Brewster (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Shows how Liverpool are winning the transfer market. Bring Thiago in for £20m, and sell Brewster for £23.5m. The transfer market is a seller's market so teams have to pay the asking price to get their targets.

no_loyalty

Liverpool always seem to do well with transfer fees for unproven outgoing players, Solanke, Ibe etc. There is talk of Harry Wilson being next.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You do wonder how teams keep getting away with charging such extortionate sums for totally unproven players. You'd ask why should we pay so much - if they were that good you'd be playing them yourself not selling them to me.

Said before we need squad caps to stop the ridiculous hoarding of young talent allowing those at the top the chance to charge smaller clubs extortionate amounts for unproven players.

SlowerThanPlatt

Based on what? You can count on one hand the amount of PL appearances he has made.

He would have got game time in almost every other Premier League team though, he was unfortunate Liverpool are as good as they are. Did score 1 in 2 at Swansea, Watkins went for £30m.

SlowerThanPlatt

You do wonder how teams keep getting away with charging such extortionate sums for totally unproven players. You'd ask why should we pay so much - if they were that good you'd be playing them yourself not selling them to me.

Said before we need squad caps to stop the ridiculous hoarding of young talent allowing those at the top the chance to charge smaller clubs extortionate amounts for unproven players.

Disagree. It’s not extortionate, small sample but he scored 10 in 20 for Swansea. Watkins went for more scoring at the same level and is 4 years older.

PurpleBin

He would have got game time in almost every other Premier League team though, he was unfortunate Liverpool are as good as they are. Did score 1 in 2 at Swansea, Watkins went for £30m.

Really? I'm not sure he would have based on half a good season in the Championship. I think he looks a decent player but £23 Million for a kid with very little first team experience seems a bit much to call it a good signing. A risk if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread