Busst To Write To Eduardo (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

The weekend's football has been dominated by the injury suffered by Arsenal striker Eduardo against Birmingham City on Saturday.

The pictures of the Croatian's injury brought back unhappy memories for former Coventry City defender David Busst after his broken leg at Old Trafford 12 years ago.

'I saw it on Match of the Day,' he said of the weekend incident.

'I saw Martin Taylor coming towards him, saw the foot go up and I had to look away.

'It brought back the memories. I flinched. I just looked away as soon as I saw the connection.'

Busst, who works at the City academy, added: 'I always send a "get well" message to players who have broken their legs badly and I'll be putting pen to paper for Eduardo.

'I remember how much all the letters meant to me when I was lying in hospital.'

skyblusam

Fair play on him thats what you call a top bloke. I hope eduardo makes a recovery and returns to the game its never nice seeing such an horrific injury no matter who the player is and who he plays for

I know there been alot of talk about him returning in 9 months/year, but he will never return, defo not to full fitness. Bussts granted was worse but even at the time of that one you could tell his career had finished. Hope im wrong but i cant see Eduardo ever playing in top flight again.

Nick

Administrator
You never know though. There might have been some changes in technology and operations in all of those years so they may have got more advanced so can do better things.

He is a quality player though and it is never nice to see somebody put out of the game but I have my fingers cross that he will be able to return and play again.

Paul Stokes

I think he'll be back.

The reason that Busst had to quit wasn't the break of the leg it was the complications with the operations after which led to the muscle getting infected and damaging the muscles strength. Same with Luc Nilis for the Villa.

They said the op was a success and the risk of infection is low so he should be okay.

Paul Stokes

Nick said:
Was that why Busst has a lot of his calf muscle missing Paul?

I'd imagine so. He was on the TV saying he had 10 operations in the first two weeks due to infection and problems but Eduardo has only had to have the one and was relativly straight forward.

Nick

Administrator
Ouch! He still walks with a really bad limp now, bless him!

Although it is good to see the club gave him the chance to work elsewhere and carry on doing something he loves :)

Millo

Cisse had two bad breaks and recovered from both.

Most players do in this day and age, the key is the medical staff who treat the players before they're put in the ambulance, that next 5 - 10 minutes is abslutely crucial.

J

JuanDan petrolman

it could have been worse,he could have broken two legs like eddie the eagle

skyblue_goddess

I read Eduardo's interview this morning saying he'd forgiven Taylor but I dunno, he seemed to be still having a bit of a dig.

"Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was scathing in his condemnation of Taylor's tackle but Croatia star Eduardo accepts the defender's insistence there was no malice.

Taylor visited him in hospital, and Eduardo said: "I had to look at him. I could not understand how anyone could make a tackle like that in only the third minute of a game.

"But in the end I believed that Taylor was sincere and I accepted his excuses.

"Even though he had destroyed my season it would be incredible to think that what he did was pre-meditated."

Hmmmm.......

J

JuanDan petrolman

dont think hes into yoga to be honest, pilates maybe, yoga NO

Users who are viewing this thread