Bulgaria v England Matchday thread (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

bulgveng_navyred.jpg

Bulgaria v England
KO 19:15 Friday 2nd September
Ground: Vassil Levski Stadion
Euro 2012 qualifier
Watch Bulgaria v England live on Sky Sports HD1 from 6.30pm

England go to Bulgaria in the knowledge that they have little margin for error on the road to the 2012 European Championship.

The Three Lions sit top of Group G heading into a crunch clash in Sofia, but are level on points with Montenegro and face a scrap to secure automatic qualification. A 4-0 victory over the Bulgarians in the reverse fixture at Wembley suggests Fabio Capello's men should have nothing to fear, but they cannot afford to take anything for granted.

Capello's men have not been in action since that stalemate, with a friendly date against Holland scheduled for early August called off as a result of the riots in London.

Darren Bent is a major doubt after missing training on Thursday.

My Predictions

Score: 3-1 (Johnson, Parker, Welbeck)

Formation:

J.Hart
Johnson, Terry, Cahill, A.Cole
A.Johnson, F.Lampard, S.Parker, A.Young
D.Welbeck, W.Rooney

Any matchday predictions/banter please post here.​

Last edited:

wingy

SPOTTED THE DELIBERATE MISTAKE. Thought Welbeck is due miss five games due to hamstring.

dojer

It'll be interesting to see how England line up, been playing 4-3-3 recently but without Wilshere in the team we might struggle to create goals if he sticks with the same shape. I think England will win this probably 2-0 though with Rooney on the score sheet at least once

cornoccfc

According to Sky

Hart
Smalling, Terry, Cahill, Cole
Lampard, Barry, Parker
Young, Carroll, Rooney​

LastGarrison

I was on over 3.5 goals.

Could have laid it off when we went 3-0 up and locked in profit either way.

But no, I thought there's definitely another goal in this i'll let it ride. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread