Can you forgive SISU (1 Viewer)

kingharvest

This may have been asked before. But here me out. If SISU got half the ground, which seems likely now, hang around, maybe attract investment (much easier with the ground than without) and start putting money back into the club to strengthen the team, could you forgive them?

We've all had talk before and they've never delivered, so its understandable that we all disregard most of their 'promises'.

But lets just say that this time its true - they start to turn things around, and the outlook for the club, long-term, is brighter.

Can you forgive?

smileycov

Facebook User
Over time of course, but even if they did that....i will always look at them with caution.

We all just want a club that can compete, they have taken that away time and time again. So if they start to put money in and we can compete agin i am happy. I just can not see it ever happening though.

ccfcjohn

there needs to be a lot of other changes as well to gain the fans trust and support. there communication and openness would have to improve drastically, and a long term plan of action and commitment would need to be clear for all to see.

i keep saying this but i am no liker of SISU, but accept they are the only hope we have got, they have kept us going for the last few years, and it has to be in their best interests to turn things around and put the football club in a much better position.

if things start to change and the fans can see improvements, investment, and generally more support for the footballing side of things from SISU, then i think the majority will all come round eventually

Sky Blue Sheepy

Yes, simple as. My concern is that we're not their.priority - their investors are. But if they maybe see that making us succesful is the best way, then they might do us some good

Otis

What I don't like is this stance of "we're now all in it together" from the owners.

I can only think of last season as akin to the following:

You are a tenant and Sisu are your landlord. Last year despite urgent repairs needing doing, the landlord not only fails to carry out any of these repairs but in fact little by little systematically tears down the property.

After he's finished and the year is passed he then comes to you to ask if you would help in rebuilding the property. All for giving AT a fresh start and the players yet another chance to prove themselves (David Bell included), but I am a long, long, long way off ever trusting these owners again.

It was their actions that relegated us. They sat back and allowed it to happen and yet now want us completely on their side. Hmmm ....... actions speak much louder than words and boy do they bloody need to act to get many of us into anything like a position of trusting them.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I'd love to be able to say yes, but at best it's going to take some time.

I was supportive of them at first. I've no problem with the fact that they bought us to make money. I had expectations of us being run in a much more professional way, good communication with their customers (sometimes known as fans) etc etc. and the football side benefiting as a result.

Sadly, over the last 18 months they have been inept in the way they have managed the business. Their communication would have to improve massively to get anywhere near inept.

You can only judge them on their actions and on that basis it's going to need an awful lot of positive actions to start to win people over.

skybluealan

They are still a hedge company and are only interested in looking after there investors. If they get their hands on the stadium, it will be sold on or something else. The answer to your question is no, I will never trust SISU. If they stay, they will be the end of CCFC as we know it.

Paxman II

I don't buy into it being entirely SISU's fault we got relegated OTIS?
There are far too many culpable reasons why we went down.
Performances on the pitch should and could have been better on many occasions based on what we had and yet they were not.
Your statement suggest that had SISU invested more cash for an extra player or two the we would surely have survived?
I doubt it would have made any difference. I think SISU new that. Decisions have to be made and if anything that's what they are guilty of. On many occasions they made the wrong ones but in the latter stages of their tenure last season they were making the right ones based on all the probables that were before them. They were in desperate straights and needed to get the finances in order. If they had not then in all likelihood they would not be at the table now with current discussions and we would no longer be a football club.

Otis

Twas Sisu's fault we got relegated. Until 3 weeks or so before the end of the season we were actually out of the bottom 3. That tells you we weren't that far away from survival. At the end we simply tailed away because we were completely down to the bare bones with players out injured and those left playing, playing with injuries.

I am not saying a couple of players in and we would surely have survived, I'm saying a couple of players or so in and we would have had a fighting chance of survival. We sold the only player who was scoring goals and brought in a player who was nowhere near match fitness for many a month.

Other factors for sure, but if you were to put a percentage on it as to how much it was Sisu's fault you would be well up in the 80's +.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Twas Sisu's fault we got relegated. Until 3 weeks or so before the end of the season we were actually out of the bottom 3. That tells you we weren't that far away from survival. At the end we simply tailed away because we were completely down to the bare bones with players out injured and those left playing, playing with injuries.

I am not saying a couple of players in and we would surely have survived, I'm saying a couple of players or so in and we would have had a fighting chance of survival. We sold the only player who was scoring goals and brought in a player who was nowhere near match fitness for many a month.

Other factors for sure, but if you were to put a percentage on it as to how much it was Sisu's fault you would be well up in the 80's +.

Couldn't agree more.

Putting all else to one side, I've never been able to understand the (supposed) logic of not investing say £80k - £90k to get a reasonably experienced striker in on loan for the last three months of the season, when £4m p.a. of Championship revenue was at stake.

wingy

According to the telegraph survey60% hold sisu entirely responsible ,if memory serves 17% players,about same a combination of Sisu /Thorn/Players
and the rest Thorn alone ,memory fuzzy the last two could be reversed:D:facepalm:

Paxman II

It's all well and good in hindsight Otis but you yourself at several times in the season suggested we threw away points because our manager failed in his tactics clearly. That then alone suggest with the few points gained had he been more aware as you put it .....would have meant survival?

So that assumes it's nothing to do with SISU? But that is my point. It can't simply be heaped all on SISU. It's a culpable thing by many factors.....but one can't disregard the fact had we done a little better where it was galringly obvious to many on here at the time (including you) we would still be in the Championship inspite of SISU.

That's all I'm saying here. ;)

CODY!!!

Personally, Yes i can.

IF certain things are done...

• Dont sell Richard
  • Buy 2-5 DECENT players that are proven in League One
  • Buy half the ground
  • Buy a "15+ goals a season" striker
then i can forgive them, but at the moment, no i cannot.

also they need to do something about the matchday stewards

Users who are viewing this thread