Bristol City Away Following!!! (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

354 at Forest for such an important game, I know it was on Sky but that is a fucking disgrace. Sell out 2moro though Hope we beat the 6 fingered Apple juice drinking wankers.

EAst ender

It was pathetic from us. Bank holiday, crap traffic, we never beat Forest, on the tele, appalling football, just some of the excuses we have made.
TBH, most of us had given up and couldn't be arsed! That's one of very few games when our players actually looked like they gave a sh*t which is the main reason we didn't travel in our usual numbers.

As for the 'apple juice', why not try a couple of pints of it tomorrow? You won't remember alot but you will have enjoyed it.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was pathetic from us. Bank holiday, crap traffic, we never beat Forest, on the tele, appalling football, just some of the excuses we have made.
TBH, most of us had given up and couldn't be arsed! That's one of very few games when our players actually looked like they gave a sh*t which is the main reason we didn't travel in our usual numbers.

As for the 'apple juice', why not try a couple of pints of it tomorrow? You won't remember alot but you will have enjoyed it.

What's the best local stuff you've got? Bit tired of the same old Bulmers :p

Changeyourface

Saw it yesterday and couldn't believe it, I know they're not a big club but 300 odd for one of their biggest games of the season is just tinpot.

EAst ender

What's the best local stuff you've got? Bit tired of the same old Bulmers :p

Try and find some Black rat, natch or cripplecock (I kid you not). Lovely stuff but it blows your head off (apart from the cripplecock, it wrecks 'ahem' other parts supposedly).
Taunton traditional is a nice tipple too IMO. Essentially if you haven't heard of it, it's probably local and 'apple juice'.

SkyBlueMania

Try and find some Black rat, natch or cripplecock (I kid you not). Lovely stuff but it blows your head off (apart from the cripplecock, it wrecks 'ahem' other parts supposedly).
Taunton traditional is a nice tipple too IMO. Essentially if you haven't heard of it, it's probably local and 'apple juice'.

I must apologise on behalf of the moron that started this thread, commendations on rising above his abuse. Always enjoyed a west country cider but never had the joy of visiting the area, on my list of places to visit!

EAst ender

Sky Blue Mania why don't you get your cocky out and stick it in EAst enders mouth you moron!!!!

I was about to defend you StGeorge'66 as you were correct about our shocking support yesterday but it seems you are just looking for a row!
Calm down, the game's tomorrow.

Astute

I love a bit of banter. It is good to welcome opponents fans. I go on their boards. I have been treated well from the Brizzle fans.

Have respect for the ones that show respect. We are all football fans at the end of the day, and are paying a lifetime of frustration for being born in the wrong place ;-)

EAst ender

I love a bit of banter. It is good to welcome opponents fans. I go on their boards. I have been treated well from the Brizzle fans.

Have respect for the ones that show respect. We are all football fans at the end of the day, and are paying a lifetime of frustration for being born in the wrong place ;-)

Ha ha, that's priceless Astute.
Some of us have a 12 poxy hour shift to do tonight so can't get too excited just yet. I will be right up for it tomorrow if a tad jaded, especially after a few ciders and another 12 hour stint tomorrow night! :sleep:

skablue

Spend quite a lot of time in the south west and i'm partial to the apples myself , I like the Thatchers Gold & Cheddar Valley which are good for a session, Weston's Old Rosie (7.3%) is excellent if you want to remember nothing of your day. No doubt I'll sink a few before kick off tomorrow just to lubricate the tonsils.

Don't really care how many Bristol took to Forest, just proud that our fan's have enough belief in our team to sell out allocation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Cripplecock is probably the best name I've ever heard-shall be sure to fit in a few of those pre-match.

bigredkev

To be honest im suprised we took that many we have generally been shocking this year and totally deserve to be at the bottom of the league , on our away support we are so unpredictable took 2,000 to west ham on a tues night 1,800 to watford on a tues night and could quite easily take 3,000 to brum next saturday , on our day which i admit aint that often this year we can pull the fans out at the drop of a hat

steveo1987

Around the back of the SS Great Britain on the way to the cottage is a proper cider pub,can't remember the name but EAstender will know.for serious drinkers,walk along hotwells to the superb Grain Barge(Bristol beer factory)on the floating harbour.Or further down is the Bag O Nails,a proper real ale pub run by a proper real ale landlord complete with beard.

The Reverend Skyblue

Bristol City fans seem a fair minded bunch to me. I converse with a few on an other forum, and they tell me how poor they have been this season and deserve fully to be where they are, and up to Forest had resigned themselves to going back to the local derby with yeovil next season, but now they have re-newed hope.

There is always a couple of braindead fans from each team on every site, i'm Cov's on this site, but most of them seem very decent.

I will sleep sound tonight, for i feel we will win tomorrow, it happens a lot that a team wins there first game away then goes on an winning run away from home.

Come On Cody, a brace awaits you

The Rev

skyblu3sk

Around the back of the SS Great Britain on the way to the cottage is a proper cider pub,can't remember the name but EAstender will know.for serious drinkers,walk along hotwells to the superb Grain Barge(Bristol beer factory)on the floating harbour.Or further down is the Bag O Nails,a proper real ale pub run by a proper real ale landlord complete with beard.
That would be the orchard, i am currently on a boat in the marina next to it.

bigredkev

tell me what boat sky blue i shall come down and sink it overnight lol , im in the cottage at 1130 tomorrow with a mate and the girls if you fancy a beer

skyblu3sk

Lol I'm not even down for the game will be off before it kicks off unfortunately stopping down with mates to get my starboard fixed

bigredkev

ship and castle now knocked down , i will admit bootboy if you come here looking for it you will deffo find it , we have got a large hoolie element down here , but if you drink in the right pubs etc dont large it on the streets you will be fine , our so say hollie element dont go marching round looking for it and you may not see them but rest assured they are there , tend to stick to our own watering holes

skybluejim84

Westons old Rosie is served in my local ( new inn on the a5) long buckby. Very nice drink, goes down very well until you get off the bar stool and attempt to move in a straight line!

ship and castle now knocked down , i will admit bootboy if you come here looking for it you will deffo find it , we have got a large hoolie element down here , but if you drink in the right pubs etc dont large it on the streets you will be fine , our so say hollie element dont go marching round looking for it and you may not see them but rest assured they are there , tend to stick to our own watering holes

Cheers Kev, we heard it had been knocked down.

We were hoping to nip into the cottage, but will see where we end up after we have parked. Any pubs we should avoid?

CCFC123

354 at Forest for such an important game, I know it was on Sky but that is a fucking disgrace. Sell out 2moro though Hope we beat the 6 fingered Apple juice drinking wankers.

If that is true and I do believe you then that is a truly shocking effort for a small/mid sized club such as Bristol on a bank holiday. However, I doubt it will even register how shameful there following was as they 'won'.

bigredkev

bootboy , i wont tell you what pubs to avoid as no disrespect i dont know you from adam and you may well be a cov hollie ( sure u understand ) but i will tell you where to go , pump house , nova scotia , merchants arms ,( the cottage thats where i will be with the mrs and my mate and his mrs ( will be there from 1145/1200 , ) pubs will busy as full house and shite weather forecast so very little standing outside , c u in the cottage if you wanna beer , avoid bedminster / ashton area , dont go to the ground and look for a pub as its a long walk back to the away pubs , best park up and walk to the ground after a beer then walk back after , if you want directions to the cottage will give you some if you wish , nice boozer by the river , not troublesome pub at all , any hoolies there kicking off will embarrass themselves

Users who are viewing this thread