Can Ivor Lawton be the new Lloyd McGrath? (1 Viewer)

simonregis

Not since the time of good old Lloyd have we had a homegrown player who everyone says has 'a never say die' attitude about the club. Of course he has to play football but if he can bring a hardness to his game and give his all for the team he will be worth his weight in gold.
Lloyd is a really nice guy and still works locally in football. Reading about Ivor he strikes me of being a similar type. I think, for me, footballers of the flash, step over type are two a penny but the hard nut who takes no nonsense and no prisoners is like a diamond. One of the best players this country has produced over the past 20 years is Paul Scholes. He's not, by far, the best player but he is a workman.
COME ON Ivor follow the way of Scholes and our dear old Lloyd.

Macca

In a word no. If he has the kind of ability to be a star he will be someone else's hero within a season. Times have changed,

By the way isn't lloyd a brummie?

skybluepm2

Without meaning to shoot you down Simon, he hasn't even played a 1st team game for us yet and by reading Mowbray's interview and only offering him a 1 year deal I don't think he will feature too heavily in 15/16. There will be a reliance on Maddison to step up to the plate and I don't think that both will play at the same time too often.

But hey, I could be wrong. Mowbray thinks Burge is number 1 material whilst I would rather see Oggy back in there than have to watch another season with that pillock. Probably why he's the manager and I'm not!

Sky Blue Harry H

Without meaning to shoot you down Simon, he hasn't even played a 1st team game for us yet and by reading Mowbray's interview and only offering him a 1 year deal I don't think he will feature too heavily in 15/16. There will be a reliance on Maddison to step up to the plate and I don't think that both will play at the same time too often.

But hey, I could be wrong. Mowbray thinks Burge is number 1 material whilst I would rather see Oggy back in there than have to watch another season with that pillock. Probably why he's the manager and I'm not!

The game would have to be extended by half an hour for the trainer (a la Wimbledon) for medical time outs, and that would just be just to re-align Oggy's nose, let alone any other injuries.

simonregis

Look what happened to Callum Wilson with one good season. I do get where you are coming from and maybe my comments are touched with an air of hopefulness but we really do need a local hero

skybluepm2

Look what happened to Callum Wilson with one good season. I do get where you are coming from and maybe my comments are touched with an air of hopefulness but we really do need a local hero

There's no reason why it can't happen I suppose. In honesty I don't know too much about Lawton but have heard a lot about his desire to succeed and passion. Fingers crossed Simon!

KG7

One of the best players this country has produced over the past 20 years is Paul Scholes. He's not, by far, the best player but he is a workman.

:thinking about:Did I read that correctly?

Adge

Not since the time of good old Lloyd have we had a homegrown player who everyone says has 'a never say die' attitude about the club. Of course he has to play football but if he can bring a hardness to his game and give his all for the team he will be worth his weight in gold.
Lloyd is a really nice guy and still works locally in football. Reading about Ivor he strikes me of being a similar type. I think, for me, footballers of the flash, step over type are two a penny but the hard nut who takes no nonsense and no prisoners is like a diamond. One of the best players this country has produced over the past 20 years is Paul Scholes. He's not, by far, the best player but he is a workman.

No he can't! For a start Lawton is white and Mcgrath is black!

stupot07

One of the best players this country has produced over the past 20 years is Paul Scholes. He's not, by far, the best player but he is a workman.

Did I really just read that? :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread