Burton Albion Fans View (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Just thought I'd let you know some posts from the opposing fans:

"We've got nothing to fear
Coventry should be worried about us more than we are them"

"As for Cov, can't say I'm sorry they are without Armstrong for this game, will be interesting to see if they play the new forward signings.This is the first of the L1 games with a big away following. Could say a dress rehearsal for the Blades visit on the 29th night game ( should be a cracking atmosphere also under the floodlights). I really hope the stewards get on top of sorting out the away end so all the the Cov fans get to see the whole game. Hopefully the fans have been informed to get to the ground in plenty of time to ensure they get a spot. It's going to be old school and tight on the terraces"

"1-1 Tudgay. Coventry taking control now. Simple goal... Poor marking by our centre halfs"
"Half time score is 1-1 all tied up. Coventry has had the better of the game so far in a small way. Tough game going to be close either way"

"I think the best team won today. Coventry were much better at passing the ball. I think we were exposed up front . We're in desperate need of another striker/option up there. Thiele worked very hard but achieved nothing. The jury's out on him in my opinion.Not sure why Duffy was taken off, I thought he was our key man and best player up till then. Lucas was brilliant when he took duffs place though. Coventry are one of the sides that should be up there at the end of the season. If we want to be there then weneed to learn to pass the ball as well as they do.A draw would have been a fair result given the second goal probably shouldn't have stood, but we didn't deserve a win. Not that I would complain if we had"

"Personally I've no complaints about the result. I thought they were the better team and possibly had another gear in them. They'll be up there come May. I thought we lacked compusure and quality. JBW has been our best attacking player from the bench in recent weeks but found himself stranded at left back and didn't venture past the half way line all that much. Akins needs to start next week as well"

Gint11

"Reckon Jimmy was spot on with his analysis of the game. They were a good team and we just didn't do the right things when asked. Us when all the players are playing to their potential could have took some points today. Enjoyed the game, attendance, expected more and its debatable why. We move on, happy where we are up to now, better 2 points off the top than off the bottom I say"

"Personally I thought Jimmy got it wrong both tactically and team wise. Thiele upfront was a non-starter in my opinion, we don't look anywhere as near as effective in 4-4-2 as in 4-2-3-1. I would have played Beavon as striker with Matty Palmer in the hole and kept the ball on the floor instead of playing to the strengths of Coventry's centre backs. Binom Williams is good going forward but not nearly as effective as Mcrory defending. Couldn't fathom out Duffy being substituted, personally thought he was our best player up until that stage and being the most creative. Fair play to Coventry but I feel we contributed to our own downfall today"

"Burton Albion 1-2 Coventry City. The result means nothing to me. What matters is that my girlfriend had to be taken to the First Aid Hut because some stupid Derby County fans trying to cause trouble decided it was a clever idea to set a flare off after our goal! Absolutely disgusted"

"On the balance of play Coventry just about deserved it but to be fair, we gifted them both goals, with Robbie's suicidal pass and McLaughlin's dither. Fair play to John though as he went on Radio Derby to take full responsibility"

lifeskyblue

Seem a decent sent of fans with opinions based on what they saw not what they wished they had seen. Credit to them. I wish we were sometimes as honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Yes once the TV established it was onside there was no argument. Even if he had been offside sometimes you just got to accept. All teams by the end of the season will have many cases of that decision went against U.S. and cost us points. Funny how they always forget the decisions that go in their favour. That's life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcbean

glad they took Duffy off - he was their best player - Prutton and the Sky commentator sort of stumbled when he made that one

eastwoodsdustman

Me and a bloke next to me couldn't believe it when they took Duffy off. Best player on the pitch bar Reda yesterday. He was everywhere and causing us all sorts of problems.

robbiethemole

JFH..............we can play better and we made Coventry look better than they are!!!! wtf.. sour grapes Jim?? not as composed as you like to have us believe.

We won.............you didn't, deal with it

letsallsingtogether

When we left the ground some their supporters came up to us shook our hands and said well played you deserved it.

What a nice set of supporters.....

higgs

Ricketts and vincelot have been massive signings for us great leadership and battle hardened players the type u want to go to war with when u step out on the pitch

Users who are viewing this thread