Brazil v Argentina (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Stopped because players failed to quarantine

chiefdave

Sad state of affairs when you think of how bad things were in Brazil and now they don't want people from the UK coming in.

No idea how they thought they'd get away with it. Not like they play for low profile clubs over here or were trying to get into Brazil for a quiet holiday hoping nobody noticed!

Last edited:

wingy

Pretty bizarre that they got as far as kick off before intervention

Must have been a teamsheet put out prior?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Brazil have now invoked bans to stop premier league clubs from fielding Brazilian players this weekend as the clubs failed to release them.

Absolute farce as if the premier League clubs had releases them, then surely they wouldnt have been allowed to play in the fixtures due to brazils own quarantine rules, same as the Argentina players from English clubs?

I think Brazil purposely sabotaged this match as they believed it was unfair that Argentina had their English based players and Brazil did not.

LastGarrison

Brazil have now invoked bans to stop premier league clubs from fielding Brazilian players this weekend as the clubs failed to release them.

Absolute farce as if the premier League clubs had releases them, then surely they wouldnt have been allowed to play in the fixtures due to brazils own quarantine rules, same as the Argentina players from English clubs?

I think Brazil purposely sabotaged this match as they believed it was unfair that Argentina had their English based players and Brazil did not.
Bastards have shafted my dream team for the weekend as I have both Ederson and Raphina!

David O'Day

How is it a farce? That's the rules as the always have been. Wolves etc are losing players from other countries for the same reason

Terry Gibson's perm

How is it a farce? That's the rules as the always have been. Wolves etc are losing players from other countries for the same reason

The rules are ridiculous, what if the clubs just play them what are fifa going to do they will need to have some deep pockets to take on the premier clubs in court.

Also If I owned a club I wouldn’t sign any African players as their silly tournament is in the middle of the season.

Football is better without international games the last week or so has just been a pointless break for England to play against some pointless nation.

David O'Day

The rules are ridiculous, what if the clubs just play them what are fifa going to do they will need to have some deep pockets to take on the premier clubs in court.

Also If I owned a club I wouldn’t sign any African players as their silly tournament is in the middle of the season.

Football is better without international games the last week or so has just been a pointless break for England to play against some pointless nation.

The FA could indeed ignore the requests but what happens then if we want to host anything again or need other countries support,

Rules have been there for years, even UK FA's have used them.

Don't cry about it

Terry Gibson's perm

The FA could indeed ignore the requests but what happens then if we want to host anything again or need other countries support,

Rules have been there for years, even UK FA's have used them.

Don't cry about it

Never going to get any tournaments anyway and what do clubs care about that anyway.

Brazil are sulking because their players didn’t get released and that’s the reason they stopped the game.

covmark

So if the players had gone they would have had to quarantine when they returned to the UK. Therefore missing games.
The players haven't gone, and are now banned from playing.
They're in a lose, lose situation. Absolute farce.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

So if the players had gone they would have had to quarantine when they returned to the UK. Therefore missing games.
The players haven't gone, and are now banned from playing.
They're in a lose, lose situation. Absolute farce.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

The players would have gone and not even been able to play what a waste of time and effort.

David O'Day

Never going to get any tournaments anyway and what do clubs care about that anyway.

Brazil are sulking because their players didn’t get released and that’s the reason they stopped the game.

It's been the rules for basically ever. If you refuse to release a player for a game during the FIFA sanctioned international break then the FA of the country can request that player is banned from their next domestic game.

Terry Gibson's perm

It's been the rules for basically ever. If you refuse to release a player for a game during the FIFA sanctioned international break then the FA of the country can request that player is banned from their next domestic game.

Time to review then just because it’s always been there doesn’t make it right, times have changed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No the farce aspect is that none of the Brazilian players could have played in Brazil's matches anyway, based on brazils own quarantine rule. As witnessed by officials entering the pitch to stop the English based argentine players from playing.

Why did Brazil call up players that couldn't play in the world Cup qualifiers based on there own quarantine rules?

Under current Brazilian rules, anyone that has been in the UK in the 14 days prior to arriving in the country must quarantine for 14 days immediately upon arrival.

David O'Day

No the farce aspect is that none of the Brazilian players could have played in Brazil's matches anyway, based on brazils own quarantine rule. As witnessed by officials entering the pitch to stop the English based argentine players from playing.

Why did Brazil call up players that couldn't play in the world Cup qualifiers based on there own quarantine rules?

Under current Brazilian rules, anyone that has been in the UK in the 14 days prior to arriving in the country must quarantine for 14 days immediately upon arrival.

wow

David O'Day

Let me explain it again for the non particularly smart brigade

It's a long standing rule

It's designed to stop clubs pretending players are injured

It's not just Brazil that have had players banned because of it this international break

Anything else means fuck all

Terry Gibson's perm

So Richarlison from Everton wasn’t released but Brazil haven’t asked for him to be stopped from playing as they have good relations with Everton as they let him play in the Olympics.

Terry Gibson's perm

Oh dear the punishment is the game is null and void 3v0 result for the opposition good luck with that Liverpool and Leeds play each other do they both win 3v0 or both lose3v0

mark82

I guess they could've played in the away fixture against Chile. It does very much stink of it all being a reaction to Argentine PL players being available though.

David O'Day

Oh dear the punishment is the game is null and void 3v0 result for the opposition good luck with that Liverpool and Leeds play each other do they both win 3v0 or both lose3v0

They both lose 3 - 0, they get no points for the game and there GD is -3 for it.

Come on this is basic stuff here

David O'Day

I guess they could've played in the away fixture against Chile. It does very much stink of it all being a reaction to Argentine PL players being available though.

No because other countries that have fuck all to do with this game have asked FIFA to implement this rule.

just the dippers and their weird lovers on here are crying about it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fifa has cleared all brazilians to play, dullard Dave is going to be fuming.

Next step should be to award Argentina 3-0 win for Brazil purposely getting the fixture abandoned.

Users who are viewing this thread