Caption Competition - Week Two (1 Viewer)

Week Two

The anticipation is over. Time for week two of the now globally popular SBT Caption Comp. No game over the weekend, so the image has been taken from a Cov Telegraph article from the last few days. Same rules apply, winners based on number of likes received as of around lunch time tomorrow. 1st place = 3 points, 2nd place = 2 points, 3rd place = 1 point.

Table at end of week 1

1. AJSCCFC 3
  2. MUSICMANSKYBLUE 2
  3. ASTUTE 1
  4. SINGERS_PORE 1

This weeks image & my pitiful example:

hermann-hreidarsson-87450840.jpg

"Herman Hreidarsson chooses a peculiar method of travel as he leaves Portsmouth harbour for Coventry"

WillieStanley

Trying to keep up with his nick-name, "The Hermannator" couldn't help but feel he'd misjudged a few minor details

ajsccfc

Hermann's mode of transport may have been flash, but his blue suede shoes were now ruined.

skybluearmy88

Hreidarsson realises what a mistake he has made signing for coventry and is snapped trying to make his great escape across the pond to las Vegas where his hopes are high of persuing a future career as an Elvis inpersonater.

When Hermann heard that Coventry were trying to pull off the great escape he got the wrong end of the stick and thought they had more chance of stealing the crown jewels, and Jetskiing them to france whilst dressed as Elvis Presley.

This picture is from his practice run.

Brighton Sky Blue

Rather than spending it on hotshot strikers to pull Coventry City out of the bottom 3, Andy Thorn decided to spend next year's transfer budget on this fabulous jetski/Elvis combination. Money well spent!

harvey098

"Hreidarsson on route to help with the italian search team, as he has recent experience of joining sinking ships"

scroobiustom

"Herman Hreidarsson chooses a peculiar method of travel as he leaves Portsmouth harbour for Coventry"

upon leaving the harbour Herman started to think, Coventry doesn't have a harbour and a pained looked overcame his face.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hermann wonders where the ashtray is....

musicmanskyblue

"I'll be back"

Were the words spoken by the Hermanator as he left for the Cayman islands to speak personally with club owners regarding the failure of promised loanees by monday..

rob9872

After the recent floods in Coventry, Herman parades next season's new strip around the City.

BigCsCheesyGrin

Lost in translation- 'I'm sure SISU promised if i signed for Coventry they would put me up in a King sized suite and make me debt free. I end up in a king suit on a jet ski !

smileycov

Facebook User
Freddie's order from ELVIS PIZZAS made it's way up coventry canal!

Astute

"SISU offered me a private jet instead of wages.The lying b@stards missed out the word ski"

olderskyblue

"I know they're up shit creek, but they wont need a paddle when i get there on this !!"

Results are in. People have been voting in there 10's, but the lines are now closed. Please don't vote now as it will not count and you may still be charged. The winners have been verified by the independant adjudicator, and I can now reveal that the winners of this weeks SBT Caption Competition are.

(Pause for dramatic effect)

1st Place

"Hreidarsson on route to help with the italian search team, as he has recent experience of joining sinking ships"

2nd Place

Whilst at Pompy, Herman misunderstood the need for a offshore account

3rd Place

Casued me no end of miscounting (and i'll be damned if im quoting all of them in!), but was a 5 way tie between

ajsccfc
SkyBlue_Am
La-Lucha
bamalamafizzfazz
smileycov

Updated table as follows

At end of Week Two

1. AJSCCFC 4
  2. HARVEY098 3
  3. CCFCWAY 2
  4. MUSICMANSKYBLUE 2
  5. ASTUTE 1
  6. SINGERS_PORE 1
  7. SKYBLUE_AM 1
  8. LA_LUCHA 1
  9. BAMALAMAFIZZFAZZ 1
  10. SMILEYCOV 1

Cheers All.

This is brill Looking forward to this weeks. Will there be a new one tomorrow?

Just wondering how the league table works?

Most Liked Post = 3 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 1 point

Any ties mean people each get the points.

Any winners who haven't previously scored points get added to the table (like you this time). Although secretly hoping the same people start winning as it saves me a job adding new people in!!

As for tomorrow, it will probably be later in the evening but yeah i'll post another one up.

Users who are viewing this thread