Callum Wilson - I had to leave to progress my career (1 Viewer)

Steve Carpo

“It was a massive decision to leave Coventry because when I was growing up as a kid when we played at Highfield Road all I wanted to do was play there.
“It was hard for me because everything I’d known was all in Coventry and everything I knew was there, so the thought of moving away was a bit crazy.

“I thought ‘I’m going to have to become a man’, moving away with my family to a new area and setting up a new life there.

“It was tough because I would have always liked to have played for Coventry in the higher divisions. When the club were in the Championship it would have been great to have been playing then.

“But when you’re playing in League One, ultimately you want to keep progressing and the only way for me to do that was to leave unfortunately.

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/sport...g-sky-blues-tough-decision-i-progress-career/

Nick

Administrator
Can't really blame him for leaving on a personal level, it makes sense to step it up and if somebody is offering much more money when you have a young family you have to take it.

letsallsingtogether

Yes he really had no choice. Maybe just maybe will play in the Prem for us☺

Sick Boy

It's nice to see one of our most successful homegrown players actually saying positive things about our club, let's hope he is one day pulling on the sky blue shirt once again.

rupert_bear

Of course another reason he had to leave was to help our owners out of the farcical Northampton venture like manna from heaven for Fisher and friend

lordsummerisle

Of course another reason he had to leave was to help our owners out of the farcical Northampton venture like manna from heaven for Fisher and friend

Possibly he may not have got the opportunity to play for us if not in such a shit situation in the first place though.

Users who are viewing this thread