Bristol City Supporters Trust ‘Disgusted at Football League’ (1 Viewer)

Sub

NEWS Bristol City Supporters Trust ‘Disgusted at Football League’ over Coventry move Bristol City Supporters Trust are the latest to join the chorus of disapproval at the failure of The Football League to deal with the building crisis at Coventry City. The Trust are to write to the League expressing their ‘disgust’ at allowing the ‘temporary’ relocation of the Club.

They are also to raise the issue with fans, and try to explain why supporters should think about their attendance at the game in the light of what is happening. Contrary to some reports, they are not planning an actual ballot of fans. Meanwhile, it emerged this afternoon that landlords of the Ricoh Arena are threatening to sue Northampton Town FC should Coventry kick a ball at Sixfields because the Club, through the member entity Coventry City FC Ltd, have a contract to play there as tenants for the next 25 years.

Northampton have issued an expectedly defiant response, though SISU appear to have gone quiet – on this issue, at least for the moment. There is also mounting political pressure on SISU Capital, previous and would be owners of the Club through their Otium Entertainment vehicle, after Coventry North MP Bob Ainsworth called on those – like Tim Fisher – behind the Club’s owners to be investigated to find out whether they deliberately sought to defraud creditors. SISU have responded angrily to the suggestion, claiming that Ainsworth is misusing his Parliamentary privilege, which gives MPs protection so that they can raise issues of concern to them without the threat of legal action. - See more at: http://www.supporters-direct.org/?n...eague-over-coventry-move#sthash.1gj1d1nP.dpuf

Sub

the trust need to contact all the other football clubs trusts in our division and others if needed now and see if they will back us everybody needs to get the FL to take notice and change this crazy decision !!!

mattylad

the trust need to contact all the other football clubs trusts in our division and others if needed now and see if they will back us everybody needs to get the FL to take notice and change this crazy decision !!!
I believe they already have.

ashbyjan

All League One clubs Trust are being contacted to help us out. We are explaining (as simply as is possible given the incedible complexity of it all!!) the situation we are in and asking them to support us by highlighting the issues to their members and ideally boycott our "home" matches at Sixfields. Bristol City's Trust have said they will bring the matter to their members attention asking their members to think about their attendance in light of whats happening.

We are also contacting all the Trusts of clubs who have a Director on the FL board asking them to put pressure on them about the FL's ludicrous and spineless decision.

rupert_bear

All League One clubs Trust are being contacted to help us out. We are explaining (as simply as is possible given the incedible complexity of it all!!) the situation we are in and asking them to support us by highlighting the issues to their members and ideally boycott our "home" matches at Sixfields. Bristol City's Trust have said they will bring the matter to their members attention asking their members to think about their attendance in light of whats happening.

We are also contacting all the Trusts of clubs who have a Director on the FL board asking them to put pressure on them about the FL's ludicrous and spineless decision.
I think jan you need to contact division 2 clubs aswell about not going to Northampton games, costing the cobblers money has to be a tactic. The more that we can erode into the money they are hoping to make from the rent they receive from sisu the better. I think we would get a lot of support. Also ask teams to boycott F&B at Northampton

Last edited:

NTFC

I can see a lot of scapegoating NTFC here and not a lot of positive action that we can get involved in.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think jan you need to contact division 2 clubs aswell about not going to Northampton games, costing the cobblers money has to be a tactic. The more that we can erode into the money they are hoping to make from the rent they receive from sisu the better. I think we would get a lot of support. Also ask teams to boycott F&B at Northampton

Why That makes us as bad as Sisu they are killing our club and you want to kill Northampton:facepalm:

ashbyjan

No - its not the fault of the Cobblers fans and we have our own battles to fight. We need them as our allies and working together will be better than pitting fans against fans. We can target their Chairman but not the fans - together we can do a lot more good than in conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread