BT Sport added to Virgin Media, no extra cost for XL users (1 Viewer)

dutchman

Virgin Media today (August 15) announced that its XL subscribers will receive BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN in HD at no extra cost. The channels will cost £15 for non-XL subscribers.

Virgin Media's chief operating officer Dana Strong said: "Virgin Media homes are kicking-off the new season with the most complete sporting line-up around in one simple subscription, from Barclays Premier League football and Aviva Premiership rugby to F1, live golf and the culmination of a great Ashes series.

"We're excited to announce our deal with BT, making these fantastic new channels available at no extra cost to millions of Virgin TV viewers and in HD as standard."

BT Sport's channels will also be available via the cloud-based Virgin TV Anywhere service for mobile, tablets and online.

In addition to 38 top-flight football matches, BT has secured rights to Aviva Premiership rugby, Scottish, European and worldwide league football, WTA tennis, the 2013/14 FA Cup and the UEFA Europa League.

Virgin Media already offers subscribers Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 in HD.

SkyblueBazza

Do yourself a favour though...how often do you watch some of the channels available? I realised that 90% time is spent on the BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5/Dave/Gold channels in my house. Catch-up used about 1/month. So spoke to Virgin - & there's even a Freeview package available...saved a stack, & so upgraded the phone package & reckon overall I'll save about £15/month. I made a stand from the off regarding TV subscriptions for live games though, & will not back-track on that. When Cov are on if I am not going personally, I'll go to a pub & watch - same with the other games that interest me (about 10/yr)

Otis

Do yourself a favour though...how often do you watch some of the channels available? I realised that 90% time is spent on the BBC/ITV/Ch4/Ch5/Dave/Gold channels in my house. Catch-up used about 1/month. So spoke to Virgin - & there's even a Freeview package available...saved a stack, & so upgraded the phone package & reckon overall I'll save about £15/month. I made a stand from the off regarding TV subscriptions for live games though, & will not back-track on that. When Cov are on if I am not going personally, I'll go to a pub & watch - same with the other games that interest me (about 10/yr)

Agree with you.

I don't get my monies worth, but there are certain things I want to watch, such as The Ashes and American Football and of course any City game.

Hardly ever watch a Premiership or Championship game and only on occasion watch the Champions League, but there are those odd things I really want to watch so that's where they've got me.

SkyBlueScottie

Well happy with that to be honest as I have the XL package and traditionally they have offered ESPN, Setanta etc free of charge but I could not see BT putting the channels on here as it undermines the BB offer (ie free if you have BT bb)

I normally dont watch premiership football on the tv but may do so this year without going up the Ricoh, and if City are on I alway go to the pub to watch it, mainly so I can have a bit of peace without being asked to do things such as getting some coat hangers or just nipping to the shop....

As for channels, I would like to reduce my package but with kids in the house its difficult, but yes there is a load of pap channels about the place

torchomatic

Great stuff. We have the Xl package.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread