Brandon Mason (1 Viewer)

vow

What's the score with him, he was in the U23's team yesterday.

Was he injured or dropped recently? (Been on hols recently so unsure)

vow

He wasn't in the U23's team today vs Charlton :droid:

Hope he's not injured again.....or it could be he'll be in squad tomorrow?

SBAndy

Granted I haven't seen an awful lot of Brown, but I'm really not a fan. Looks to have a mistake in him and seems to have his body at the wrong angles when receiving a ball. From what I saw of Mason he is far superior.

vow

Granted I haven't seen an awful lot of Brown, but I'm really not a fan. Looks to have a mistake in him and seems to have his body at the wrong angles when receiving a ball. From what I saw of Mason he is far superior.
I agree with you to some point, regarding Brown and having a mistake in him, but I feel he's improved as he's gotten games under his belt especially when you consider he was out with a long term injury last season, so, I personally gave him some leeway until seeing enough of him.

Mason does look the superior player, thus far and hope he's given a bit of leeway from fans too, coming back from injury.

BrizzolSkyBlue

First time I saw Mason I thought he was a superb passer of the ball, possibly our best on his day (Davies excepted). He was doing angular passes through the lines of the type you normally only see at a higher level. Would much prefer him over Brown when he's fully fit again. And I'm sure he can do some excellent stone work. What's not to like?

Reactions: vow

Skyblue_CP

I agree that Mason is probably the better "footballer" and going forward. However also think Brown is far superior in the air and a touch better defensively as hes abit more dogged and less likely to be out of position like Mason. So it depends on what type of opposition we are playing. At the end of tge day its nice to have 2 LBs vastly capable at this level!

Magwitch

Thought I heard someone on CWR say he was suspended, might be wrong. As for Junior Brown, hasn’t our recent good run coincided with Brown coming into the team.

cc84cov

I feel the people who comment regarding brown being a decent left back don’t watch games.Today BBC CWR reporting people on Twitter calling brown MOTM these people hear he makes a clearance off the line and declare him MOTM he’s very poor defensively his positional awareness is horrible to watch.Brandon Mason is far superior defensively & offensively,Mason has been out a while but hopefully he’s back soon.Brown makes rash challenges in silly areas he should not be doing at his age considering the amount of league football he’s played.This seems to be spread across the forum we can’t all be wrong.Their goal today came down our left Junior Brown was in the right back position at This point,Doncaster targeted our left hand side.Full credit to him for the late block though.

Garryb80

I feel the people who comment regarding brown being a decent left back don’t watch games.Today BBC CWR reporting people on Twitter calling brown MOTM these people hear he makes a clearance off the line and declare him MOTM he’s very poor defensively his positional awareness is horrible to watch.Brandon Mason is far superior defensively & offensively,Mason has been out a while but hopefully he’s back soon.Brown makes rash challenges in silly areas he should not be doing at his age considering the amount of league football he’s played.This seems to be spread across the forum we can’t all be wrong.Their goal today came down our left Junior Brown was in the right back position at This point,Doncaster targeted our left hand side.Full credit to him for the late block though.
He was shrewsburys left back on their 20 odd game unbeaten run last year. Soon as he got injured they began to drop off. He clearly is a decent left back. We have won 5 in a row with him in the side. This season he has played 11 league games and lost twice.

Gibbo

I think today was his ninth game in the League and has been a winner seven times. He also played at Oxford in the Caribou Cup. I agree with the comment above that his positional sense is a bit wonky, about as bad as that of Haynes

Magwitch

If you watched the second half Doncaster grabbed the midfield by the scruff of the neck and played two players wide right and wide left which was bound to expose and stretch the full backs, taking that into account Brown did well covering the whole of the left side defence, once Kelly came on we got tighter at the back, but to criticise Brown to be honest is plain daft.

rob9872

I liked him at the start of the season and the longer he's out the better he looks with that car crash at LB.

Garryb80

Is he? Worries me when he’s on the ball. Seems a bit rabbit in headlights too often.
As said in another thread when he gets the ball the movement in front of him is non existent. Hiwula spent most of his time drifting inside which left Brown with basically no options. Defensively he is also a lot better than Mason

Warwickhunt

Is he? Worries me when he’s on the ball. Seems a bit rabbit in headlights too often.
opposing teams seem to target him for a high press causing him to make a lot of errors!

Warwickhunt

Why does every other team in our league have majority of their player of over 6' 2"ish and ours look so small! Lutons entire backline had an average height of 6' 3" yesterday! and How come JCH wins more balls in our box defending corners than he wins at the opposing ends.

skyblueeyesrevisited

He doesn’t have a strikers instinct so does not make the right runs to get on the end of crosses in the oppositions box. When attacking most of our players are static off corners and free kicks.

steve82

JCH has always looked better running at goal not back to goal playing a new way.

He’s looked far more comfortable coming in off the left running with the ball. I can hear many shouting like at Walsall where he missed.... yes! Like that, tho I’m not suggesting he’s prolific but he’s good value for 8 goals a season in a side getting more that 3-5 chances a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vow

Any news on Mason's injury from Boxing Day game?

Users who are viewing this thread