Can't understand, why no offer of help from elsewhere ? (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

It is plainly obvious our present owners are not going to finance any deal to bring in player or players to help this relegation fight. But what about others. There are plenty of well heeled supporters more than able to finance either on a loan basis or even a gift. It is said some years ago our vice-chairman, John Clarke financed the Mickey Quinn transfer and i thought there was a group of local business people who as a group helped aid dealings in the past. So why not now ? If some locals went to the press and said we will stand a couple of deals, pay the wages whatever that would really put Tim Fisher on the spot, would he dare publically turn that offer down and if he did would that not prove something i have been saying for ages now, sisu want out of this league and i don't mean premiership.
Lets admit it we are all die-hard fans and finding the hundred or so quid to go to Forest yesterday is proberly harder than a 200 grand in wages for some of our fans and if we got lucky on the Euro millions would proberly be straight on the phone with a few bob.

Otis

No one with as much as an ounce of intelligence is going to have anything to do with this club while Sisu are in charge. Why would they? They are a hedge fund.

Different people owning the club, then maybe.

Pie in the sky idea with this lot in charge. Mind, I bet Sisu would totally love the idea themselves, because what you are suggesting would totally benefit Sisu.

coundonskyblue

The likes of John Clarke like to suck up to sisu and say how good they are but are not prepared to put their money where their mouth is.

Don't suppose anyone heard his interview on Mercia yesterday? I missed it.

Covstu

Nice idea but yes I would not want to fill the pockets of sisu as they are bound to keep some of your hard earned cash somehow!

EleanorRigby

I am saying it with the knowledge that maybe there will be a change of ownership and i don't see offering to pay wages for two months March and April as anything a hedge fund company can steal. What i am saying a public offer of assistance would do is show us all if sisu want relegation or not. The right two players and we get out of this mess at a cost o about £250k maximum.

Last edited:

Otis

Well, yes, if there is to be a change of ownership for sure, then I can see what you are saying.

You know something we don't? Word going round now is that Hoffman is waiting for administration. Can't see why on earth Sisu would go into administration though.

Last edited:

EleanorRigby

Administration is a topical word at the moment, my understanding is that for us it isn't even an option, just the way the sisu deal was set up 4 years ago. They can close us down though !!

I'mARealWizard

How many times does this need to be said.

Our main (only) creditor is SISU.

How on earth can SISU allow the business to fold when they are the only ones that may not end up getting paid in full. By themselves.

?????

coundonskyblue

I think its clear that Sisu are no longer funding the clubs losses, therefore the club is now on its own.

There will come a point when the club on its own cannot pay HMRC, another club (although we don't actually buy any players so maybe not), or a local supplier. At that point if one of these parties takes legal action against City for non payment then it will be out of Sisu's hands.

BrisbaneBronco

I do not believe that SISU are the only creditor. I bet that we owe the inland revenue, Harry Shaw, ACL to name but a few.
We have had 2 recent transfer embargo's and you do not get them if the only creditor is the clubs owner.

ashbyjan

Assuming we could find some mug sorry concerned investor to stump up the readies who is actually available who could come in and save the situation? I think we definitely need a decent target man style striker who can actually score goals and a midfielder who can actually grab a game by the scruff of the neck and run the show. Not only do we need to identify these players, find the necessary funding and then convince him to join a team struggling at the bottom of the Championship. Apparently we had it all sorted with Newcastle to take Nile Ranger but he preferred sitting on his arse on his sofa in Geordieland than actually playing football - sod the useless tosser.

BrisbaneBronco

I suppose that a takeover deal could be brokered along the lines of. We will wait until the end of the season to agree a price of a/ if we are in the championship and b/ if we are in league 1. In the meantime we will invest a said amount between now and the end of the season which would be deducted from the sale price.
It depends on what price the new owners want to pay because by helping the club out financially now, they run the risk of having to pay a higher purchase price if we stay up.
As for local businesses helping out. Would you invest with SISU in charge????

EleanorRigby

Assuming we could find some mug sorry concerned investor to stump up the readies who is actually available who could come in and save the situation? I think we definitely need a decent target man style striker who can actually score goals and a midfielder who can actually grab a game by the scruff of the neck and run the show. Not only do we need to identify these players, find the necessary funding and then convince him to join a team struggling at the bottom of the Championship. Apparently we had it all sorted with Newcastle to take Nile Ranger but he preferred sitting on his arse on his sofa in Geordieland than actually playing football - sod the useless tosser.
We had and I presume paid a certain Steve Waggott for a month or so to sort out any players ATwanted, not a bad little earner for him i should think

EleanorRigby

Cassidy brothers are long time City fanatics and have poured loads of dosh into the club over the years. It is concerning to me why they and some other associates won't do it now, perhaps that underlines the situation here at Cov. I know one such guy who would walk on broken glass for his Sky Blues and he's an associate member or whatever it is called. My belief is offers of help have been rejected by our owners

wingy

Was looking through some player stats on friday ,cannot be certain ,but i'm pretty confident his name was in the Barnsley squad list.Probably score against us next week if so.

mark82

Was looking through some player stats on friday ,cannot be certain ,but i'm pretty confident his name was in the Barnsley squad list.Probably score against us next week if so.

From Wikipedia:

On 21 November 2011, having failed to appear for Newcastle in the season up to that date, Ranger signed on loan for Barnsley until 14 January 2012.[9] In his fifth game for Barnsley, a 1-0 away defeat to West Ham United on 18 December 2011, Ranger injured his foot. His loan was cut short and he returned to Newcastle.[10]

wingy

From Wikipedia:

On 21 November 2011, having failed to appear for Newcastle in the season up to that date, Ranger signed on loan for Barnsley until 14 January 2012.[9] In his fifth game for Barnsley, a 1-0 away defeat to West Ham United on 18 December 2011, Ranger injured his foot. His loan was cut short and he returned to Newcastle.[10]
Cheers M8 my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread