Cashless System is Back! (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Being re-introduced next season apparently, according to covcitymad. In my opinion, this is possibly the worst idea imaginable so who on earth is advising Waggott in all of his 'new plans'? A few of us were literally standing in the queue at half time and laughing about how pointless this system was at a recent home game.

I thought their plan was to appease the fans, not drive more of them away. So far they have closed a stand which has been my seat for 9 years and now they're bringing back this crock of shit? Almost on a par with 'text a sub' or paying staff to stand on the concourse with a 'hot drinks' directional arrow as if they can't guess or see for themselves where the F & B stands are. Idiots!!

hill83

I've always liked it. Never had a problem with it.

Plus, if I do renew, I can fit my season ticket in my wallet again instead of dragging a ridiculous booklet around.

skybluepm2

I've always liked it. Never had a problem with it.

Plus, if I do renew, I can fit my season ticket in my wallet again instead of dragging a ridiculous booklet around.

Yes, definitely. I managed to forget the 1950's style book twice for 2 games this season which wouldn't have happened with the card being safely tucked away in my wallet.

I just think the cashless system is hassle and doesn't really save any time as you're having to queue twice, reliant on staff who appear to move in slow motion. You even have to queue to find out your bloody balance (which at the end of the season doesn't get reimbursed. Still livid about that £3.84 from 2008).

covey1987

Surely this would be introduced by ACL/ Wasps and not CCFC?? We don't run what happens at the food/ drink outlets.

skybluepm2

Surely this would be introduced by ACL/ Wasps and not CCFC?? We don't run what happens at the food/ drink outlets.

I would guess that we have an input, particularly now that we are actually getting a proportion of the cut. Heard nothing to suggest Wasps are doing the same but if they follow suit then you're probably right. Still a rubbish idea :)

rupert_bear

The difference with the Wasp games and ours is the staffing levels, loads serving at the rugby, skeleton staff at the footie.

Nick

Administrator
Where's the rumour from? It isn't taken from the same bit as Italia's posts yesterday which is probably the CCFC Site being out of date!

skybluepm2

chiefdave

I liked the cashless thing, don't know why so many people had a problem with it. The bigger problem is it seems to surprise the kiosks that at half time there's a sudden rush of people and they struggle to cope, they need to work on getting stuff prepared and served quicker.

Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't actually happening and its based off the thing about using cards again which seems to be just out of date content on the website.

crowsnest

Club have just tweeted there is no cashless system and it is still to be confirmed if there will be season ticket books or cards.

CJ_covblaze

It wasn't really cashless though was it? You couldn't top up with debit/credit card at the ground!

Nick

Administrator
I found it didn't work anyway, you still had to queue in cashless with the people who wanted to pay with cash. They would then spend minutes arguing about why they couldn't pay cash.

Sterling Archer

I actually thought it was a good system, made things a lot easier than waiting for the buffoons spend 15 minutes getting money out their wallets and then waiting for change. Actually thought it speeded up the process.

SkyBlueSid

The Ricoh has always been cashless for me. We've never found the need to spend a single penny at any of the overpriced, poor quality catering outlets.

Nick

Administrator
Somebody bought me a pint a few months ago, it was like they had taken the beer, put it through a soda stream 50 times, added some more bubbles and then put it through a soda stream and served it. Absolutely disgusting.

He hasn't bought a beer either since.

covboy9

i dont care whether its cash or card, i care about the game, typical cov fan moaning about unimportant stuff

stevefloyd

So you save money and eat better quality food and deny our team extra revenue. .. its their own faults with sub standard shite

Sky Blue Harry H

Exactly, stop off at Greggs or something on the way. I usually just stop off at One Stop, buy a few chocolate bars, couple of bags of Haribo, couple of bottles of pop for a couple of quid.

Wow Nick - bet your missus gets really excited when you tell her you're taking out for a surprise night out ! :D

skybluepm2

i dont care whether its cash or card, i care about the game, typical cov fan moaning about unimportant stuff

As a season ticket holder for the past 15 years I think I have the right to moan about whatever the fuck I like given the constant shite served up year after year. Is buying F & B not part of the 'match day experience'? If I have to waste yet more time queuing up twice rather than once I think that's a pretty valid reason to moan about.

Perhaps we should stop moaning about SISU, it's not part of 'the game' as you say?!

Users who are viewing this thread