Bring back Eastwood (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Surely he has to be fit by the time we play Forest that will be 4 weeks since he was told to sort himself out, that's the same lenght as preseason....

and i'm sorry but even if he's unfit i'd still fancy him to score more than Platt, O'Donnovan and Mcdonald combined!

skybluesam66

Either bring him back in the team - or if he is still not fit Sack him

we should not be paying the wages for somebody who cant be bothered to fulfil the terms of his contract

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The only thing stopping Eastwood playing is Eastwood. To have been deemed unfit after a full preseason is criminal and we are paying for it. How many loan players could we get for the salary he is being paid (ok probs none but you know what i mean)

Dont think the guy wants to play for us ..... would rather let him go...... if he proved he could work, stay fit and be an asset to the team yes involve him.......... but we dont need passengers

Has had more than enough chances - get rid

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

I'd be quite happy not to see him play again for us. His 4 goals won't make that much difference for us this season anyway. I would rather watch Juke/Platt/O'Donovan/McDonald who may not score many but at least put some effort in.

Nothing will make the fans turn on players quicker than having a player on the pitch who cant be arsed.

Skyblueloyal

Either bring him back in the team - or if he is still not fit Sack him

we should not be paying the wages for somebody who cant be bothered to fulfil the terms of his contract

Well said I sure if I was crap at my job I would be sacked

blueflint

get him out we need players that want to play for us and are prepared to try :blue::blue:

ashbyjan

Cannot believe he is physically not fit enough as no injury has been sited so I suspect its more of a case of rehab, maybe for white powder or similar. No evidence for this and not making an accusation just speculating from the available evidence.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Is it coincidence perhaps that this is happening whilst the dispute at Dale Farm goes on :whistle:

harvey098

Disagree with the majority of the replies on here but thats the great thing about these forums.. different opinions.

I personally would love to see fred back in the starting line up. I dont think he is lazy, it is just his style of play makes him look that way. Either way, his stats for when he has had a run of games up front, are very good. I know I am going to get slated for this but I think he is going to be the surprise key in keeping us up this year.

Disagree with the majority of the replies on here but thats the great thing about these forums.. different opinions.

I personally would love to see fred back in the starting line up. I dont think he is lazy, it is just his style of play makes him look that way. Either way, his stats for when he has had a run of games up front, are very good. I know I am going to get slated for this but I think he is going to be the surprise key in keeping us up this year.

If he is not lazy then explain why he is not fit enough to play! It's not due to an injury.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thing is Eastwood has been seen to put the effort in for the rare game he decides he wants to, so it isnt down to his style. Nor is it a case of just choosing the stats that suit, he had plenty of shots at goal even playing wide he just didnt score many of them. We are not in a position to carry someone in the team who in over 3 years has failed to be the consistent goal scorer we need in the hope he might decide to play up to his ability.

For AT to come out and say Freddy is not fit for purpose is not a thing any manager says lightly, Freddy's problems are in his own head IMO and that stops him working and being the player he could have been. AT practically put it on a plate for him to be the star forward at the start of the season and he threw it back in AT's face by not wanting to be fit enough to do the job.

I would have crawled to the ground to have the chance he has, the guy has more skill than i could dream of having but he has a bad attitude, nor is he professional about the sport that pays him thousands a week. We dont need a selfish lazy attitude in the squad right now we need players to play for the shirt and be proud of it. He is a fans favourite to many and he has thrown that adoration back in the fans faces by not being fit to play but still taken the money.

I really cant understand why he continues to get so much support - he has achieved very little at the club or under various managers. Those managers have all concluded they didnt want to play him - there has to be a reason for that consistency of judgement here and at wolves

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

There was plenty of effort the only time we've seen Freddy this season; when he was on the pitch against Watford, he went closer to scoring than any one else had all game. Something serious has happened, possibly he's crossed the line with something he's said to AT. I honestly can't believe he's any more unfit than he was under previous managers, unless he's literally sitting out his contract and can't be screwed to try at all. But again, it didn't look like that against Watford...did more than Cody has bar the Ipswich game!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I think this has nothing to do with his style of play. I can remember when he first arrived at the club he looked fit. Since then and the last time I saw him play he was fat, he's turning into another Kevin Thornton, loads of potential but just throwing it away because he can't be bothered to get fit. Maybe that because of the situation at the club so fine but don't expect to be playing. AT was asked last week about him and said it was still up to Freddy to prove his fitness.

I'd rather since Rod/platt in the team rather than a player who isn't even fit.

