Carlisle forum view our team (1 Viewer)

Nantwich Skyblues

When was the last time you saw a team worse than Coventry?
(Excluding Carlisle for those of you who think we are hopeless).

Can't remember a time I've seen a side misplace so many passes or knock it out of play (well since Dave Raven played). They could barely string two passes together, their strikers looked to be on a different wavelength for most of the game and even their long balls were generally ****e.

It was obviously a bit worrying that they managed to get (and waste) 3 arguably open goals but it has been a good while since I've seen us away from home completely dominate a match (apart from the last 15 when we shut up shop) and look relatively comfortable.:(:facepalm:

SkyBlue_Bear83

"especially Coventry who are honestly one of the worst.........worst L1 sides i have seen since we came up, devoid of absolutely everything, no energy, no passion, no fight, cannot string simple passes together, no one runs, none of them seem bothered, cannot defend, cannot pass, struggle to attack....................................feel sorry for their manager because they are so poor i think it's a 2-3 year job to turn that about, but Coventry's history shows he won't get it...........they should just i think be happy for 5th bottom if they get it as he has alot of work to do."

shy_tall_knight

They are right about the misplaced passes, Henderson had an awful game but he is very new, Brown and Kilbanes distribution out of defence very poor, Jordan Clarkes crosssing was also poor. Sheffers was anonymous Daniels invisible yet we were the better team and unlucky not to win hit the post twice 2 balls accross the box missed by inches and a penalty that never was. What does that say about the quality of this division.

Evans020

Correct about misplaced passes ..wrong about dominating the game..I thought it was a very even contest overall with us having the slightly better chances, overall I think we were unlucky not to get anything out of the game despite how poor certain individuals were

Otis

They didn't dominate. They did look quite comfortable for the most part though.

I know we hit the post but I can't recall their keeper having too many saves to make, if any.

stupot07

They didn't dominate. They did look quite comfortable for the most part though.

I know we hit the post but I can't recall their keeper having too many saves to make, if any.

I would go along with that. Plus I think people are forgetting their free point blank header that murphy saved.

J

Jack Griffin

I would go along with that. Plus I think people are forgetting their free point blank header that murphy saved.

There were so many free headers, I blame our useless centre backs, they don't challenge strongly enough, Wood especially was awful, there are far better performers than he is delivering at the moment available.

stupot07

There were so many free headers, I blame our useless centre backs, they don't challenge strongly enough, Wood especially was awful, there are far better performers than he is delivering at the moment available.

Is he though? He was third/fourth choice CB under Thorn and under AB, and infact other than 1 spell under Coleman has never rally made the CB role his own, a lot of people were saying he was better than Keogh and Cranie and would be like new signing......I'm starting to wonder whether he is actually crap.

LJC_CCFC

Is he though? He was third/fourth choice CB under Thorn and under AB, and infact other than 1 spell under Coleman has never rally made the CB role his own, a lot of people were saying he was better than Keogh and Cranie and would be like new signing......I'm starting to wonder whether he is actually crap.

I agree, Wood's performances have been very poor. I know he isn't the best with the ball at his feet but he isn't even winning balls in the air. I reckon Willis should start, he looked good in the 4-0 defeat to southampton so he must be worth a go

Nonleagueherewecome

Robins should do whatever the modern equivalent is of pinning this on the dressing room wall as motivation. I dunno, I guess he could PM them a link to it..hmm, dunno if that will have the same impact..

Yeah we were crap, but equally they weren't much better and without the referee as 12th man, they wouldn't have won it.

The only point agree with is we should drop the delusions of grandeur and aspirations of promotion-it aint happening this season, we just need to stay up.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I've started calling him Richard Wouldn't.
He's a clumsy player.

I've been calling him "Anywhere!" for about 3 seasons now...

Nonleagueherewecome

I want him to play more like a pussy, rather than thinking he can win the ball in the penalty area by simply barging or hacking people to the floor....shades of Steven Pressley.

Nonleagueherewecome

Skyblue4u

Hopefully Robins can sort this mess out and we can look forward to ramming those words back down their throats in the return fixture.

lordsummerisle

Hopefully Robins can sort this mess out and we can look forward to ramming those words back down their throats in the return fixture.

Don't think anything needs ramming down their throats.

They're just saying it how they saw it, which is pretty much how most of our fans saw it too.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
It was a pretty awful performance all around to be honest, we were crap, they were crap, the ref was crap, the atmosphere was crap.

Diehard Si

A damning judgement from such a lowly club. How did it come to this?

For the record I thought the standard was poor from both teams. They certainly didn't dominate though. Sure they had spells but so did we.

ccfcway

It was a pretty awful performance all around to be honest, we were crap, they were crap, the ref was crap, the atmosphere was crap.

1st home game with a new manager and signed a player from Arsenal

Attendance and atmosphere aint getting any better any time soon

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
1st home game with a new manager and signed a player from Arsenal

Attendance and atmosphere aint getting any better any time soon

Yeah, well 10k is a good attendance at this level its up to the team to get the fans going now after giving us absolutely zilch to celebrate.

Users who are viewing this thread