Cancelling Bobby Madeley (the Ref) (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

What's your opinion on the case.?

Basically was constantly called a fatty by fans whilst reffing. A bit body conscious so didn't take part in his kids sports day. Made a stupid joke by filming another kids disabled parent with a caption saying he fancies his chances this year. Sent it to a mate private.

That mate then fell out with him and shopped him.
He lost his job at 34.

Cant condone the mocking disability aspect but fuck me, I hope none of my friends screw me over like that. I'm sure a lot of people have said some edgy stuff to people they think are on a level.

I feel sacking is well harsh. Should be hauled over the coals and made to grovel but it's a man's lively hood at a young age.

Bobby Madley: Former Premier League referee reveals he was sacked after filming video appearing to mock disabled person

eastwoodsdustman

Its really harsh on him. I'dhave thought a well publlicised awareness course would have been their usual course of action.
Just goes to show that you have to choose your friends very wisely and be very, very careful what you send/post on social media.

Adge

Yep extremely harsh. Should rightly have been disciplined and a written warning but I feel that giving him the boot was over the top.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I don't think what he did was a sackable offense at all. It was light hearted about the disabled person.

The person he sent it to is obviously a c**t as well.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Sacking is way over the top. At worse a slap on the wrist and send him on some sort of disability awareness course.

Why this obsession with ruining people's lives over the slightest little thing? I'm sure if someone were to go through this forum or my twitter feed they could find something to pick out that doesn't look great but why would you do that?

Macca

There is an ad on the tv where a disabled lady infers that her fella enjoys a wank off her cos of her shaky hand. Doesn’t feel any different to that. Appreciate the person making the joke in that situation is disabled but surely other people with disabilities might find it offensive too

Users who are viewing this thread