Nonleagueherewecome

AT's interview implied that there had been zero progress whatsoever by Freddy. I'll be amazed if we see him play for the club again. Odd, as AT made a big deal of including every single player last season, even self-made gambling-millionaire McIndoe :thinking about:

The Reverend Skyblue

OSB i've agreed and liked every post you've done so far but at last there is something we don't agree on.Freddy is my favorite player and he has more skill in his left toe than all the team put together.
Yes he can look lazy and not interested but that to me is how he looks alll the time, when i've seen him he trys as hard as any other, but for me previous managers have played him out of position,other players not using him etc and its alien to him, so he finds it hard to get in the game. Play Freddy up front next to Jukebox with Cody behind, or Cody & Juke upfront with Freddy behind centrally so he's always in the game, then he produce performances and goals.He is our last truely skillful player, and I agree that its appalling if he ain't fit,if thats true, but when he is use him

The Rev

SkyBlue_Bear83

Freddy is lazy and has a bad attitude towards the game however he has quality in the final third of the pitch which is what we are lacking.

Sub

bet you find he has a clause if he plays any more games we have to give wolves some cash!!!!:thinking about::thinking about:

smileycov

Facebook User
Bring Freddie back!! we need him upfront, cody needs time and ROD is hard working but not the required standard. play him and pray to your god, that he can at last do the business!!

CCFC123

Surely he has to be fit by the time we play Forest that will be 4 weeks since he was told to sort himself out, that's the same lenght as preseason....

and i'm sorry but even if he's unfit i'd still fancy him to score more than Platt, O'Donnovan and Mcdonald combined!

This is a joke thread I take it. April 1st went a while back.

Nonleagueherewecome

bet you find he has a clause if he plays any more games we have to give wolves some cash!!!!:thinking about::thinking about:

Ahh, the "Elliott Ward" moment-so blame the player for being unprofessional! Nah, surely not...reckon it'd have been leaked by now.

At any rate, can't be because they get more dosh after X amount of goals, as he'll be miles off any such figure...

derbyskyblue

Thing is Eastwood has been seen to put the effort in for the rare game he decides he wants to, so it isnt down to his style. Nor is it a case of just choosing the stats that suit, he had plenty of shots at goal even playing wide he just didnt score many of them. We are not in a position to carry someone in the team who in over 3 years has failed to be the consistent goal scorer we need in the hope he might decide to play up to his ability.

For AT to come out and say Freddy is not fit for purpose is not a thing any manager says lightly, Freddy's problems are in his own head IMO and that stops him working and being the player he could have been. AT practically put it on a plate for him to be the star forward at the start of the season and he threw it back in AT's face by not wanting to be fit enough to do the job.

I would have crawled to the ground to have the chance he has, the guy has more skill than i could dream of having but he has a bad attitude, nor is he professional about the sport that pays him thousands a week. We dont need a selfish lazy attitude in the squad right now we need players to play for the shirt and be proud of it. He is a fans favourite to many and he has thrown that adoration back in the fans faces by not being fit to play but still taken the money.

I really cant understand why he continues to get so much support - he has achieved very little at the club or under various managers. Those managers have all concluded they didnt want to play him - there has to be a reason for that consistency of judgement here and at wolves
Bang on osb, eastwood without doubt has talent but cant be arsed to use it. Gave up on eastwood ages ago. Would sooner have platt. At least he tries and does care.

johnwillomagic

I think definitely more than meets the eye - given goal return from strikers who have been playing Eastwood should at least be on bench even if not fit.

I also think Platt should start up top with Juke as it gives us the option to go long.....despite passing the ball round we only go sideways or backwards and when we do go forwards it is very rarely at an increased tempo.....simply put current squad are not good enought to play this formation.....certain relegation.....diamond formation.

I think we go back to basics and play a flat 4-4-2 with Deegan and Clingan in centre....Deegan can then push on and Clingan hold a little more......probably mc Sheff and and Bell on the flanks at present.......not great but can't think of better. Platt & Juke up front. Defence a little trickier.....would like Wood or McPake or both to be back.....assuming they are not would have to go Christie, Keogh, Crainie & Hussey.....though have problems with burn out for Chroistie and would like more competition for Hussey's position....would not mind Wood coming back and playing there or Crainie like last season!

Think given the wages he is on we have to try to get limited value of money...so Eastwood should be on the bench.

pusb.......we have not been too bad at home so think we can get something from next game definitely. :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread