Breakaway Club (1 Viewer)

mark82

Not saying I am for it, but would anyone consider a breakaway club in the same way Man Utd fans did with FC United when they disagreed with the Glaziers? (and FC Liverpool who are less well known)

Grendel

Not a chance personally

cstring82

Based on being involved with a local team and how much hassle that is, I don't think its got a chance unless something goes tits up with the club itself.

Astute

Not me. It is CCFC all the way to the bitter end.

Johnrambo

I would say no, City is what we care about and not Coventry AFC/Phoniex or whatever. Even if SISU will get this club to go bankrot, i will make the trips to England for cheering for the boys in skyblue.

I really dont know why even you would consider this, we are not big like Manchester United or Liverpool, we are pretty small if you want to do the compare.

ggrady

Unless we go into liquidation and need to start fresh, then no. However if we had to start a new club of cause I would back it as should every city fan should, but whilst we still have ccfc we should stick together till the end

Sky Blue Kid

Hi guys, I'm a first time poster, so here goes, imo, I'm too old to watch my club drop into non league football, then try to get back to where we used to be. It's CCFC for me, or nothing.:facepalm:

Otis

Yep, all for it.

If CCFC no longer exist. The new club would be my new CCFC. I am guessing here, but I think that is what you meant isn't it? Not competition for CCFC but if CCFC no longer existed? That's the only way anyone would be onboard.

SkyBlueUkeman

The thing is, if CCFC did (god forbid) did liquidate, we'd end up having about 3 different 'phoenix' clubs. We can't be doing with that.

CovLis86

I would support Coventry City FC in whatever format they are until the day i die. Whatever the core of the club.

torchomatic

How disappointing,I thought this thread was about random chocolate bars.

mark82

As I said I am not necessarily for it. I just hate what SISU are doing to our club (well, technically their club to do with what they please). I would love the club to be in the hands of fans or a wealthy fan but it's never going to happen.

As others have said, I think the only way I would realistically back it is if we folded. Then, for me it's a no brainer and would have to be a fan led club.

Otis

As I said I am not necessarily for it. I just hate what SISU are doing to our club (well, technically their club to do with what they please). I would love the club to be in the hands of fans or a wealthy fan but it's never going to happen.

As others have said, I think the only way I would realistically back it is if we folded. Then, for me it's a no brainer and would have to be a fan led club.

Agree.

If CCFC no longer existed the new club would still be CCFC to the fans and we could still be the Sky Blues, have the same colours and songs and lose the same amount of matches.

Covstu

Yep, all for it.

If CCFC no longer exist. The new club would be my new CCFC. I am guessing here, but I think that is what you meant isn't it? Not competition for CCFC but if CCFC no longer existed? That's the only way anyone would be onboard.

agree otis!

wingy

If it all goes tits we can still keep the name as the Sky blue trust hav e the right s to it in that event ,i would be right behind it ,intersting thought a two team City

Users who are viewing this thread