CBS issues (3 Viewers)

shepardo01

missed that, hopefully that part will make it to iplayer or whatever they call the radio thing but am I reading that right, we've tried giving financial help to get the pitch sorted and Wasps have refused.

I know Wasps fans will want to frame this as SISU always wanting to drag everyone into court, ignoring how we had no issues at Sixfields or St Andrews, but if the landlord is unable / unwilling to meet basic requirements and won't even allow the tenant to fix the issue themselves I'm not sure how it can be framed as anyone but Wasps fault.
Boddy's interview - 7:35 into programme.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wasn't sure where to post this, but if City are trying to get the Huddersfield game reversed, you'd think Huddersfield would be keen to oblige. They'd see us as being without O'Hare and Hamer and have just beaten Stoke today (surely O' Neill is on borrowed time), so I really don't think they'd want to miss what they see as a golden opportunity (I think we'll beat them)

Balli001

Wasn't sure where to post this, but if City are trying to get the Huddersfield game reversed, you'd think Huddersfield would be keen to oblige. They'd see us as being without O'Hare and Hamer and have just beaten Stoke today (surely O' Neill is on borrowed time), so I really don't think they'd want to miss what they see as a golden opportunity (I think we'll beat them)
Comes down to logistics. Police, staffing all kinds of things at short notice.

Perryccfc

Someone start a GoFund page, I would happily contribute to a new pitch if it meant us getting back playing in the CBS. 13.5k season ticket holders, we could raise enough to at least contribute.

Sky Blue Pete

Stand by to hear of a WMCA grant to WASPs
Really?
i was assured by grendel that Andy street didn’t do anything and couldn’t do anything in this situation and you know how he is the oracle

Grendel

Really?
i was assured by grendel that Andy street didn’t do anything and couldn’t do anything in this situation and you know how he is the oracle

I think you will find that’s a view that was shared by many wasn’t it?

Sky Blue Pete

I think you will find that’s a view that was shared by many wasn’t it?
You and they were wrong then.
The dispute resolution appears to include a third parTy and he’s been approached. Unless he’s lying of course which of course you probably think he is

Lord_Nampil

Stand by to hear of a WMCA grant to WASPs

i think this is what WASPs have wanted all along, knew would trigger it now they can ask them in private to pay towards a new pitch as the commonwealth games caused it….

Sky Blue Pete

i think this is what WASPs have wanted all along, knew would trigger it now they can ask them in private to pay towards a new pitch as the commonwealth games caused it….
Yep makes sense doesn’t it. So long as the grant is hypothecated for the pitch that’d be ok for me

Grendel

Grendel

Course not.
Whatever the pitch funding is
Think the vitriol is embarrassing and doesn’t help but it’s understandable given the current situation

It will be part of the whole application won’t it?

slowpoke

That’s a good point, it puts the issue in the political world but the CWG will have paid decent wedge possibly years ago which I’m sure will have covered wear and tare, but Streets involvement might secure some sort of emergency finance.

SHUNT31

They are insolvent. There is absolutely no way they are going to receive £13m of public funds. If/when they go under there will be a lot of people asking why £13m was given to an insolvent company registered to an owner with connections to the Cayman Islands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord_Nampil

That’s a good point, it puts the issue in the political world but the CWG will have paid decent wedge possibly years ago which I’m sure will have covered wear and tare, but Streets involvement might secure some sort of emergency finance.

Think it’s nailed on why they wanted… commonwealth games legacy can’t be seen to cause problems because of it, they will cover the cost of a new pitch because of it…

even though we all know it was knackered any way…

D

Deleted member 2477

Wtf we are in the dark. He’s clueless I mean what did he say that was at all positive - I can’t put words into what I feel. This is an all time low it’s beyond any credibility
Thats because there is nothing positive to say. As it stands we have a landlord who has taken money from us to allow us to play at their stadium which isnt fit for purpose and when we offer to assist with making it fit they have refused and have no intention to make it fit leaving us up the creek without paddle. Whats he supposed to say ?

Sky Blue Pete

Thats because there is nothing positive to say. As it stands we have a landlord who has taken money from us to allow us to play at their stadium which isnt fit for purpose and when we offer to assist with making it fit they have refused and have no intention to make it fit leaving us up the creek without paddle. Whats he supposed to say ?
Grendel has crystal balls he knew this would happen. Did he bollox

Skybluebeliever

Think this is the only way this can be moved forward

Hopefully Andy Street will feel he has an obligation / duty to resolve

the rumpo kid

Pl
Huddersfield giants have a home game next Saturday k/o 12.00

Senior Vick from Alicante

Think this is the only way this can be moved forward

Hopefully Andy Street will feel he has an obligation / duty to resolve

I dont think any funding from the WMCA should be given to wasps for a pitch. Surely the grants are designed to help with projects that improve peoples lives not help badly run businesses stay afloat. How does the funding of a pitch in Coventry help the public in Walsall for instance? If the money is granted it should be in the form of a loan that they have to pay back, Wasps have had too easier a ride in the city from authorities as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread