Cancel culture (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4439
  • Start date

chiefdave

Labour not doing enough to kick out the odd nutter is certainly a point of concern, but let’s not kid ourselves that the main stream media isn’t far more interested in highlighting those stories than it is in exposing the storied history of Tory islamophobia (for example).
Be interesting to see what happens with the Labour antisemitism issue if the rumours swirling around at the moment are true.

Rumour doing the rounds on social media is that Starmer is planning to issue a formal apology and settle the Panorama defamation case despite being advised by party lawyers that they are likely to win in court. Alongside that there's also whisperings that the draft version of the EHRC report the party has received is far from the 'smoking gun' it was expected to be.

Add in the ongoing issue of a perceived lack of action from Starmer regarding the leaked report into the handling of antisemitism, in particular the party working against its own leader, and its not much of a stretch to see the left of the party seizing on it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Be interesting to see what happens with the Labour antisemitism issue if the rumours swirling around at the moment are true.

Rumour doing the rounds on social media is that Starmer is planning to issue a formal apology and settle the Panorama defamation case despite being advised by party lawyers that they are likely to win in court. Alongside that there's also whisperings that the draft version of the EHRC report the party has received is far from the 'smoking gun' it was expected to be.

Add in the ongoing issue of a perceived lack of action from Starmer regarding the leaked report into the handling of antisemitism, in particular the party working against its own leader, and its not much of a stretch to see the left of the party seizing on it.

I'd be amazed if an ex-lawyer decided to issue a formal apology and settle if there's a highly likely chance they'd win the case. Why make the party look guilty and give people a stick to beat you with on historic racism when you can likely prove legally you're not?

clint van damme

I'd be amazed if an ex-lawyer decided to issue a formal apology and settle if there's a highly likely chance they'd win the case. Why make the party look guilty and give people a stick to beat you with on historic racism when you can likely prove legally you're not?

because he wants to put a clear line between him and Corbyn. I don't agree with it but that's why he'll go down that route.

chiefdave

More cancel culture from the government
Stunning coincidence that the day after the government fail to get the person they hand picked to lead the Intelligence and Security Committee and oversee the Russia report we finally get a statement in parliament about Russian interference in the 2019 election.
"The government has concluded that it is almost certain that Russian actors sought to interfere in the 2019 General Election"

skybluetony176

Stunning coincidence that the day after the government fail to get the person they hand picked to lead the Intelligence and Security Committee and oversee the Russia report we finally get a statement in parliament about Russian interference in the 2019 election.
"The government has concluded that it is almost certain that Russian actors sought to interfere in the 2019 General Election"
Being finally published next week after sitting on the PM’s desk since October.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

because he wants to put a clear line between him and Corbyn. I don't agree with it but that's why he'll go down that route.

Just seems very odd because as it'd be him making the apology it'd be inextricably linked in many peoples mind to him. He'd effectively be getting some people to link him to anti-semitism unnecessarily.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Part of me is pleased that at least it's n ot a whitewash and just 'nothing to see here' but at the same time you've got to ask why was this sat on for so long. Anyone bothered about democratic process would want this known.

I very much doubt it implicates any of our politicians as it's outside interference and there would be links to both sides of the house in terms of friendships/busines relationships etc.

djr8369

Part of me is pleased that at least it's n ot a whitewash and just 'nothing to see here' but at the same time you've got to ask why was this sat on for so long. Anyone bothered about democratic process would want this known.

I very much doubt it implicates any of our politicians as it's outside interference and there would be links to both sides of the house in terms of friendships/busines relationships etc.

I’d imagine it will be the usual. Awkward but not a smoking gun and they’ll talk their way out of most of the criticism. They were probably just saving it as a dead cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I’d imagine it will be the usual. Awkward but not a smoking gun and they’ll talk their way out of most of the criticism. They were probably just saving it as a dead cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's already been a report, I think it was by the digital culture and media department or whatever it's called. Th at was quite damning.
Bit interesting to see if this one differs.

chiefdave

Being finally published next week after sitting on the PM’s desk since October.
Or maybe not. Can't imagine why Arron Banks would be taking legal action to block its publication. I mean he's always denied any links to Russia so surely he has nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread