CBS issues (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Fuming about this

Scumbag london c**t club, sooner they fuckoff and die the better

If Wasps werent here and we had the stadium we probably would have took the rock concerts and Commonwealth Games for revenue too?

Alkhen

If it's canceled I'm a bit bit screwed. Already booked a hotel which we can't change that late. Potentially gonna have a couple of sad kids to entertain that Sunday. Any suggestions for West Midlands attractions I could hit if it is off? Hotel is in Warwick. Did the Castle last time we were up so need something different. Quick Google think Hatton Adventure is close anyone been? Worth a trip? Kids 7 & 10. Might make a thread on the non Football but any suggestions appreciated

Last edited:

Hobo

I do not think we have had any involvement in the pitch

I am not sure that is true since our return? I am sure we now employ some of our own groundstaff and there is supposed to be some joined up thinking between both clubs re pitch.

But even if we do leave it up to them entirely we still have some management responsibilities. You will never have a 100 per cent their fault zero ours situation. Of course we are not privvy to the dialogues between both parties into the build up to this? That could change the picture drastically.

wingy

If it's canceled I'm a bit bit screwed. Already booked a hotel which we can't change that late. Potentially gonna have a couple of sad kids to entertain that Sunday. Any suggestions for West Midlands attractions I could hit if it is off? Hotel is in Warwick. Did the Castle last time we were up so need something different. Quick Google think Hatton Adventure is close anyone been? Worth a trip? Kids 7 & 10. Might make a thread on the non Football but any suggestions appreciated

Yes think you should be able to entertain them for 2-3 hrs there.

SBAndy

Not while the commonwealth games are there.

Surely that’s not a standard condition when using facilities of others for something like this?

Edit: thinking about it, could it be a signal of cash flow issues? I’m sure the Commonwealth Games fees will be on a credit account whereas payment to staff for pitch maintenance would probably have to be paid out before they received that income, so more convenient to outsource as the cost would be deducted at source.

Hobo

I think you need to read between the lines

Yes as in it may not be the ground staff on one or either sides fault. They can only work within the situation and time they are given.

Grendel

Yes as in it may not be the ground staff on one or either sides fault. They can only work within the situation and time they are given.

Not actually what I meant

Sky Blue Harry H

If you are interested, the cycling for the Commonwealth Games is taking part - starting in the middle of Warwick on the Sunday (St Nicho;as Park) Free entertainment for the kids and the park is well worth a visit regardless. Small funfair there and a decent play area (and it's all free !) Nice Pubs called the Black Pug and The Bowling Green child friendly and have garden areas, Be aware Myton Road and Emscote Road (maybe others) shut for the cycling!!

djr8369

Massive shock in a nothing response from our exalted landlords

There are so many adverts and pop ups on the CET site that my iPhone, while connected to broadband, couldn’t open the link properly and it a couple of minutes to be able to scroll down to read the quote.

That site is the worst of the Internet.

Marty

EFL need to take a slice of the blame too, They would have known about the amount of Rugby played on it just the weekend before, how hard would it have been to have given us the first month all away to allow the pitch time to recover.

djr8369

I would have assumed the contract would have been very specific on this. Surely we would have included something about the pitch has to meet EFL standards for a match to be deemed playable. Surely it is inconceivable that we wouldn't have something like this?
Fingers crossed…

KenilworthSkyBlue

EFL need to take a slice of the blame too, They would have known about the amount of Rugby played on it just the weekend before, how hard would it have been to have given us the first month all away to allow the pitch time to recover.

That's not really a solution though as that would cause significant cash flow issues.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Using the Government's line about 'working round the clock'. Well we found out that that was always a lie

Yeah it's a pretty pointless narrative as I don't really understand what can be done for it to be improved to be honest. New turf takes weeks to root and seed takes up to 2-3 weeks as well before it's grown and can be mowed.

Alkhen

If you are interested, the cycling for the Commonwealth Games is taking part - starting in the middle of Warwick on the Sunday (St Nicho;as Park) Free entertainment for the kids and the park is well worth a visit regardless. Small funfair there and a decent play area (and it's all free !) Nice Pubs called the Black Pug and The Bowling Green child friendly and have garden areas, Be aware Myton Road and Emscote Road (maybe others) shut for the cycling!!

Good shout I didn't clock that at all. Will look into timings. Thanks

theferret

This is an absolute clusterfuck. So many people will have spent so much money making arrangements to be here Sunday. There will be people coming from overseas that will have spent more than the cost of a season ticket to be here for this one game.

Whatever they think they can do to get the game on they should throw everything at it, it's going to cost a few hundred grand if it's cancelled anyway.

Expect there'll be calls from Rotherham and across football for us to forfeit the game if it's postponed. Won't happen, will be a fine, but I'd be shouting for that if it was the other way around and that would be fair imo.

Skybluebeliever

I am not sure that is true since our return? I am sure we now employ some of our own groundstaff and there is supposed to be some joined up thinking between both clubs re pitch.

But even if we do leave it up to them entirely we still have some management responsibilities. You will never have a 100 per cent their fault zero ours situation. Of course we are not privvy to the dialogues between both parties into the build up to this? That could change the picture drastically.
I’m not sure any of that happens , if it did I don’t think we would be cancelling a game at this late stage

Users who are viewing this thread