CBS issues (1 Viewer)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What the hell did they expect would happen, with 15 people running on a pitch for a total of 966 minutes, the equivalent of nearly 11games of 90 minutes in three days? The only ground in the uk that could cope with this is the Spurs stadium. This is total shit it’s bad enough having a month break in November because of a World Cup in a place that nobody wanted. But now we’ve got to play on a pitch that looks worse than my lawn ffs.
What the fuck made me think these wankers could look after the pitch when they can’t even look after the stadium fucking arseholes.

Esoterica

Will be absolutely gutted if this is off. First time back in the Uk since summer 2019 and first game since Sunderland 1-1 in 2018. Timed this trip especially for 1st home game of the season and it’s going to get scuppered by Wasps and the Rugby equivalent of 5 a side footy. Desperate to see us live in the Championship in an almost full stadium. Even brought my boots after the O’Hare injury…

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Honestly, whilst the pitch does look like shit and I do agree that it is a disgrace, there is no way we haven't played on a worse one when it was the Ricoh.

I get the feeling this is a bit of a swipe at Wasps, which of course has merit. Throw in the timing of the Times article and you have a perfectly formed conspiracy theory. Unsettle the landlords, refuse to play on a shit pitch, go somewhere else for a while. Hope Wasps lean closer to fucking off or handing over some of the burdens of the stadium. Curious, curious...
It maybe that the pictures (somehow) make it not look as bad. it looks bare, but maybe there are big divots that don't show up as well that could prove dangerous.

But I am surprised by the pitch inspection because as you say, on the face of it we've definitely played games on much worse pitches than that hich didn't even require an inspection.

ccfc922

Genuinely don’t think you can call it yet… Every minute up until 6pm tomorrow is going to be crucial

Is that the inspection time? That's insane.

I'm going up from Poole but staying with family, but I'm thinking of people with hotels booked etc that can't cancel last minute etc 🙄🤦‍♂️

A midday inspection, then the pitch will only get better surely?

D

Deleted member 2477

Not looking good.
whatever money wasps got for allowing this to happen needs to be used to sort this mess out not prop up their shambles of a failing club

Attachments

• 803A2D88-3730-483D-8BF5-3D5706EC186C.jpeg
    803A2D88-3730-483D-8BF5-3D5706EC186C.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 167
  • C24C70FA-3893-48A4-9C1A-24C610CB434E.jpeg
    C24C70FA-3893-48A4-9C1A-24C610CB434E.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 48888C36-2560-4CCF-AE1D-6B76E93551CC.jpeg
    48888C36-2560-4CCF-AE1D-6B76E93551CC.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited by a moderator:

Robinshio

is it CG wrestling there tomorrow ? we should create a nuisance there or a protest if our game does not go ahead.
Is that the inspection time? That's insane.

I'm going up from Poole but staying with family, but I'm thinking of people with hotels booked etc that can't cancel last minute etc 🙄🤦‍♂️

A midday inspection, then the pitch will only get better surely?
guess thats timed around the commonwealth games - we should really aim a protest up their today - need to show Wasps up for what they are - Travellers often get a bad name, and Wasps are one of the reasons why

CCFC54321

Not looking good.
whatever money wasps got for allowing this to happen needs to be used to sort this mess out not prop up their shambles of a failing club
The facts are simple in my head.

Wasps lied when came back with the promise of a new pitch being laid.

When their financial position looked like a point of no return they didn’t have the available cash to spend on doing this.

There is no way in gods earth did they have time to lay a new pitch in the close season with two concerts and poxy 7 a side rugby.

While the rugby games were on and straight after the last match the bastards left the pitch and did not give a shit about CCFC playing this Sunday.

As a poster on Twitter said wasps finance position or insolvency is now impacting CCFC. There bloody right.

The FA need to be sympathetic to city instead of fining etc if the games off.

clint van damme

Apologies if this has already been posted but the wasps PR department has swung in to action

higgs

Looking at the surface at st Andrews last night would they temporary put us up again until a new pitch is laid at the cbs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

Not looking good.
That bottom photo says it all, a fucking disgrace!

I know grounds people can perform miracles but that's going to take a lot to rectify by the 6pm inspection!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Kilclines curly mullet

It maybe that the pictures (somehow) make it not look as bad. it looks bare, but maybe there are big divots that don't show up as well that could prove dangerous.

