Match Thread Bury v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 28th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Bury v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

A win. 2-1. Not sure it is worth much though in the grand scheme of things.

Expect Willis back, Vernam in, Beavon in and maybe RCC in following Burge's very dithery and nervous performance yesterday.

Evo1883

Tactics lol
Il be there , we won't win
Draw at very best , won 1 away all season and don't expect that to change by the end of the season

Gazolba

It's got to be either 2-0 or 2-1 to Bury.
Our only chance is if Vernam or Folivi play and turn out to be as good as Messi or Suarez.

Grendel

I can't see anything but a hiding.

I'd change it round a bit for this game

I would start jones just to see if he has what it takes. He needs to get Burge, Kelly Evans, Haynes, foley and Rose out of the team. I'd say Clarke as well but I see no better options. Play a flat back 4 and let the actual midfield and wide men be responsible for going forward.

No manager seems to play two strikers but he needs to try it.

no_loyalty

They are going to Bury us, 2-0 home win witnessed by 250 City fans

robbiekeane

I can't see anything but a hiding.

I'd change it round a bit for this game

I would start jones just to see if he has what it takes. He needs to get Burge, Kelly Evans, Haynes, foley and Rose out of the team. I'd say Clarke as well but I see no better options. Play a flat back 4 and let the actual midfield and wide men be responsible for going forward.

No manager seems to play two strikers but he needs to try it.
Agree apart from Kelly Evans. Only seen him play twice this year but looked pretty decent?

johnwillomagic

Tricky one don't think we are good enough whoever he thinks but think we have to play 4-4-2 and our most robust defensive line up.

Rcc. gk
Willis. Rb
Turnbull lb
Clarke. Cb
Rawson. Cb
Stevenson cm
Bigi. Cm
Reilly. Lm
Jones. Rm
Beavon. St
G.Thomas. St

Subs: burge, Haynes, foley, rose, tudguy, k.thomas, Lameiras

lifeskyblue

Certainly expect us to lose heavily...Saturday, the form book, injuries, Slade etc but football has a way of surprising us all and a lucky 1-0 victory might just happen. More likely we lose all our games from now to April 2nd and then turn it on for 90mins and run out comfortable winners.

PUSB

Frostie

Let's at least try something different...

RCC
DKE Willis Clarke Harries Haynes
Bigi Stevenson Reilly
Jones
Beavon​

If Stevenson isn't fit, let Foley sit in front of the 3 CB's.
Let Beavon do his usual target man thing & instruct Jones to get up with him & in behind too

Subs:
Burge, Turnbull, Foley, Rose, Reid, G.Thomas, K.Thomas

This will never happen of course though, it will be same players except a few minor like for like changes & we'll lose 2-0.

chinamans view

I agree would try something different for this game nothing else worth doing, RCC, Willis , Clark, Rawson, Turnbull, Dke, Bigi, Rielly, Haynes ,K.Thomas, Beavon ,
not the team I would normally pick.

jackdg

I drive past Gigg Lane tomorrow on my commute home and I'm still not 100% convinced I'm going to stop and watch...

1-1

standupforcity

As I've already said......'Some of those on the bench , Jones, Reid, Lameiras need to be given a run of games. These are not 'occasional men' which is why when they are used 'occasionally', they don't work. Now is the time to take risks, try something different, because we are very clear now what doesn't work. Will Slade have the courage on Tues...I very much doubt it'.

Otis

RCC

Foley Willis Clarke Turnbull

G Thomas Reilly Stevenson Jones

Beavon Vernam or K Thomas

Sky Blue Harry H

Need 6 points from next 2 games, so - he has to pick a side capable of attacking. See they signed Caddis (ex-Blues) yesterday(?) and have Joe Murphy in goal :punch:

Otis

Need 6 points from next 2 games, so - he has to pick a side capable of attacking. See they signed Caddis (ex-Blues) yesterday(?) and have Joe Murphy in goal :punch:
To be quite honest with you, we need more than 6 points from the next 2 games.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Glad to see you're in rude health, Houch (how's it looking on the Wembley ticke front?)
Cheers Harry! Doubt if I'll be going. We're in Coventry for the whole week beforehand and travelling back to the island on the Sat. Missus won't be happy if I disappear for a trip to Wembley on the Sunday. Ah well. She who must be obeyed and all that! By the way, your avatar does my head in! I know the face but just can't put a name to it! C'mon! Help me out here! ;)

Esoterica

Saturday knocked the stuffing out of me and finally resigned me to the conclusion that relegation is a certainty.
Prediction: Couldn't give a fuck 1 - Esoterica 0

Users who are viewing this thread