CBS issues (3 Viewers)

SIR ERNIE

This lies solely on the door step of the Wasps.

Disagree.
Ultimately all roads lead back to the owners of the football club. Owners of a club with 20k home following in the top half of the championship have full responsibility to ensure that a high quality playing surface is available for every home game. It's just about the most basic fkin requirement isn't it?
The way the club is being run is a total shitfest from top to bottom.
The manager and the better players must wonder why they bother.
Sick of it.

higgs

Robins will get fed up of this now if they sell the infectious o hare and then the pitch surface being a shambles you couldn't blame him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mr_monkey

Disagree.
Ultimately all roads lead back to the owners of the football club. Owners of a club with 20k home following in the top half of the championship have full responsibility to ensure that a high quality playing surface is available for every home game. It's just about the most basic fkin requirement isn't it?
Sick of it.

But if your landlords don't provide it (as they should as per the rental agreement) what else can they do?

Moff

The club pretty much operates hand to mouth.

Seemingly a player sale was needed anyway. Without revenue earned from home games on top of that, that's going to cause a pretty sizeable cash flow issue.

That’s not the point I was making, and is pretty obvious.

Do you think Sisu would risk losing the whole investment for the sake of a loan.

Torquay Sky Blue

Disagree.
Sick of it.
And if SISU owned the ground the playing surface would be just as bad as they would invite every fucker and his dog "literally " to come and do what they do on it. Never had any interest or intention to build us ...the paying fans of our club a stadium fit for purpose

Marty

Hopefully the Maddison sale will give us some breathing room if things are as bad as some say (which I don't believe they are, yet).

Johnnythespider

SBB’s comments are pretty telling

Despite all the scoffing we can play hard ball it’s obvious we knew we had to sell this window. We have over valued our players and can’t sell. It sounds like both clubs are teetering on the brink
If we were teetering on the brink we'd have taken the offers that came in.

robbiekeane

SBB’s comments are pretty telling

Despite all the scoffing we can play hard ball it’s obvious we knew we had to sell this window. We have over valued our players and can’t sell. It sounds like both clubs are teetering on the brink
If we need to sell a player we will sell one won’t we? We will get a few million for one of them and if we need to they will go.

Then people will be angry with the owners, you’ll be delighted and you can go back to defending them and slagging of Robins

D

Deleted member 2477

Disagree.
Sick of it.
So the owners of the pitch who we pay to maintain it to the standards required so its suitable and fit for purpose arnt to blame.

its like hiring a car that when you get it the engine doesnt work but in your eyes it would be the fault of the customer not the hire company.

clint van damme

Ah ffs!
Tickets and hotels sorted for this one. I’ll be well pissed off.
Mrs D was saying last night there’s talk on Facebook that it could be called off..which I dismissed immediately as nonsense.

Is the car museum open on Sundays?

Had to close, all exhibits got punctures, not your week mate.

D

Deleted member 2477

Just because the grass is super green doesn’t mean its Perfect

in the first picture. You can still see divots and how uneven it is.

Something wasn’t right when the pitch was laid.

My guess was the pitch hasn’t has time to bed in. Wasn’t there a concert like 2 weeks before the commonwealth?

2-3 weeks isn’t very long to allow everything to settle and bed in esp if your then going to play 11 games worth of rugby on it.
There was bo new pitch laid. Its the same one as last season

KenilworthSkyBlue

If we were teetering on the brink we'd have taken the offers that came in.

I think the issue is that now that O'Hare is no longer being sold, for the obvious reasons, the club now find themselves in a precarious position.

Especially as if there were interested parties in Hamer and Gyokeres, presumably most, if not all, have probably moved onto other targets.

higgs

I think the issue is that now that O'Hare is no longer being sold, for the obvious reasons, the club now find themselves in a precarious position.

Especially as if there were interested parties in Hamer and Gyokeres, presumably most, if not all, have probably moved onto other targets.
The owners will just have to put some more money in extend the prized assets contracts again and flog them next summer

Ashdown

Have SISU actually injected any substantial cash into CCFC since about the time of the financial crash in 2009 ?

