calling all fans. (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

I live near oxford and recently could only make 6-8 games a season as it meant taking time off work. But now due to s new job I will be getting a season ticket from next season. So now I am looking to get to know some coventry fans as I dnt no any cov fans who are able to go every week. So if anyone fancys making a new match day buddy and having a few beers on match day and having a laugh get in touch. i

skybluearmy88

No way lol, I lived in chopping Norton for a year before moving to witney, used to live down spring street by the theatre. And played darts for the kings arms so used to drink there and the blue boar. Do you have Facebook. Pm me your name and I will message you on there if you do. Would be good to get to know more coventry fans in the area. So do you get to many games?

Nonleagueherewecome

My ex-girlfriend used to live in Whitney. It seemed very nice. Kinda posh, but then so was she. She lives in Cheltenham now, which is even posher, in theory..

I agree that we've reached the "gotta laugh" stage. My fave gallows-humour moment of the season was when I turned to my mate and matter of factly said "I'll go after this corner, just after Burnley get the winner..(GOAL!)..OK, see you next week!" & Saturdays "sod this, it's freezing, I'm off..we aren't gonna score, I'll only miss the Ipswich winner.."(which I did by 30 seconds!).

My mate found my desperate, depressed "Look at Cody..he's like Freddy Eastwood without the brains" comment quite funny, based on The Fredsters not-exactly-overwhelming intelligence levels.

skybluearmy88

Yeah it is a nice area, David Cameron comes from a little village just outside witney as is our local mp. To be honest with living in witney and working all the time I have not had much chance to get to know the town as much as i would have liked. And yeah the problem is we seemed to have little choice but to laugh about some of the things us fans have to go thru. To be honest though regardless of the fact were likely to be in league 1 next season I will support cov. Doesn't matter what league there in I will always support them.

The soothsayer

I live near oxford and recently could only make 6-8 games a season as it meant taking time off work. But now due to s new job I will be getting a season ticket from next season. So now I am looking to get to know some coventry fans as I dnt no any cov fans who are able to go every week. So if anyone fancys making a new match day buddy and having a few beers on match day and having a laugh get in touch. i

Do you take it up the arse? if not sorry im busy.

The Reverend Skyblue

I live in witney, previously lived in banbury, take it your from the area paxman, where abouts u from?

i was born in Banbury, and lived nearly all my life in a little village called Croughton, big yankie listening base off the A43 there.

i know Witney and Chippy well, Played a lot of my golf ,when i was fit , at the Chippy golf course or Cherwell edge at Chacombe & Edge Hill & Tadmarton etc
Played lots of footie out that way, Enstone , Charlbury, Chadlington etc, i've forgot all the villages i played out that way, as i have an appalling memory.

When i do get back to England, i'll definately meet up ,pre-game or when ever

The Rev

rob9872

This is a very brave and public way to 'come out' :)

skybluearmy88

i was born in Banbury, and lived nearly all my life in a little village called Croughton, big yankie listening base off the A43 there.

i know Witney and Chippy well, Played a lot of my golf ,when i was fit , at the Chippy golf course or Cherwell edge at Chacombe & Edge Hill & Tadmarton etc
Played lots of footie out that way, Enstone , Charlbury, Chadlington etc, i've forgot all the villages i played out that way, as i have an appalling memory.

When i do get back to England, i'll definately meet up ,pre-game or when ever

The Rev
Do you still live in the area? Yeah I know croughton, got family that work there. And been to cherwell edge a few times. I was born in banbury myself, but my family are from coventry so followed in the family foot steps in supporting cov.

The Reverend Skyblue

Do you still live in the area? Yeah I know croughton, got family that work there. And been to cherwell edge a few times. I was born in banbury myself, but my family are from coventry so followed in the family foot steps in supporting cov.

I live in France at the moment.I've lived here for nearly nine years, but i'm due to come back home late next month, and we have rented a house in Diss Norfolk for 6 months while we search for a house in that area.

I plan to start again going to as many games as i can next season, definately the home games and as many away as i can afford.

The Rev

Users who are viewing this thread