Video Callum O'Hare scores a BRACE as Coventry City beat Birmingham 🤩| City Unseen 📺 | Birmingham City (H) (1 Viewer)

Greggs

I'm not afraid to admit it, but I would go gay for O'Hare - if I had the chance. Its not just his good lucks, he makes me tingle when he speaks. Please fucking stay, I can't deal with another heartbreak. We've got O'Hare.

Evo1883

Think this puts to bed the players are not likeable argument.. loads of new faces now coming together to make a new special group .. Next year for these boys I keep saying it

Greggs

Have watched this a few times now! Cal and Van Erik deffo doing a 'coffee and a smoke' celebration. Fucking love the Dutch, crazy bastards.
What do you reckon @shmmeee

Happy_Martian

Interesting juxtaposition of Wright in training as well. No pressure, doesn't need to look up and still places his shots away from the keeper into the corners of the net. During the game, shoots straight at the keeper. Definitely psychological issue. Panic or stress of not scoring, pressure of needing to be the goalscorer as Simms is also struggling. I don't know but it's really starting to show through. Think I saw him stay on the ground clenching his fists in frustration after his last shot of the game was a bust. It was more obvious as another Cov player went over to him to lift him up.

And CoH, what a comeback. Noone has ever doubted his ability but his goalscoring or lackthereof stood out from his stats. Hopefully he's shown with these last few games that he's improved on that area of his overall game.

shmmeee

Interesting juxtaposition of Wright in training as well. No pressure, doesn't need to look up and still places his shots away from the keeper into the corners of the net. During the game, shoots straight at the keeper. Definitely psychological issue. Panic or stress of not scoring, pressure of needing to be the goalscorer as Simms is also struggling. I don't know but it's really starting to show through. Think I saw him stay on the ground clenching his fists in frustration after his last shot of the game was a bust. It was more obvious as another Cov player went over to him to lift him up.

And CoH, what a comeback. Noone has ever doubted his ability but his goalscoring or lackthereof stood out from his stats. Hopefully he's shown with these last few games that he's improved on that area of his overall game.

He’s striking a ball so much cleaner than he ever was before.

RegiswasGod

A comment towards the end to the camera from Thomas.... "he's getting fined so much". I wonder who he was on about there?

Calista

Interesting juxtaposition of Wright in training as well. No pressure, doesn't need to look up and still places his shots away from the keeper into the corners of the net. During the game, shoots straight at the keeper. Definitely psychological issue.
I really don't think you can draw that conclusion. The guy is a very good player and can shoot, but in match situations he's been thwated multiple times by excellent goalkeepers narrowing the angle and making (sometimes lucky) blocks. You can't compare it with training exercises.

ccfc922

Cos he’s a badman innit🤣

incomparablyme GIF

Happy_Martian

A comment towards the end to the camera from Thomas.... "he's getting fined so much". I wonder who he was on about there?

Maybe my hearing but thought he said something like "<muffled> them fans so much". Can't hear whether he was commenting on CoH or Milan celebrating with Singers Corner but it was definitely a positive comment. Personally took it as a general "Love them fans so much :love:" comment. And the players seem to enjoy playing for the club and for our fans, they always seem to come off the pitch with smiles, regardless of result.

I really don't think you can draw that conclusion. The guy is a very good player and can shoot, but in match situations he's been thwated multiple times by excellent goalkeepers narrowing the angle and making (sometimes lucky) blocks. You can't compare it with training exercises.

Fair comment. I don't doubt he's got quality and have been a vocal advocate for him since the start of the season. I was drawing my comparison from his shot placement and it's been apparent in a few games. He knows where the goal is as I mentioned from watching the training footage. He doesn't have to look to hit the corners of the goal. But in a game with an actual result on the line, he consistently hits it centrally, giving the keeper more chance to save it. Case in point: Ruddy didn't have stretch to tip a shot around the corner or have to make any worldies to stop him last night, he just had to fall on the ball. And it's a continuing pattern. Look back at the highlights of the last 5 games and very few attempts are top corner or to the post. They all seem to be low and central, apart from those that miss the goal entirely. He hits it sidefooted the majority of the time and rarely hits through the laces or tries to chip the advancing keeper. You may be right about keepers getting their angles right but unless he varies his shot type, keepers will pick up on this habit and make his job harder.

We can disagree (and I feel we will) on this. Just my opinion and observation.

I want him to succeed and I'm sure he will. If he gets a run going, he will get a lot for us.

Greggs

CoH and MvE celebrating by rolling and smoking a joint would be my guess.
Sticking with the Dutch theme, next celebration is Milan handing Cal an imaginary tenner then bending him over.

AJB1983

Maybe my hearing but thought he said something like "<muffled> them fans so much". Can't hear whether he was commenting on CoH or Milan celebrating with Singers Corner but it was definitely a positive comment. Personally took it as a general "Love them fans so much :love:" comment. And the players seem to enjoy playing for the club and for our fans, they always seem to come off the pitch with smiles, regardless of result.

Fair comment. I don't doubt he's got quality and have been a vocal advocate for him since the start of the season. I was drawing my comparison from his shot placement and it's been apparent in a few games. He knows where the goal is as I mentioned from watching the training footage. He doesn't have to look to hit the corners of the goal. But in a game with an actual result on the line, he consistently hits it centrally, giving the keeper more chance to save it. Case in point: Ruddy didn't have stretch to tip a shot around the corner or have to make any worldies to stop him last night, he just had to fall on the ball. And it's a continuing pattern. Look back at the highlights of the last 5 games and very few attempts are top corner or to the post. They all seem to be low and central, apart from those that miss the goal entirely. He hits it sidefooted the majority of the time and rarely hits through the laces or tries to chip the advancing keeper. You may be right about keepers getting their angles right but unless he varies his shot type, keepers will pick up on this habit and make his job harder.

We can disagree (and I feel we will) on this. Just my opinion and observation.

I want him to succeed and I'm sure he will. If he gets a run going, he will get a lot for us.
The one that got the keeper full in the face was heading top corner/roof of net.

Users who are viewing this thread