Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Viila stay up or go down...that is the question.

I don’t think he’d get into the team even if they went down. They prefer to buy in as they want to go straight back up, I can only think of Grealish in the last 10 years and he’s truly exceptional

better days

If they have offered him a contract there will have to be a fee paid if he moves to another club
Usually clubs agree but if not it goes to a tribunal
I doubt they would let him go cheaply

Alkhen

Yeah, just trying not to get my hopes up! You don't often see loan players sign for the club they were playing for.
yeah but thats usually because the parent club the season after is a league or two above still. More than likely we will be in the same division next year.

I think this recent trend of British youngsters quitting reserve football for Europe and getting game time has seen a bit of a change in mentality. no longer happy picking up the odd cup match at a prem club its better to back your talent and get minutes at a good level elsewhere. if you are good enough the rest will fall into place

Liquid Gold

Would still cost a decent amount I suspect. Because they've offered a contract compensation would be due.
Yeah I get that but if we don't agree terms with Villa it goes to tribunal, if O'Hare wants to come here he just doesn't accept a contract elsewhere, Villa's desires don't really factor much into it, the power is all in the player's hands.

chiefdave

Do you think we’ll be able to get him?
Unless a Prem club is in for him I'd say we've got a good a chance as anyone. Wouldn't have to move across the country, playing for a manager he knows and knows has faith in him, excellent chance of being a first team regular.

Malaka

I really don't think he would choose us over Villa. Sorry to piss on people's chips, we are a stepping stone for any decent player to go on to bigger things. He has proved himself and will do well for himself. Good luck to the lad, I hope you are ripping into me in a few weeks for being wrong.

Liquid Gold

I really don't think he would choose us over Villa. Sorry to piss on people's chips, we are a stepping stone for any decent player to go on to bigger things. He has proved himself and will do well for himself. Good luck to the lad, I hope you are ripping into me in a few weeks for being wrong.
He’s already rejected Villa

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Footballers like to play football every week, so is it sit on the bench at Villa or play every week at Cov when they COULD both be playing in the Championship next season and then he could get his BIG money move at Cov.

stay_up_skyblues

He hasn’t rejected Villa outright has he, just the offer(s) so far. Which could well be a tactic for better money rather than a guaranteed starting place.

Would be a fantastic signing and he clearly likes it here but Villa could easily outbid us contract wise and not even miss it.

I won’t believe it until he posts some sky blue hearts on social media anyway.

chiefdave

He hasn’t rejected Villa outright has he, just the offer(s) so far. Which could well be a tactic for better money rather than a guaranteed starting place.
According to the Birmingham Mail, although not sure that's anymore reliable than the Telegraph, even if they get relegated and Grelish goes he's not next in line. How many times will Villa go back with increased offers to a non-first team player?

Magwitch

Villa want him on contract to cash in on him later, tribunal fees aren’t that high. O’Hare needs to play not bench warm, from what I’ve seen of him he has every chance of high rewards but needs to play.
Also been murmurings re Dean Smith’s position not that solid

SlowerThanPlatt

Villa want him on contract to cash in on him later, tribunal fees aren’t that high. O’Hare needs to play not bench warm, from what I’ve seen of him he has every chance of high rewards but needs to play.
Also been murmurings re Dean Smith’s position not that solid

Yep that’s right, Premier League are just keeping young players on contracts who will never play for their first team but if they have a good loan somewhere will get a million or two. Chelsea are the masters of it, Dabo and Wakefield were professionals there but were never going to be at the level required. Sambou at Everton too they offered him another 2 years despite not playing in the first team

ccfcway

What value would u put on him 500k?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hes out of contract so his value is £0. With several years on a contract he would be at least the same, if not a lot higher than McCallum

SlowerThanPlatt

What value would u put on him 500k?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The value is set by a tribunal if the two clubs cannot agree a fee

The terms of the new contracts offered to the player by each club are considered, then the player’s playing record is looked at, in terms of first-team appearances and international call-ups. Finally, interest shown by any other clubs is taken into account.

ccfcway

birmingham press reporting...

"When Villa aren't providing roadmaps for academy graduates, they are letting talent flow through their fingers without reaping any kind of reward. If O'Hare leaves, it will be for nothing."

SlowerThanPlatt

birmingham press reporting...

"When Villa aren't providing roadmaps for academy graduates, they are letting talent flow through their fingers without reaping any kind of reward. If O'Hare leaves, it will be for nothing."
They don’t literally mean nothing. My understanding is that they have offered him a contract which he has declined, he is under the age of 24 so they will receive something for him. He would only be able to leave for nothing if they didn’t make an attempt to extend his contract

Marty

He's a player I rate but he's not top end championship level, hes better off moving on and finding a low level championship or top end league one team.

Same with Walsh, very good player, better then O'Hare imo, buy realistically another player who needs to move on to develop further, no good sitting on the bench.

Would love to keep both but I don't think that's realistic.

Paxman II

He's a player I rate but he's not top end championship level, hes better off moving on and finding a low level championship or top end league one team.

Same with Walsh, very good player, better then O'Hare imo, buy realistically another player who needs to move on to develop further, no good sitting on the bench.

Would love to keep both but I don't think that's realistic.

Think you are underestimating O'Hare. A very good player while with us and a good reason we are top of the league, he is a class above in league 1 and certainly a good championship player who will keep developing. As good as Grealish? No not yet but will be. Surpised Villa are not keeping him. He can leave on a tribunal fee. If it's a choice of playing at Villa in the championship or Coventry I think he would choose us. He is more likely to get more opportunity with us, and therefore develop more. He would likely play for Villa for half a season, but with us and our style of play the whole season. But a much better money offer from Villa than we could match and he stay and warm the bench half a season. It may well come down to what Robins says to him regarding him being one of the first names on the team sheet for us.

kg82

Think you are underestimating O'Hare. A very good player while with us and a good reason we are top of the league, he is a class above in league 1 and certainly a good championship player who will keep developing. As good as Grealish? No not yet but will be. Surpised Villa are not keeping him. He can leave on a tribunal fee. If it's a choice of playing at Villa in the championship or Coventry I think he would choose us. He is more likely to get more opportunity with us, and therefore develop more. He would likely play for Villa for half a season, but with us and our style of play the whole season. But a much better money offer from Villa than we could match and he stay and warm the bench half a season. It may well come down to what Robins says to him regarding him being one of the first names on the team sheet for us.
You think he’ll be as good as Grealish? Look, I like O’Hare, but there’s no way he’ll be as good as Grealish.

skyblue1991

All depends if Villa go down or not.

Either way I think Grealish will be gone so will need replacing. But Ohare will only stay with Villa if they are in the Championship.

If Villa stay up then I think we have a good chance. As others have said above, we have proven we give players a chance (Wilson, Maddison). Would be nice if we progressed further with them though!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread