Callum Wilson Where to next (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

We need to Wilson money ASAP to fund us this season with no fans in the stadium for a while and being at St Andrews. I doubt any of it will be available for the transfer kitty. Also they won’t get £30m for him now. Think it will be between £15-20m in the end.

Alkhen

We need to Wilson money ASAP to fund us this season with no fans in the stadium for a while and being at St Andrews. I doubt any of it will be available for the transfer kitty. Also they won’t get £30m for him now. Think it will be between £15-20m in the end.

Based on nothing I recon 18m + a load of add ons

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

2bh our wage bill is low enough to be covered by tv money alone

Bugsy

If Ramsdale is going for 18.5m and Ake went for 41, in my opinion Wilson will go for 30 easy...PUSB

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But we need to be prepared that there might be no fans in the stadium this season.
That’s is true. But I’m sure our expenditure to 3rd parties is actually less than Tv and sponsorship money. Hence the lack of money spent on transfers

Don’t get me wrong, it’s going to hurt with no fans, but I’d imagine were covered for this season just about

Sky Blue Harry H

If Ramsdale is going for 18.5m and Ake went for 41, in my opinion Wilson will go for 30 easy...PUSB
It's his alleged wages that may keep the price down, but obviously I hope they get close to £30m.

Magwitch

Sounds to me Bournemouth want £30million minimum which I suppose will cover contract obligations and us. Be I nice little pick up between three and four million even nicer if a good chunk of that was added to MRs budget.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Problem he has is that he’s made of glass. Always got a niggly injury that sets him back

Since his two big knee injuries he's played most games, and a fair few of those he's missed has been managerial tactics changes. Most players have little niggly injuries they pick up over the course of the season they play through with and sort them out post-season.

cc84cov

Sounds to me Bournemouth want £30million minimum which I suppose will cover contract obligations and us. Be I nice little pick up between three and four million even nicer if a good chunk of that was added to MRs budget.
Or to balance the books

KenilworthSkyBlue

Or to balance the books

To be fair whilst their wage bill will inevitably be high, I doubt Bournemouth's ability to balance the books will be dependent on them receiving a significant fee for Wilson. I think they're just trying to gain a maximum return from his sale.

They've just received £40mil for Ake, are about to receive nearly £20mil for Ramsdale and I'm sure clubs are already preparing bids for Lerma, Brooks and King. Also, Fraser, Surman and Francis are already off their books.

This is even before you even consider the amount they're set to earn from parachute payments. The season before last I think Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Fulham each received around £40mil in parachute payments to cushion the blow of relegation. I presume Bournemouth will inevitably receive a similar figure.

cc84cov

To be fair whilst their wage bill will inevitably be high, I doubt Bournemouth's ability to balance the books will be dependent on them receiving a significant fee for Wilson. I think they're just trying to gain a maximum return from his sale.

They've just received £40mil for Ake, are about to receive nearly £20mil for Ramsdale and I'm sure clubs are already preparing bids for Lerma, Brooks and King. Also, Fraser, Surman and Francis are already off their books.

This is even before you even consider the amount they're set to earn from parachute payments. The season before last I think Huddersfield, Cardiff, and Fulham each received around £40mil in parachute payments to cushion the blow of relegation. I presume Bournemouth will inevitably receive a similar figure.
Balance our books I mean pal as he said the money will go to robins pot

Mucca Mad Boys

Bourneouth have a massive hole to fill. Just in transfer fees, they have ~£80m owed time other clubs and around ~£5m owed to them. Whilst they have the parachute payments, they’re missing out on golden hen that is Premiership TV money. That’s pretty huge for them and they need to manage their finances or else they could be the next Bolton.

They were also looking at building a new stadium too, iirc.

Without knowing the precise numbers for the other clubs you quoted, but I’d guess its

KenilworthSkyBlue

Balance our books I mean pal as he said the money will go to robins pot

Oh apologies I misread. Yeah, I think it's going to be a rough period for a number of clubs, so in many ways we're quite fortunate that after years of wishing Wilson is sold in the hope that Robins' transfer kitty will be supplemented, it's this summer that he's likely to go. The extra cash will certainly give us some breathing room and at least in part help to cover the losses caused by reduced crowds or no crowds at all.

Last edited:

Colin Steins Smile

I appreciate that the timing of any Wilson sale is a few years later than anticipated, but despite the fact our cut of any fee will be lower, I feel the timing is really good.
Imagine if a cut of those funds had been available to Slade rather than MR......what a waste that would have been.
Even off none of the potential funds are used on transfers, it'll ensure that even if none of us are able to attend games the club will be sustainable this season.
Numerous other clubs in the Championship with much higher costs could be in big trouble this season. CCFC with a lower cost base and potential windfall is in a better place. All we need now is a stadium.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Bourneouth have a massive hole to fill. Just in transfer fees, they have ~£80m owed time other clubs and around ~£5m owed to them. Whilst they have the parachute payments, they’re missing out on golden hen that is Premiership TV money. That’s pretty huge for them and they need to manage their finances or else they could be the next Bolton.

They were also looking at building a new stadium too, iirc.

Without knowing the precise numbers for the other clubs you quoted, but I’d guess its

Yeah you're right I probably should've said, I doubt Bournemouth's ability to balance the books 'in the immediate term' will be dependent on them receiving a significant fee for Wilson. After that it's a different story entirely and managing their finances appropriately will have to be prioritised. Unfortunately like with probably all of the mid-table and below clubs in the top flight, Bournemouth's financial health was very much aligned to their Premier League status.

I think around £32mil of the £80mil you mentioned is owed this year. So, that should be covered quite comfortably from transfer fees received from Brooks, Lerma, Wilson, King, Ramsdale and Ake. But even with these fees set to come in though, the remaining £58mil owed solely on outstanding transfers is still a staggering amount of debt for a club of Bournemouth's size. Especially when coupled with the significant losses incurred from the drop in commercial and TV revenue as a result of relegation to the Championship.

SBAndy

Yeah you're right I probably should've said, I doubt Bournemouth's ability to balance the books 'in the immediate term' will be dependent on them receiving a significant fee for Wilson. After that it's a different story entirely and managing their finances appropriately will have to be prioritised. Unfortunately like with probably all of the mid-table and below clubs in the top flight, Bournemouth's financial health was very much aligned to their Premier League status.

I think around £32mil of the £80mil you mentioned is owed this year. So, that should be covered quite comfortably from transfer fees received from Brooks, Lerma, Wilson, King, Ramsdale and Ake. But even with these fees set to come in though, the remaining £58mil owed solely on outstanding transfers is still a staggering amount of debt for a club of Bournemouth's size. Especially when coupled with the significant losses incurred from the drop in commercial and TV revenue as a result of relegation to the Championship.

I seem to recall Bournemouth were factoring their transfer fees as well so it may be even more precarious than thought, what with interest and fees owing on top.

Users who are viewing this thread