KenilworthSkyBlue

The owners will just have to put some more money in extend the prized assets contracts again and flog them next summer

Again, I think that's the issue. Do SISU have the capability to provide further loans to the club to bridge the gap? I very much doubt it.

With regards to the latter point, I find it difficult to believe Hamer and Gyokeres will extend their current deals. Certainly not if they continue their form of last season.

CCFCSteve

Or Jan. Hopefully we can get through to then at least. I have the same concerns as others that we need to rush a sale through before window closes (if it’s Vik, who’s our most saleable asset, we’re fucked). I’d imagine that SISU should be able to get some cash from somewhere to plug the gap, rather than a fire sale, but who knows

Always trying to find a positive, if they really can’t put any more cash in, that might support the rumour of them being willing to sell if a decent offer comes in

shepardo01

If we are as desperate as SBB seems to think... we WILL sell... .
More than likely, as I have said before, late in the window, at a lower than expected price.
If we get to 1st Sept and haven't received decent money from any sales, I'd suggest that things aren't as bad as many think!
End of transfer window will tell us where we are as a club.... long way to go still!!

higgs

Again, I think that's the issue. Do SISU have the capability to provide further loans to the club to bridge the gap? I very much doubt it.

With regards to the latter point, I find it difficult to believe Hamer and Gyokeres will extend their current deals. Certainly not if they continue their form of last season.
The assets on the book are worth more than ever before surely they could get some short term investment when they could sell a player for big money in January or in the summer.

I suppose with the players contracts if they got another considerable pay increase and if a buy out clause was inserted you would hope they would re sign if they are happy here but again no guarantees

Grendel

The assets on the book are worth more than ever before surely they could get some short term investment when they could sell a player for big money in January or in the summer.

I suppose with the players contracts if they got another considerable pay increase and if a buy out clause was inserted you would hope they would re sign if they are happy here but again no guarantees

I’d assumed some funding had already been raised in June

robbiekeane

the hilarious thing is nobody has a fucking clue what’s going on about this finances and transfer discussions, but everyone’s just invented random shite in their heads to get through the boredom of a boring transfer window

it’s like that game telephone where you all write a sentence down fold it up and pass it on.

One person invents some shite, people argue about whether it is indeed shite or not, then it somehow gets accepted as truth, but then someone else makes up some other shite to make the previous shite more plausible

mental the lot of you

Grendel

the hilarious thing is nobody has a fucking clue what’s going on about this finances and transfer discussions, but everyone’s just invented random shite in their heads to get through the boredom of a boring transfer window

it’s like that game telephone where you all write a sentence down fold it up and pass it on.

One person invents some shite, people argue about whether it is indeed shite or not, then it somehow gets accepted as truth, but then someone else makes up some other shite to make the previous shite more plausible

mental the lot of you

There was a discussion the other day on if Red Bull would purchase the club - many contributed as if it could happen

KenilworthSkyBlue

Once interest is received from higher placed clubs and agents subsequently get in a player's ear, then the likelihood that said player will sign a new contract is relatively slim.

Grendel

As good as SBB is with transfers/injuries etc. I'd be very surprised if he knew every detail on the clubs finances

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

You don’t really need to know every detail - the accounts show a black hole that’s always had to be funded by player sales - this whole situation seems pretty odd to me

Reactions: AOM

shmmeee

So the owners of the pitch who we pay to maintain it to the standards required so its suitable and fit for purpose arnt to blame.

its like hiring a car that when you get it the engine doesnt work but in your eyes it would be the fault of the customer not the hire company.

It would if you didn’t make sure the engine working was part of the rental agreement. This is pretty simple, either we signed a deal where we have recourse if a common well known issue arose, or we didn’t And from the noises of “we weren’t allowed in” and “we didn’t know” sounds an awful lot like we didn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread