Bright sparks! (1 Viewer)

christonabike

Can anyone on here help me. I’ve an Atari woody and can’t tune it into my TV. Can any kind soul show me a gadget to convert coax cable to hdmi or something so I can see if it still works?
It’s the genuine old one and has about 6 games so might bang it on eBay if I can fathom out this malarkey🤔
Many thanks in advance 👍

shmmeee

Apparently the issue is it’s in 240p and modern TVs can’t display that, so you need to upscale to 480p. And the cheapest way of doing that is to pass it through an old VCR

eastwoodsdustman

I sold my old Nintendo to my mate and I think he got one of these sort of things on ebay so that he could play it..

shmmeee

I sold my old Nintendo to my mate and I think he got one of these sort of things on ebay so that he could play it..

Think the 2600 needs a mod to output a composite signal unlike the later consoles.

RegTheDonk

MIGHT be the TV you're using can't tune into the older analogue signals and is digital only (though not likely). If so, ask a friend or neighbour if you can try it on an older TV first (or an old VCR as Shmee suggests), just to make sure you're getting a signal from the aerial socket and the RF modulator is still working.

christonabike

Hi Reg, it does analogue also but have no idea once it scans what to do. I’m in the process of looking to buy an old video player on face book. Fingers crossed.
Hope your keeping well me old mukka!

RegTheDonk

Hi Reg, it does analogue also but have no idea once it scans what to do. I’m in the process of looking to buy an old video player on face book. Fingers crossed.
Hope your keeping well me old mukka!
Hi mate, keeping OK touch woody :)

Typically, we had a clear out a few months ago and skipped some old VCRs. Assuming of course the modulator is still working, I would think if your TV does analogue it should see a picture when you try to tune it in - or at least say it's found something, then give you the option to save? Guess you'll have to read the f*kin manual :D

Users who are viewing this thread