Brighton fan in peace - looking to visit for Wigan game (1 Viewer)

Mellotr0n

Hey all,

Brighton fan in peace. I’m up in Leamington Spa next week for a conference and really fancy taking in some live Championship football while up there.

Sorry if there’s a FAQ for this somewhere I’ve missed, but just wanted guidance on the following;

- Can I buy tickets at the ground on the night, or do I need to buy through the website prior?
- where best to sit in the ground/anything to be aware of/avoid?
- parking near the ground?

Apologies if this is a bit of a boring one. Also, I’m still a bit annoyed we sold you Gyokeres as he’s looked absolutely quality (much better than Aaron Connolly) but will be good to see him.

Cheers for any help!

Nick

Administrator
It really depends where the actual game is.

IF it is there then you should be able to pay on the gate.

What sort of atmosphere do you want for the game?

Covkid1968#

I’d wait for the pitch fiasco to play out….. but in the meantime enjoy the beautiful county of Warwickshire.

David O'Day

The midweek against Wigan game? Yeah, they'll be pay on the gate. If you pay on the gate though you will be in a corner. If you by via the website you can sit where you want. Basically the lower the block number the louder it will be ;)

Parking? That is one thing I can't help with

theferret

Hey all,

Brighton fan in peace. I’m up in Leamington Spa next week for a conference and really fancy taking in some live Championship football while up there.

Sorry if there’s a FAQ for this somewhere I’ve missed, but just wanted guidance on the following;

- Can I buy tickets at the ground on the night, or do I need to buy through the website prior?

Apologies if this is a bit of a boring one. Also, I’m still a bit annoyed we sold you Gyokeres as he’s looked absolutely quality (much better than Aaron Connolly) but will be good to see him.

Cheers for any help!

Assuming it's on, I'd be looking to buy in block 17. Close enough to the atmosphere but not in the middle of it, and a good view. It is largely sold out around there, but should be single seats, so would buy in advance and use print at home option.

usskyblue

Hey all,

Cheers for any help!

Thanks for stopping by m8. It’s just we’re a bit busy atm…

200w.gif

Mellotr0n

Thanks for all the responses.

Of course I had forgotten about the ongoing pitch problems. Can’t imagine how annoying that must be.

Although we did groundshare with Gillingham for a season many many years ago, that was fun.

re: atmosphere as someone suggested I’d like to be close to decent atmosphere but not in the middle of it necessarily.

Somerset Sky Blue

Hey all,

Cheers for any help!
If you want to watch vik, you may have to watch Everton instead - if latest transfer rumours are to be believed!
Enjoy the game (if it is at the CBS) and enjoy watching vik (maybe)!
😃

Mellotr0n

Last boring question sorry -

if I buy a ticket online now, and the game is then moved to the Pirelli, will I be entitled to a refund?

At least you might get silly money from Everton, as they are absolutely desperate for a striker right now.

alexccfc99

Last boring question sorry -

if I buy a ticket online now, and the game is then moved to the Pirelli, will I be entitled to a refund?

At least you might get silly money from Everton, as they are absolutely desperate for a striker right now.

I can’t see any league games being moved to The Pirelli…

Either lots of postponements or a larger, temporary location will be sought

Liquid Gold

You can easily get a train from Leam to Birmingham and watch Blues or Baggies.

Although Blues are in stadium hell too. I don't know if either of them are at home either. soz

Mellotr0n

You can easily get a train from Leam to Birmingham and watch Blues or Baggies.

Although Blues are in stadium hell too. I don't know if either of them are at home either. soz

Both are at home but I’ve bought my ticket in E17 now. Looking forward to it.

What should I expect from Coventry’s style of play? Other than Vik which players to look out for?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

What should I expect from Coventry’s style of play? Other than Vik which players to look out for?
Atmosphere should be good - block 17 is a good choice i’d say. We usually play fluid passing football - and a lot of this goes through our attacking midfielder Callum O’Hare who is injured unfortunately, but we should still play some decent stuff. Look out for gustavo hamer - our talented brazillian/dutch defensive midfielder who has been linked to brighton , leeds among others. Hope you enjoy it , and the pitch recovers in time

Liquid Gold

Normally play 3412 at home.

Flat 3 at the back, 2 holding midfielders, 2 wing backs, 1 behind the strikers and then two up top.

Width is provided by the wingbacks almost entirely with everybody else pretty narrow. If the wingbacks don't get forward it generally means we're playing poorly and there will be a disconnect between the back and front.

Hamer and Sheaf in the middle are a great partnership. Hamer a real box to box player who can ping a long ball and is tenacious in the tackle (he will most likely get booked) whereas Sheaf is more defensive minded but great at recycling the ball and getting the team on the move (he was an Arsene Wenger player and it shows).

Gyokeres up front you know and not seeing Callum O'Hare will be a miss as he has relentless energy and really helps our pressing game.

You are usually guaranteed a good game with some very attractive football but if the game takes place at the arena then the surface may present a challenge.

Have a good time either way, I'll be in the corner to your left making noise that could rival any home end in the uk at the moment.

slowpoke

It will be on at the CBS, there will be odd seats available in the centre blocks there will be pay on the gate but not sure what block that will put you in. As for parking you are likely get a ticket if you just park anywhere. There is private parking sites around I suggest you use one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread