Carling Cup Draw - Round 2 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The Carling Cup Round Two draw takes place live on Sky Sports Soccer Saturday at approx 12:10pm.

The live part of the draw is the last of three stages. Two pre-draws will have been held:
Draw 1 - to allocate an unseeded club to a particular match number
Draw 2 - to determine whether the unseeded club will be Home or Away

The live draw will then allocate a seeded club to each match. All the ties will see an unseeded club v a seeded club.

SEEDED CLUBS
Aston Villa
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Burnley
Cardiff City
Charlton Athletic
Crystal Palace
Fulham
Leeds United
Leicester City
Manchester City
Millwall
Norwich City
Plymouth Argyle
Portsmouth
Reading
Sheffield United
Southampton
Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Wigan Athletic
Wolverhampton Wanderers

UNSEEDED CLUBS
AFC Bournemouth
Barnet
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bradford City
Cheltenham Town
Coventry City
Doncaster Rovers
Gillingham
Grimsby Town
Hartlepool United
Huddersfield Town
Lincoln City
Luton Town
Macclesfield Town
Mansfield Town
Northampton Town
Rotherham United
S****horpe United
Sheffield Wednesday
Shrewsbury Town
Watford
Wycombe Wanderers
Yeovil Town

You obviously have to exclude the teams that have gone out so far ;)

City Nut

y does it have to b a seeded vs unseeded team? doesnt sound that fair to be honest to put all of the small teams against the big teams?

Nick

Administrator
Blackburn Rovers v Grimsby Town
Bolton Wanderers v Northampton Town
Brighton Wanderers v Manchester City
Burnley v Oldham Athletic
Cardiff City v Milton Keynes Dons
Cheltenham Town v Stoke City
Coventry City v Newcastle United
Crewe Alexandra v Bristol City
Fulham v Leicester City
Leeds United v Crystal Palace
Hartlepool United v West Bromwich Albion
Huddersfield Town v Sheffield United
Ipswich Town v Colchester United
Middlesbrough v Yeovil Town
Nottingham Forest v Sunderland
Preston North End v Derby County
Queens Park Rangers v Carlisle United
Reading v Luton Town
Rotherham United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Southampton v Birmingham City
Swansea City v Hull City
Watford v Darlington
West Ham United v Macclesfield Town
Wigan Athletic v Notts County
Ties will be played during the week commencing August 25th.

daveccfc

I think it is going to be a big occasion against Newcastle. I hope they don't field a 2nd team and put out some big name players to attract crowds, money and more important a big performance.

G

Gregsy!!

I dont think Gunnarsson will catch him-he seems too slow. (well he did saturday-i didnt go tonight!) :cool:

1987ccfc

I reckon after watching them vs Man Utd we do well to win I say a 1-2 to Newcastle but I hope they bring a few down to make up for the City fans I know will watch it on TV

AlanShearer

Alright lads, obviously I'm a geordie:)

Not here to cause any trouble don't worry. Seems like a good draw for you lot. We've got an allocation of 6,000 but because it's a tuesday night game, I'd only expect 3,000-4,000 geordies to make the trip, including myself.

Apparently you've got barmy health and safety people at the Ricoh Arena and they're deciding to leave 3 blocks empty between the Newcastle and the Coventry fans. Seems a bit stupid.

G

Gregsy!!

Hello mr shearer!! :D Only we could close 3 empty blocks when we have a chance to earn extra gate money- the club is mad!!! :evil: good result yesterday pal!! :D

AlanShearer

Yeah, it was a good result, but unexpected. Hopefully we'll get a few signings in before the 31st with our small squad.

How many fans do you think Coventry will have in the game against us?

G

Gregsy!!

Not sure my friend-it will be packed with "fans" who cant be bothered to support us all year round!! :D but its a good pay day for us so who cares! did you go yesterday?

AlanShearer

Yes, I went yesterday. Great trip all round but didn't expect to get anything after last seasons 6-0 thrashing.

Sounds good. I wish SkySports didn't televise this now - would of encouraged fans from both teams to go to the match.

Also, I've found out that the 3 block space is because of the trouble Coventry caused the last time they were up Newcastle, 2 years ago. Tried to f**k one of our pubs up aswell as some of the fans in it.

Nick

Administrator
I think it is like that every game. It has been the last few I have been to since the "chavs" kicked off with the Preston fans.

I would love to see the whole ground full though, it ruins what there is of an atmosphere.

G

Gregsy!!

Alan shearer-sorry to hear that my friend-the morons that claim to represent this club are a disgrace!! (not the decent fans!) the preston coach for example had women and children on it,these people are scum!! :(

AlanShearer

I've heard it was chavs but they're harmless really. Everyone has a miniority of them but what can you do? What happened at the Preston match then?

Yeah, we seem to have quite a poor atmosphere up at St James'. It seems to get worse and worse every season but we always have a decent following on the road and create alot of noise as well. But most of the Premiership teams now have lost their atmosphere in their grounds.

Nick

Administrator
At the Preston match some "hard men" smashed a coach up with families on etc!

The atmosphere at the Ricoh seems to be dire although with a few good performances up until then and a super star turnout for you lot it should be good :)

AlanShearer

At the Preston match some "hard men" smashed a coach up with families on etc!

The atmosphere at the Ricoh seems to be dire although with a few good performances up until then and a super star turnout for you lot it should be good :)

Jesus! Seems pretty bad. Possibly could be trouble between our support and your support judging by that - but hopefully not. I know what our supporters are like on an away day - especially after a few drinks!

Are these "hard men" hooligans or are they just chavs who want to be hooligans? We have quite alot of chavs who think they're "hard men". They're not regulars though - they just turn up to the cup and friendly matches.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know to be honest! The ones I have seen are chavs trying to be hard but I never really go in the places where the "firm" would be!

G

Gregsy!!

No nor me i keep my kids as far away from these muppets as possible!

suzoooooo

well im going to this one it is my first of many trips to the ricoh. hope there aint no trouble as i will probly take my two little ones aswell

AlanShearer

We've only sold 1,500 tickets for this game so it will be pay on the door down there. It's mostly because of the fact that it's a tuesday night and alot of people are working etc.

L.A.S.T.

Be nice Nick. We only get Setanta in Canada (it is on) That will save me a couple of thousand dollars in bus fare.

suzoooooo

according to a post i read on ic as of earlier there was only 15,000 odd tickets been sold:(:( hope they were wrong . il be there anyway cant wait as its the first of many more times ive been to the ricoh:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread