Captain for next season? (1 Viewer)

CJparker

My choices would be:

1: Keogh (obviously conditional on whether he stays)
2: Platt (although recognising he won't play most games)
3: McSheffrey (got to be team skipper when Platt doesn't play)
4: Crainie (if he stays)
5: Murphy

smileycov

Facebook User
Cant see Platt refusing!! Didn't think of that, not a great deal of choice as captain is there!

Deegan?

Grendel

Wood if he stays is the only real choice assuming Keogh leaves.

kingharvest

Well we need to keep at least 1 senior pro. But i don't think you can make Platt or Shef captian - from what i've seen neither of them look like leaders, and in league 1, we're gonna need a leader

Brighton Sky Blue

Wood captained Wednesday so has more experience of it than the others. Platt doesn't strike me as leadership material on the pitch-though off it I imagine he'd be quite good at it.

ccfcjohn

providing they stay of course, i'd go for:

1 - Keogh
2 - Cranie
3 - Wood (if he's going to play enough games)
4 - Sky Blue Sam
5 - the guy selling pies under block 17

i think reality is we have a lack of leadership, should keogh and cranie not be here that would open the door for Wood to be playing every game, with his previous experience as club captain at Sheff Weds i think he'd do a good job,

ccfcjohn

addind to my previous post - if McPake stays i would make him captain over anyone having followed his last few months in Scotland and watched him on the pitch

pw362

My choices would be:

1: Keogh (obviously conditional on whether he stays)
2: Platt (although recognising he won't play most games)
3: McSheffrey (got to be team skipper when Platt doesn't play)
4: Crainie (if he stays)
5: Murphy

Whoever was captain of U18's last season because the way things are they'll be the starting XI come august!!

wingy

This call was one of AT's biggest mistakes last year ,needs to get it right ,if we have the means to make it matter.:thinking about:

SkyBlueM

Boring answer - depends what the squad is for the start of the season/pre season - a lot of the favoured names may not be here depending on how much more squad butchery SISU do over the summer.

WillieStanley

This call was one of AT's biggest mistakes last year ,needs to get it right ,if we have the means to make it matter.:thinking about:

But last summer, it made sense!! I remember the panic last pre-season when we thought he was going to leave. Nobody could have forseen the way he completely undermined the privilege of wearing the shirt, let alone the Coventry City Captains armband. I don't think anyone could've argued with that choice at the time. The mistake was not reassigning the captaincy, which is a big call to make.

Keogh is the obvious choice. Should he not be around, I'd agree with McPake or Wood.

WillieStanley

I'm aware that there is a lack of leaders amongst the current squad however I think Clive Platt is a ridiculous suggestion

OK he's not the best player in the world, but hearing him speak and watching him pick the younger players up when he's on the pitch, it's not the worst shout I've heard.

kingharvest

Just thinking actually. If Keogh goes, which is likely, and Cranie goes, i'd be pretty happy with a back four of Clarke/Christie, McPake, Wood, Hussey. That would be pretty decent in this league.

kingharvest

Me too - i love captains who take up positions on the pitch which makes it impossible to receive the ball, almost as if they're hiding and don't want it. Its pretty much number 1 on a list of things you want from your captain - to be able to hide well.

Astute

Strikers and GK's do not make good captains. You need a player that can conversate with all players.

Keogh all day long if he is still with us. If not then we need to see who we have before we decide.

Me too - i love captains who take up positions on the pitch which makes it impossible to receive the ball, almost as if they're hiding and don't want it. Its pretty much number 1 on a list of things you want from your captain - to be able to hide well.

You forget the fact he never tackles or tracks back, rarely takes people on and usually plays a safe pass backwards

Sheffers For Captain

In my eyes, there is only one contender for the captaincy; Gary McSheffery. He is experienced but he's got plenty of years left in him. He's consistent. Above all else, he's dedicated and passionate about the club. He may not be the best player or the most eye-cathcing player, but he puts the club above everything else and that is what makes a captain; dedication. Keogh was a great captain last season, but we have to be realistic. It's very likely he'll be leaving int he summer. SISU wont allow him to stay if they see a bit of money in him. Cranie is too young, even if he does stay, which he probably won't, to be captain. If Sheffers isn't captain, i say give it to Joe Murphy, he's very vocal at the back(the only player who is vocal in the whole team). the only worry about Joe is as a Keeper, he wont have much say on striking matters, so we need someone who can dictate the striking and defensive matters, ideally a midfielder, like Sheffers. I'm glad Clingan has gone. He did nothing, he said nothing, so how is he a valid question? Thanks for nothing Clingan. I hope the next CCFC captain actually does what he needs to do. Please Thorny, make a good choice this time?

Astute

Sheffers could be a striker next season. I would expect him to score lots if so. Strikers are no good as captain. We would want him up front, not organising a defence

gouldberg

Depending on which defenders we lose Nathan Cameron could be in with a shout. Always strikes me as the vocal kind in defence and whilst yes he does have the odd howler let's remember that so did Elliott Ward.

Astute

If it is anything to do with SISU we will end up with captain calamity

SkyBlue_Bear83

Just thinking actually. If Keogh goes, which is likely, and Cranie goes, i'd be pretty happy with a back four of Clarke/Christie, McPake, Wood, Hussey. That would be pretty decent in this league.
Yea but when you consider 3 of that back 4 had large spells injured last season and Hussey had a few long term injuries the season before that. Then you are looking at Willis/Henderson etc. if we get a bad injury

SkyBlue_Bear83

Depending on which defenders we lose Nathan Cameron could be in with a shout. Always strikes me as the vocal kind in defence and whilst yes he does have the odd howler let's remember that so did Elliott Ward.
Not old enough, honestly if Keogh goes I don't see who could get it.

Mcpake and Wood are the kind of characters you would like as captain but I am not sure how committed either are. I would consider Murphy if Keogh were to leave.

Gaz

Keogh
McPake
Deegs

Would be my choice in that order

Users who are viewing this thread