Camwell (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I want Haynes to succeed but he's not really progressing, at times looks good going forward but always feels a bit of a liability. At what point does Robins try to bed in Camwell? Probably not this season now as we're naive enough already but he surely must be competing with Stokes next season (if Stokes is still here).

junglej13

Stokes should play every game until the end of the season. I can't stand Haynes. Hes clearly got ability but honestly looks like he doesn't enjoy football. He looks like his ideal game would be for the 90mins to pass with him being involved as little as possible.

stupot07

Camwell clearly hasn't developed this season as much as Robins had hoped, I think he had an injury, but I'm sure there were times this season he wasnt even a regular starter in the u23s. Stokes legs seem to have gone, and I would rather sign a more experienced left back in the summer than rely on a 19 year old. If he's good enough he will force his way in like Shipley And bayliss have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I would most certainly consider Shipley at left back at the moment, though he is not strong in the tackle.

Reactions: SAJ

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

It’s the incessant basic mistakes that are so infuriating with Haynes. Doesn’t feel to me like he’s learning from his errors because they keep happening. A shame because I agree he definitely has ability and is what I would describe as an aesthetically pleasing footballer, especially going forward – has a lovely left foot and does glide past players on occasions.

Think we probably need to be looking at a new left back in the summer, if not 2.

skybluepm2

Last night he was utterly diabolical. If he wasn’t issuing bizarre hospital passes, he would merely lose possession within a 5 yard attempt. Let’s put to bed the myth that he is quick, can beat a man or can put in a good cross. I’ve seen nothing all season to suggest that he should be playing anywhere above Sunday league level. Stokes should be in until the end of the season, he would shore us up defensively. You only have to look back to when he was involved and see the number of clean sheets we racked up coincided with his presence.

If Haynes and Burge are here next season, I want a refund on my season ticket. Joking aside, others have been culpable of late (namely Grimmer and Rod) but these pair of clowns are consistently shit. Enough is enough.

Tommo72

Stokes is a far better ‘defender’ and given the nature of the last two games he should start. Stokes is better for me when he doesn’t try and be overly ambitious.

Nick

Administrator
The only worry for me with Stokes is pace. Cheltenham had some pretty quick wide players who might run him ragged.

Otis

The only worry for me with Stokes is pace. Cheltenham had some pretty quick wide players who might run him ragged.
Same with Eisa.

Davies should have played last night and Rod is more suited to the Eisa type player.

I've been to a few U23's games the second half of this season and he's been a consistent performer. Did pick up an ankle injury around January time, I think, and was out for a couple of weeks. Not sure whether Cheltenham would be a good game to give him a run out. I'd play Stokes and if playoffs are secured this weekend then might be worth considering Camwell for the Morecambe game.

Adge

Has Haynes got an assist this season?
I said this in another thread. Think he had a hand in the first v Luton last month at the Ricoh. Can’t remember another.

Cranfield Sky Blue

Camwell clearly hasn't developed this season as much as Robins had hoped, I think he had an injury, but I'm sure there were times this season he wasnt even a regular starter in the u23s. Stokes legs seem to have gone, and I would rather sign a more experienced left back in the summer than rely on a 19 year old. If he's good enough he will force his way in like Shipley And bayliss have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I do wonder if Bayliss and Shipley would have forced their way in if Jones and Andreu had been fit?

SAJ

Agree with Otis giving Shipley the left back position. He played there against Shrewsbury at the beginning of the season. Arguably he was our best player on the night.

CCFC54321

Haynes and McDonald will be out Saturday with stokes and Davies in. Wouldn’t surprise me if burge is out as well. Burge after another error last night may have just finished his CCFC career under Robins.

Terry Gibson's perm

Haynes and McDonald will be out Saturday with stokes and Davies in. Wouldn’t surprise me if burge is out as well. Burge after another error last night may have just finished his CCFC career under Robins.

Sunderland please sign Burge

Users who are viewing this thread