Calling the ticket office (1 Viewer)

oucho

Called the club and rang option 1 for the ticket office. On hold for 10 mins. Got bored and rang again, this time press 7 for general enquiries. Disconnected immediately. Tried again, same result.

Rang the club shop - was told that there's only one person in the ticket office today and she's busy serving customers at the counter and can't answer the phone....

Do we really aspire to be a Premier league club one day?? To have a ticket line where it's perfectly normal that nobody is expected to pick up the phone....it's not like I was ringing up my local and it's their busy hour....so bloody unprofessional!!

Sort it out CA!! I know changes are afoot, but they really can't come fast enough.

And yes I do remember the day when this was contracted out to a call centre and that had loads of problems too .. but just so irritating!!!!!!

Nick

Administrator
Not sure why they can't outsource that to a call answering service who can have access to the ticketing system. Maybe they can when it's sorted!

Terry Gibson's perm

Not sure why they can't outsource that to a call answering service who can have access to the ticketing system. Maybe they can when it's sorted!

Ask italia he will speak to wasps as they will help :claping hands:

oucho

They used to do that. We had an outsourced call centre in London I think. Remember being told by some clueless lad that I could get tickets in the south stand for a home game, asked him how that squared with his knowledge of the Ricoh...he said he'd never been and was a Man U fan!

I did used to have the call centre people doing unsolicited customer care calls for a while, being all matey. Annoying but at least you could speak with them.

Some reason I have no idea, the ticketing has always been a problem at this club.

italiahorse

Terry Gibson's perm

CA has already asked.

"I know we are about to batter you to court but could we use your ticketing system"

Here's hoping they do:D

batter them not use their ticketing system but at this stage is their fight not with the council and Jr2020 is against your insect friends?

fernandopartridge

I know, but if things go tits up for CCC. it could be a massive negative effect on their Leasehold couldn't it?

I don't think so. The thing is, Wasps moved quickly to repay the loan from CCC to ACL, so that remedy (to repay the state aid) isn't available to the court.

It's funny how it is taking so long to get a decision, I have an inkling that SISU may win their appeal and at the minute discussion is going on in the background as to how it could be settled, might be (and probably are) completely wrong though.

chiefdave

If the JR...'s go in favour of SISU doesn't that make all "Bets" null and void?

Think if that happens the next round of legal action would be SISU going after compensation. With the Ricoh now out of the picture they could go all out and attempt to get the cost of a new stadium. Long way to go before we get to that stage though.

fernandopartridge

If the JR...'s go in favour of SISU doesn't that make all "Bets" null and void?

No, it just means the council are shown to have done something wrong. The remedy would ordinarily be that whoever received the state aid will pay that back. There is a potential for compensation for lost earnings for SISU if it can be demonstrated that the council's decisions exclusively led to loss of earnings, I am not sure it will.

Skyblueweeman

Called the club and rang option 1 for the ticket office. On hold for 10 mins. Got bored and rang again, this time press 7 for general enquiries. Disconnected immediately. Tried again, same result.

Rang the club shop - was told that there's only one person in the ticket office today and she's busy serving customers at the counter and can't answer the phone....

Do we really aspire to be a Premier league club one day?? To have a ticket line where it's perfectly normal that nobody is expected to pick up the phone....it's not like I was ringing up my local and it's their busy hour....so bloody unprofessional!!

Sort it out CA!! I know changes are afoot, but they really can't come fast enough.

And yes I do remember the day when this was contracted out to a call centre and that had loads of problems too .. but just so irritating!!!!!!

I don't get why people bother with the ticket office as it's been mentioned on here a gazillion times that it needs work. The amount of time you spent typing out your post, you could've purchased tickets online.

I've purchased tickets online every time I come to a Cov game and they're always delivered 2-3 days later. No issues.

italiahorse

I don't get why people bother with the ticket office as it's been mentioned on here a gazillion times that it needs work. The amount of time you spent typing out your post, you could've purchased tickets online.

I've purchased tickets online every time I come to a Cov game and they're always delivered 2-3 days later. No issues.

Most people are okay but I do know that several groups including disabled can't do that.

SkyBlueSid

It's not an option with the match packages either. If they sort it out so that we can book tickets from our package online then we will have them again next season. If not, we won't be bothering. Our only options are to buy at the ticket office in advance or get some random seats on the day. No good when you live 25 miles away.

Skyblueweeman

It's not an option with the match packages either. If they sort it out so that we can book tickets from our package online then we will have them again next season. If not, we won't be bothering. Our only options are to buy at the ticket office in advance or get some random seats on the day. No good when you live 25 miles away.

I live 100 miles away and it works for me but if it's not great for some groups, fair dos.

covcity4life

you can email them and they will put tickets reserved to be picked up on matchday. you give vouchers upon reciept

oucho

All true, don't HAVE to...but it should bloody work!

Grendel

It should work but how many tickets are purchased in a ticket office for the biggest crowd that is at the Ricoh this year?

chiefdave

If they haven't got the capacity to answer the calls they should remove that option. Anything that can be done online should be online only or pay on the day.

Free the phone line up for things that can't be done online.

jas365

Exactly right - yes a lot of people prefer to buy online, but if you want to pick up the phone and buy a ticket you should be able to easily. The hassle you have to go through to buy a ticket over the phone is laughable, and I can't believe it hasn't been sorted. Well actually no, sadly I can believe it.

SkyBlueSid

you can email them and they will put tickets reserved to be picked up on matchday. you give vouchers upon reciept
We asked about how we could get the tickets when we bought the packages. I wonder why nobody has ever mentioned that. They said that we would have to go to the ticket office if we didn't want random tickets on the day.

The problem is that the whole ticket sales system is a joke. )I was going to say Mickey Mouse but I suspect that is unfair on Disney.) Nobody seems to take responsibility for it and we are a laughing stock for our efforts in this area. Anyway, I'm not sure I would trust them to get anything right via email as nobody seems to care. We won't be having the packages next season, I'm sorry to say.

chiefdave

Nobody seems to take responsibility for it and we are a laughing stock for our efforts in this area.

SCG Minutes 24 March said:
CA stated that ticketing has been an ongoing saga since he joined the club. Even though the vast majority of supporters have no problems purchasing tickets, there have been a significant number of complaints and the club is working hard to eradicate the problems. A more comprehensive solution has been explored to put us on a much better footing to fulfil orders and provide a ticketing platform that can rival the best in the country. More details on this to follow.

A natural way to switch to a new system is to coincide with season-ticket sales – the database can be moved over when being updated. It is hoped this will be coming online with the sale of early bird season tickets.

ccfctommy

They need too. When you go the Butts there are two ladys serving. When people are being served, phones don't get answered...

oucho

It should work but how many tickets are purchased in a ticket office for the biggest crowd that is at the Ricoh this year?

The latter part of the sentence is irrelevant. Either there is working ticketline where you can ring up a human, or it's not available. None of this "she was serving a customer", I'm not calling up the village post office, we're supposed to be a serious club.

Club shop told me that there was only the one lady in the ticket office all day. Apart from anything else, is it even right to do that? Personal safety / security etc...

singers_pore

It's pretty pathetic that we can't buy tickets online using an iphone or ipad. This is the 21st century for goodness sake. In addition, some people don't have computers at home (e.g., old folks). There ought to be some ticket machines at the Ricoh just as there are for cinema tickets. The technology is there and it's probably cheaper than manning the phones or staffing the ticket office.

FFS Andersen get off your lazy fat @rse and do something productive.

Gazolba

Just ring up the manager of a club that is doing it right and ask them how they are doing it. Then copy them.

Users who are viewing this thread