Cardiff an example worth following! (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Changing the badge and kit colour is hardly 'ripping the soul' out of a club. It's been done many times by many clubs.
I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

Really? What clubs have totally changed their kit colour in recent times?

Tad

Really? What clubs have totally changed their kit colour in recent times?

Might just be me, but I'm not actually a big fan of whole skyblue colour. Makes everything look cheap and tacky.

RoboCCFC90

Might just be me, but I'm not actually a big fan of whole skyblue colour. Makes everything look cheap and tacky.

Are you for real?

RoboCCFC90

Yup. Sorry. The colour has always looked cheap to me. The colour we use isnt even "skyblue". Its more pastel blue.

I wouldn't change the colours for the world, it's CCFC, the Sky Blue Army and the Sky Blues, couldn't imagine being seen dead in anything else, I respect that you have an opinion of course but it would be like ripping the soul out if we ever changed colours.

stupot07

I wouldn't change the colours for the world, it's CCFC, the Sky Blue Army and the Sky Blues, couldn't imagine being seen dead in anything else, I respect that you have an opinion of course but it would be like ripping the soul out if we ever changed colours.

But I suppose we have only been the sky blues for less than half of our existence.

RoboCCFC90

But I suppose we have only been the sky blues for less than half of our existence.

Maybe, but for all my exsistence and through all my support it's been Sky Blues as it has for many of us to change that would be painful to say the least

Would hate to change colours! We are the sky blues and for most people who support us that's all they can remember! Would hate to become another one of those team that play in just red or blue...
PLAYYY UP SKY BLUES!
SKY BLUE ARMY!

stupot07

1 positive is, we wouldn't be able use the empty seats and not being able to see each other as an excuse for playing poorly!

RoboCCFC90

Unique except for man city and lazio, who also wear sky blue....

Lazio are foreign.

We are pretty unique and technically Man City are the Citizens, which makes us the one and only true Sky Blues!!!

ajsccfc

Sydney FC keep trying to get in on our action in that regard, which leads Newsnow to get a bit confused every now and then.

SkyblueBazza

I agree, but the Swansea way requires patience from fans, they hit rock bottom, nearly fell out of the football league and it's taken over a decade to get where they are now.

Patience? PATIENCE ffs!!! Collectively we must be 5th in that table...after Wimbledon, Wolves, Swansea & Pompey who've been through similar to us at some stage, but so far worse than us IMO

RoboCCFC90

Ballymena of Northern Ireland and Celta Vigo (Spain) as well I'm afraid ;)

I know where Celta Vigo is mate! We are the true Sky Blues and I would never want to change that..

Cranfield Sky Blue

The only well run clubs of then are reading and Swansea. Others have found the loopholes in the system to straddle ridiculous debts and keep adding to them. And to turn their back on their history and colours etc, well personally I would have been disgusted if we did that

We did it when Jimmy Hill took over and it was called revolutionary.......

CCFC Germany

They sold their souls, their identity and that ridiculous guy who bought them, still has to come up with a useful financial plan regarding their future.
Give them 2-3 years after being relegated again and they'll go bust as well.
Nowhere close to be worth following them.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Name 3 welsh teams in the premier league....? Swansea,Bardiff and Gareth Bale !!!

Waldorf

Arent Swansea ran by loads of rich fans though? Can't see that many people from Cov doing the same...

Ordinary fans, through the Swans Trust, own 20% of the club. The rest is owned by a fairly small number of local "rich fans". I'm not sure being rich makes them lesser fans. And surely that way is better than a Malaysian billionaire with no connection with the city who insists on changing the strip to red?

SkyBlueSwiss

just to be totally biase and bitter what the F*** are Swansea and Cardiff doing in the ENGLISH Premier League anyway ??????????? :thinking about:

WHAT English premier league ffs? What percentage of players in the Premier are actually ENGLISH?
And for those ignorant of the facts, England and Wales are under one football league and football association umbrella and have been for a rather large number of years.
Racist sod :slap:

Moff

I know it may have covered but they have astronomical debt, and if and only if they can survive will they be able to start reducing it.

Without the owner they will be in deep deep trouble, and will end up like Portsmouth. Personally I would follow the Swansea model everytime.

Users who are viewing this thread