Burglary (1 Viewer)

Marty

Some bastard has broken into my shed sometime from wednesday evening, until I discovered it this morning. They got in by unscrewing the door on the hinge side.

Had one bike stolen and another badly damaged beyond repair.

Bike stolen is this.
Cannondale Trail 4 Mountain Bike 2016 | Tredz Bikes

And the other bike they had a good go at getting out but its bolted to the wall and floor with 4 locks so they couldn't get it out so they decided to saw the frame up. Utter arseholes.

Insurance have been really good and paid out within an hour.

Anybody aware of places that take in bikes? Going to make a visit to any places to see if anything has been took in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180721-205954.jpg
    Screenshot_20180721-205954.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18

ConnorDevine

theres a few pawn shops between the bus station and the cathedral, maybe try there?

In Hinckley when stuff gets nicked it tends to be pawned in earl shilton or barwell, maybe check slightly further afield than just the city

pastythegreat

Keep an eye on Gum Tree and the like.
Chance are though they'll most likely sell it to somebody in the pub for £50.
Proper shit though! As a bike owner myself I can feel your pain! Hope you catch the cunts and saw their frame beyond repair

Gazolba

It helps if you have the bike's serial number for identification purposes.

no_loyalty

I hope they catch the bastard(s) and you get your bike back

bringbackrattles

I used to cycle a lot and had some good mountain bikes. But in the end I gave it up as had 3 nicked, so thought what's the point. I locked them up as well with so called secure locks, but they still got away with them. A customer of mine had an expensive motor bike nicked a few months ago, all locked up in a shed, but he only had it a week or so and hadn't got it insured yet, so he was well gutted.

Marty

I used to cycle a lot and had some good mountain bikes. But in the end I gave it up as had 3 nicked, so thought what's the point. I locked them up as well with so called secure locks, but they still got away with them. A customer of mine had an expensive motor bike nicked a few months ago, all locked up in a shed, but he only had it a week or so and hadn't got it insured yet, so he was well gutted.

Don't give up something you enjoy because of some arseholes. Just claim on the insurance and go again. My renewal premiums are going to be astronomical after 2 break ins in about 10 months.

bringbackrattles

Don't give up something you enjoy because of some arseholes. Just claim on the insurance and go again. My renewal premiums are going to be astronomical after 2 break ins in about 10 months.
I had a great mountain bike and would cycle miles with my then young son, had some good days out. I once cycled to my late dads house to pop in and see how he was, have a cuppa and not stay too long. I had a lock but as I left outside his back door I thought it would be fine for twenty minutes. I came out and it was gone !
Someone must have known that I left it unlocked, I felt a right Muppet, but sometimes you let your guard drop.
I did what you're doing and looked everywhere, but never got it back.

Users who are viewing this thread