Brexit and Bosman (1 Viewer)

vow

oooh, never thought of that!

Didn't read the article though, can you briefly summarise what the options are, Pete?

Sky Blue Pete

No one knows!

If freedom of movement is removed there be a huge reduction in European players in English football. Only in a no deal situation of course

Reactions: vow

vow

No one knows!

If freedom of movement is removed there be a huge reduction in European players in English football. Only in a no deal situation of course
Thanks!

I reckon it'll be good for the UK National teams but will probably put (even more) a premium on British players for British teams.
Unless this doesn't affect Wales, Scotland and Norn Iron?

Terry_dactyl

Thanks!

I reckon it'll be good for the UK National teams but will probably put (even more) a premium on British players for British teams.
Unless this doesn't affect Wales, Scotland and Norn Iron?
Do you mean national teams will be better because, for example, more English players will be playing ‘top flight’ football?

The Great Eastern

Yes, I'd like to believe it would.
However, they wouldn't be learning their craft from better European players as they won't be here. One cancels out the other. We'll still be blessed with all the players from non-EU countries which Brexit won't affect.

Terry_dactyl

Yes, I'd like to believe it would.
Maybe, I suppose...just read ‘the great eastern’s response and he shares my view, I think.
I think more british players would get a chance of regular top flight football but the standard won’t be as high and therefore I don’t think will impact at all...
Also, pre-premier league there were only a few ‘foreign’ players about and yet the national teams still didn’t do very well.

tisza

Will create opportunities for British players but also lead to even more aggressive plundering of non-PL academies by PL sides. Also increase transfer values.
Going to hit the Championship as they've slowly but surely been loading up on large numbers of overseas players rather than developing their own or buying in from lower leagues

Users who are viewing this thread