CBS issues (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Serious question/suggestion. Could the home game against Bristol City be played away (again it will be a 'lost income' scenario - but we reallly don't need that game in the rescheduled mix, and the overall impact financially should be minimal.
Isn't income split for cup games anyway? Probably not going to get a big crowd anyway.

I think it's too short notice for Bristol to get everything in place in time, like stewards, police etc. Also likely their food outlets won't have stock prepared.

ccfctommy

Supporting this club can seem beyond difficult at times.

Tried to purchase 2 tickets last night, went thru it all and selected seats, moved to checkout but i had forgot my password ‘so they send email with new password.
Go to emails and no email arrives 🙄 after 15 minutes session times out, so I go thru the whole thing again TWICE, and I still haven’t received an email 😔 they are a joke!!!

Check your junk mail

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Honestly, whilst the pitch does look like shit and I do agree that it is a disgrace, there is no way we haven't played on a worse one when it was the Ricoh.

I get the feeling this is a bit of a swipe at Wasps, which of course has merit. Throw in the timing of the Times article and you have a perfectly formed conspiracy theory. Unsettle the landlords, refuse to play on a shit pitch, go somewhere else for a while. Hope Wasps lean closer to fucking off or handing over some of the burdens of the stadium. Curious, curious...

PUSB-We_are_going_up

For fuck sake. Wasps are useless, the quicker they die the better. Can we spray some insecticide around Coventry in order to rid ourselves of these wankers. Someone needs a stern talking to, fuck that more than stern. We are a top end Championship club, we shouldnt be facing this issue, we have a 32,500 capacity stadium, supposed to be state of the art. It looks incomplete and has a shite pitch. How has it been allowed to get to the state of being unsafe to be played on. Wasps owe us a lot for this. Fucking piss take

(copy ‘n’ pasted from match thread)

Dec-ccfc

For fuck sake. Wasps are useless, the quicker they die the better. Can we spray some insecticide around Coventry in order to rid ourselves of these wankers. Someone needs a stern talking to, fuck that more than stern. We are a top end Championship club, we shouldnt be facing this issue, we have a 32,500 capacity stadium, supposed to be state of the art. It looks incomplete and has a shite pitch. How has it been allowed to get to the state of being unsafe to be played on. Wasps owe us a lot for this. Fucking piss take

(copy ‘n’ pasted from match thread)

we don’t have anything it’s theirs

alexccfc99

That game needs postponing Wednesday, if not possible just let Bristol City have a bye

That pitch needs sorting for the Huddersfield game and fast

alexccfc99

Reading Robins comments to the Telegraph it sounds like there is no chance the game on Sunday is going ahead.

Not his decision

We have played on pitches as bad as that, Blackpool Away one year when Chris Stokes got crocked, Tranmere Away the season we went up and even Gillingham when we returned the first time

Whether Robins likes it or not if the EFL think the pitch is playable, it will go ahead

TomRad85

The main concern isn't this match, it's how long it will take to get a playing surface that can be played on weekly again
How long is O'Hare out for? Wonder if we can long it out for a couple of months

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

theferret

Got to play it surely? It may be in a poor condition, but there was no suggestion it was unsafe when those gammy-eared fuckers were rolling about on it the other day.

Would be a big financial hit - 5000 at least off the gate for a rearranged game, a hefty fine from the EFL and fixture congestion we don't need. Will also affect player fitness at this early stage of the season, as I'm sure Wednesday would also be called off so we'd go into the Millwall game off the pace.

Got to play this.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Got to play it surely? It may be in a poor condition, but there was no suggestion it was unsafe when those gammy-eared fuckers were rolling about on it the other day.

Would be a big financial hit - 5000 at least off the gate for a rearranged game, a hefty fine from the EFL and fixture congestion we don't need. Will also affect player fitness at this early stage of the season, as I'm sure Wednesday would also be called off so we'd go into the Millwall game off the pace.

Got to play this.

It obviously won't be the club's choice not to play....

I assume the senior referee mentioned in the press release will make a verdict upon his visit and pass on his suggestions as what the outcome should be to the EFL.

Warwickhunt

When a company was approached to sort the putch out this season they refused because of the financial issues around wasps.
we should sue the fck out of them for this and withold any rent until a new pitch is laid
if its was your company going to do the new surface and read that the WASPs are defaulting on the loan would you put your money up to fund the job knowing that???

cornoccfc

Benefit of hindsight maybe.

But surely it was discussed in planning stages to ask for X games to be played away at the start of the season

I am sure clubs have done this before.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

Didnt we agree to take joint ownership of the pitch with the rent deal.
I have read elsewhere that CCFC groundsmen are responsible for it, one of them has said you can only use the tools you are given.
Read into that as you please.
All cheap shit IMO.
Also they would not allow the groud staff to access the pitch because of the secirity issues that the Commonwealth Games committe imposed on the Arena

theferret

It obviously won't be the club's choice not to play....

I assume the senior referee mentioned in the press release will make a verdict upon his visit and pass on his suggestions as what the outcome should be to the EFL.

Of course, but it sounds to me Robins doesn't want to play it. When the home manager declares in the press the pitch is not safe to play on, that will influence the referee for sure, Seems unlikely this goes ahead.

Came home from work tonight with a spring in my step, but weekend well and truly ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread