Cardoza Family in Court (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
At least they are ordering the money from him rather than NTFC which is a good thing!

skybluetony176

At least they are ordering the money from him rather than NTFC which is a good thing!

They cut a deal with the club when it was taken over didn’t they? I think the club settled their commitment by handing back some land at Sixfields.

Nick

Administrator
They cut a deal with the club when it was taken over didn’t they? I think the club settled their commitment by handing back some land at Sixfields.
I haven't followed it too close but it rings a bell about some land.

I wonder what chance they have of ever getting the money.

skybluetony176

I haven't followed it too close but it rings a bell about some land.

I wonder what chance they have of ever getting the money.

Slim I would have thought. OSB is probably the best person to ask but if they’ve broken the fiduciary code for directors (as stated in court) and already lost some directors privileges as a result of this case if they haven’t already been struck off will they be? If they have or will I wouldn’t think that it doesn’t give them any reason not to declare themselves bankrupt meaning that the debt will never get paid. It’s clear from this case that David Cardoza was switching assets into his wife’s name (namely their house) so who’s to say they haven’t already moved other assets out of reach.

I assume that this is a civil case not a criminal case. Is there a criminal case to follow or has it already happened and I missed it? I know the police were investigating.

Nick

Administrator
Have seen some of their fans mention more money that's gone missing? Hopefully they will find it and give it to the club (if it's theirs).

Captain Dart

skybluetony176

He took £10m from the council to redevelop the stadium and surrounding land. The money vanished. He seems to be getting off lightly.
Northampton Town and the missing money

I think there’s an ongoing criminal investigation so the music might not be over just yet. I think the developer is in the loop somewhere too and I’m not sure if Northampton council are trying to reclaim money from him too. Maybe because they lent the money to the Cardoza’s they can only go after them personally, in which case certainly as far as the council getting their money back then maybe he has got off lightly.

Nick

Administrator
Christ, it's dodgy!

The council leader received thousands from the company where the money went missing from. Sounds like he was in on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread