Canzuk (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

What do people think of Canzuk now brexit is done?
Free trade and Movement
CANZUK

pipkin73

Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK in trade deals inculding moving between countries like we had with Europe before.

Last edited:

pipkin73

For those who have never heard of CANZUK it's built by names, C is Canada, A is Australia, NZ is New Zealand and we are the UK bit off it

Last edited:

pipkin73

I've seen all the other 3 accept. Just waiting on the UK to agree to form a new Super Power globally by accepting. Figures make us the 3rd global power, but more growth will make us top dogs again. China and the USA are included in this, they are much bigger BUT Canzak is our effort to draw it back and even lead in the years to come.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Is there actually any official will to get this done or is it all pie in the sky? Freedom of movement being the obvious one. All the talk of an Australian points style immigration system for example was very deliberately used as Australia has in recent history had a very strict immigration policy. Why are they going to suddenly go open door when they’re already negotiating a FTA that already looks weighted in their benefit and as far as anyone knows doesn’t include free movement of people. We quite clearly need their young people to fill voids in the job market created by Brexit such as in the hospitality sector, I don’t think they have the same issues.

shmmeee

Neeeeever going to happen. We are way down the list of trade priorities for these countries. I’d love it, but it is just an idea by weirdos and white nationalists online not a serious proposal.

chiefdave

Neeeeever going to happen. We are way down the list of trade priorities for these countries.
From the Canadian side it seems pretty much a non-issue, they are more concerned with not doing anything to upset CETA. Although their farmers have certainly taken note that Australian farmers are getting tariff and quota free access to the UK market.

Freedom of movement with Australia and Canada would be great but I can't see it happening.

shmmeee

From the Canadian side it seems pretty much a non-issue, they are more concerned with not doing anything to upset CETA. Although their farmers have certainly taken note that Australian farmers are getting tariff and quota free access to the UK market.

Freedom of movement with Australia and Canada would be great but I can't see it happening.

As someone who would very much like to move to Canada later in life I really hope it happens. Just can’t see it as a serious possibility.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I thought the big issue a lot of people had with the EU was freedom of movement and no control of the borders?

chiefdave

Free movement to Canada, NZ and Australia, would there be anybody left in the uk.
I had the chance to move to Australia a few years back and didn't. Regret that decision but didn't really have a choice. As an only child with elderly parents who need caring for you can't really bugger off to the other side of the planet.

Mate who did make the move says his quality of life has improved massively.

Spent a year in Canada a few years back and would happily move back over there.

Evo1883

As someone who would very much like to move to Canada later in life I really hope it happens. Just can’t see it as a serious possibility.

Had the opportunity when I left the army to work in Canada trucking .

Accommodation paid for and me and my family .

Turned it down

I definitely 100% prefer watching lads load up bins in Stoke aldermoor 🤣

LastGarrison

Turned it down

Me and the Missus came back from travelling around South Asia in 2015 and as we were 35 we were too old for an Oz working visa but could just scrape one for Canada (up until our 36th birthday) but just didn’t have the funds to get out there and have enough to tide us over until we got settled and got a job etc.

Not a massive regret but I do sometimes wonder whether our lives would be massively different now.

In fact the massive Canada Lonely Planet book is still sat on the shelf around my Old Mans.

clint van damme

Turned it down

what were you thinking?!
I've been twice, never left the airport! Hopefully next time I might make it as far as the taxi rank.

Users who are viewing this thread