely moussa through the middle an Sheff left though. Just imagine the opposition managers problem trying to set up to play an counter Cov at the moment when the fans can't even agree where the players have been playing

And Stevenage and Walsall and the other 10 games I've been to moussa has been down the middle. Tbh I don't think anybody could stop us no matter who played where ;) rod in goal anyone?

Mucca Mad Boys

Interestingly, we played 4-5-1, with no AMC, with Fleck and Moussa as our CMs with Jennings holding, Fleck and Moussa worked v well together and I'm sounding like a parrot but they bossed the midfield, it was a great move by MR, kudos.

skybluegod

Interestingly, we played 4-5-1, with no AMC, with Fleck and Moussa as our CMs with Jennings holding, Fleck and Moussa worked v well together and I'm sounding like a parrot but they bossed the midfield, it was a great move by MR, kudos.
That was when were defending once we had they the ball moussa went in cam and sheffers LM

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes by epitomised he means he showed good character and commitment. Against Walsall another one he played LM he's played CAM 1-2 but moussa has played there more frequently and recently and has been better there

It was his pressing down the middle he was on about, I'm 100% sure, if you find a quote that suggest otherwise, I'll accept. That game they swapped but Moussa was predominantly LM.

skybluegod

It was his pressing down the middle he was on about, I'm 100% sure, if you find a quote that suggest otherwise, I'll accept. That game they swapped but Moussa was predominantly LM.

That was the first game I had been to in a month as I am busy on Saturdays but I would bet my genitals that it was sheffers at LM because I remember Adams and sheffers linking up very well and it was one of sheffers better games as he actually beat somebody on the wing

skybluegod

We didn't have a CAM today, lets face it, Fleck would not be CM with Jennings, Moussa CAM.

Well according to a lot of people on here fleck can play any where across the midfield so why not and that's what it looked like to me and moussa was always more forward than fleck. Shown when we broke 2-3 times and moussa had the ball then passed LEFT to sheffers

Mucca Mad Boys

That was the first game I had been to in a month as I am busy on Saturdays but I would bet my genitals that it was sheffers at LM because I remember Adams and sheffers linking up very well and it was one of sheffers better games as he actually beat somebody on the wing

Why would you give away your manhood so easily! Trust me, Moussa was LM.

Your point was initially, Moussa would be wasted on the wing, but yet you'd have Fleck on the wing? At least Moussa is good at dribbling and fast!!! Now, to kill the argument off, Moussa's best game was v Donny, he played RM, v Arsenal, LM, Hartlepool, LM, Walsall, LM.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Your point was initially, Moussa would be wasted on the wing, but yet you'd have Fleck on the wing? At least Moussa is good at dribbling and fast!!! Now, to kill the argument off, Moussa's best game was v Donny, he played RM, v Arsenal, LM, Hartlepool, LM, Walsall, LM.
its very subjective what his best game was, imo it was today

skybluegod

He wasn't LM vs Hartlepool or Walsall I went to both he CAM both times. Bored of this convo now I know what I seen as I get to only 20 matches a season I remember a lot. If you think your right then continue being deluded becauase he was CAM against 2 in that list I went to.

Also fleck looked fine for pace today not overly fast and not as fast as moussa but still not slow and has a lot of skill as well.

Mucca Mad Boys

its very subjective what his best game was, imo it was today

I agree, he has been very good, but my point is, some of his best games he has played on the wing, so he is hardly 'wasted' out wide.

Users who are viewing this thread