But I am surprised by the pitch inspection because as you say, on the face of it we've definitely played games on much worse pitches than that hich didn't even require an inspection.
I would guess that the pitch is unstable underfoot and that’s why it doesn’t look to bad on the surface..

Sounds to be like it needs to bed in again which will take a minimum of 2-3 weeks

robbiekeane

This might be a stupid question but what can you actually do to a pitch in a day or two?

Surely you need grass to grow and you can’t make grass grow in that space of time no??? 😂

stay_up_skyblues

Not looking good.

As expected from up high you can see what a true state it is. What a fucking shambolic shit show. Fully expect tomorrow to be called off and unless an entirely new one is laid I imagine there will further postponements this season. Disgraceful stuff.

Attachments

• 3B8B0CE9-B905-46C7-B1ED-D6818B1CE595.png
    3B8B0CE9-B905-46C7-B1ED-D6818B1CE595.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 79
D

Deleted member 2477

Ive seen a few comments saying the pitch wasnt great even before the egg chasers got on it. Well I think these two pictures before and after blow that out the window. This lies solely on the door step of the Wasps.

Attachments

• 4FEDA318-E942-478C-A99B-D9E35A622AA1.jpeg
    4FEDA318-E942-478C-A99B-D9E35A622AA1.jpeg
    568.6 KB · Views: 129
  • F03747BE-B8BD-4DAA-B285-0BEFA5B0E326.jpeg
    F03747BE-B8BD-4DAA-B285-0BEFA5B0E326.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 125
D

Deleted member 2477

Was a new pitch laid this summer?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No. Wasps promised one but it never happened because the company they asked wouldnt deal with them due to financial history

fatso

I really hope it's called off, if only to highlight the rediculous idea of a football club trying to share a pitch and play the beautiful game after a load of fat neanderthals have been pushing and shoving each other around on it.

Fucking pointless game played with a weird shaped ball played by fat cunts who only go backwards!!! (Rugby im on about)

theferret

The game needs to be off. The pitch is absolutely terrible and we’re already one of or best players down, why risk it.

Even aside from the risk, we play good football, and that pitch is not affable to that. So why disadvantage ourselves at home. Especially in a game we should be clearly outplaying our opponents.

It’s an absolute disgrace we’re at this point though. I’m pleased MR has been so honest and clearly pissed off by it all.

I don’t get the blaming SISU/Boddy angle. We may have a better relationship with Wasps (or maybe not anymore based on SBB comments), but if they want to host Rugby 7’a as part of the games, no matter how much of a fuss we may cause, we have no power to change it.

It doesn't need to be off, and frankly it affecting our style of play, while true, shouldn't be a factor at all in that decision.

It's fine for me and others, I live a 15 minute walk away, but others go to huge lengths to get to games and fans come first in my opinion.

I don't buy that it is dangerous, the pitch will be in a better condition now than when the last few 7s games were played. Different sport yes, but no suggestion whatsoever that it was dangerous at that point.

Hope the ref puts this all the bed later and we can look forward to the game tomorrow.

lord_garrincha

It doesn't need to be off, and frankly it affecting our style of play, while true, shouldn't be a factor at all in that decision.

It's fine for me and others, I live a 15 minute walk away, but others go to huge lengths to get to games and fans come first in my opinion.

I don't buy that it is dangerous, the pitch will be in a better condition now than when the last few 7s games were played. Different sport yes, but no suggestion whatsoever that it was dangerous at that point.

Hope the ref puts this all the bed later and we can look forward to the game tomorrow.
Agree.

Genuinely unsafe = Off.
Safe, but crap = On.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Genuinely don’t think you can call it yet… Every minute up until 6pm tomorrow is going to be crucial

There's nothing really they can do though is there? As I've said previously new turf takes weeks to bed in and root and it's equally as pointless putting new seed down as that won't take for up to two weeks and even then it's around a month before you can walk on it, if not longer.

Ross1247

I don't know what happened to the pitch after the rugby 7s final as it didn't look as bare as pictures above. Although if you watch the game you can see the grass being torn up with every foot step taken,which I imagine is more the issue than lack of grass in parts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806_005447_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806_005447_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread