Bradford Season tickets. (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Be part of the 20k gives it away.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly what needs to be done while people are boycotting season tickets! Just halve the income even more!

If 20k bought them then fair enough, not enough would to justify it.

hill83

Exactly what needs to be done while people are boycotting season tickets! Just halve the income even more!

If Sisu had any sense or any long term thinking other than being utter cunts they could do exactly what Bradford have done and cover the initial losses for a couple of seasons then reap the eventual benefits of much larger crowds in the future.

Terry Gibson's perm

If Sisu had any sense or any long term thinking other than being utter cunts they could do exactly what Bradford have done and cover the initial losses for a couple of seasons then reap the eventual benefits of much larger crowds in the future.

It all falls down on the last word do we really have one?

Nick

Administrator
Like when they were really cheap last time?

I don't think it would work here. I'd love 20k and only paying 150 but it wouldn't really work like that.

hill83

It all falls down on the last word do we really have one?

giphy.gif

bawtryneal

People are not boycotting they are just not buying them because the entertainment is poor and the whole Ricoh experience is garbage.
It's all very simple. Provide entertainment and people will buy a ticket. I will not attend another game this season at the Ricoh even if the ticket is free.

NortonSkyBlue

Wasted breath Hill, they have no interest in building and as Nick rightly points out it would further damage the club as fans are unlikely to buy in to it without a major positive shift in the relationship.
I think that clubs like Huddersfield and Bradford will reap the rewards over the next generation because of their foresight and deservedly so.

Nick

Administrator
People are not boycotting they are just not buying them because the entertainment is poor and the whole Ricoh experience is garbage.
It's all very simple. Provide entertainment and people will buy a ticket. I will not attend another game this season at the Ricoh even if the ticket is free.
So how is halving a season ticket going to improve entertainment? With even less season tickets at half the price it wouldn't be the best.

Why doesn't every club do it?

I'd love for it to bring in 20k, but like last time it wouldn't do enough to work.

Last edited:

hill83

You are probably right, but any sort of long term thinking by the owners could cover the potential losses and damage. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Obviously it won't happen, I'm not a lunatic. But I'd at least give it a go, it's not like they've not got the tokens to cover it.

It would potentially restore a bit of goodwill, it would potentially improve the chance of selling the club if that's what they wanted and it did indeed increase the crowds.

bawtryneal

So how is halving a season ticket going to improve entertainment? With even less season tickets at half the price it wouldn't be the best.

Why doesn't every club do it?

I didn't suggest they should halve the ticket price, I just commented on you saying people are boycotting.

NortonSkyBlue

You are probably right, but any sort of long term thinking by the owners could cover the potential losses and damage. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Obviously it won't happen, I'm not a lunatic. But I'd at least give it a go, it's not like they've not got the tokens to cover it.
There is so much that could be done to improve the outlook but without changes, not the outcome.
Not long ago Leicester and Coventry were similar sized clubs, similar sized cities and similar sized facilities.
As they grow we shrink, as they rise, we fall but still despite all of this, harness and nurture the positive and 45,000! are there for the taking.
I bet that most Wembley bound fans will be buying a scarf, a hat, a foam glove, a flag but I would wager most will go to unlicensed traders rather than CCFC.
Sharing your thinking we should offer the same deal as the lowest priced club in league 2, kids free like Wasps, copy their successes and follow the example of our successful periods when we have shown the fans will back the club.
Positivity only comes from success on the field, not the other way round so without a successful team it will fall it's face and too much has gone before us to have the fans flocking back without a total about turn by the owners and I mean a major grovel.

italiahorse

It's getting the balance right to generate the highest income.
Half the price may double the attendance but just gives the same income.
However the more people going the more knock on incomes there are like replica kits, coats, scarves etc
F&B is minimal at the moment but it all helps. £75K this year almost paid the rent.

It's a leap of faith paying full price as it feels a bit like giving to charity where you give your money and you are never sure what % actually reaches the cause.
Rightly or wrongly and feel it's being wasted on court battles, interest and paying for poor management.
What actually reaches the players seems meagre based on the players we have.

skybluesam66

this year despite a good year last year and high attendances realtive to where we were
1. prices went up massively
2. They removed the concentrated atmosphere by reintroducing price banding
3. then they didnt invest

unfortunately nick although you defend them so much, they have broken it too far
if they had reduced prices even further last year to 149 and then invested in the team - we would now have 20000 watching a top of the table team and be no worse off albeit maybe £1m investment but with a squad worth at least £1m more

you either invest to grow or disinvest to die

rupert_bear

There is supposedly a new commercial director just appointed, anyone know his name ? anyone heard or read a statement from him re. any marketing plans ? There doesn't seem to be any senior management here other than a loan wolf Tim Fisher who appears now and again. Trouble is they, have alienated the local paper, the telegraph, don't/won't speak to them and rely on the Observer now and again, basically an advertising rag which I haven't had through my door for years, so basically there's a news blackout, deliberate ? I do wonder.

skybluebeduff

How many ST's did we sell this season? times that by the price and you're looking at £1.8-2mill?

Bradfords 20,000 ST's at £150 is £3mill.

If SISU had brains they could reap in more income couldn't they?

NortonSkyBlue

How many ST's did we sell this season? times that by the price and you're looking at £1.8-2mill?

Bradfords 20,000 ST's at £150 is £3mill.

If SISU had brains they could reap in more income couldn't they?
And if the same number buy season tickets paying less?
There is no incentive to buy from them.

Terry Gibson's perm

The only thing for next year is that they won't need as much money as wages will be lower so they could lower the prices

letsallsingtogether

Thing is you don't have to get 20,000 for it to work.
if we have 7000 st holders this year and 3000 choose not to renew by halving the prices you may get 50% to rethink.
You would still be loosing money but it is a start.
next season do the same hopefully having a better season and more will return.
Our problem is people are leaving in droves you need to keep them coming as once they are gone it is hard to get them back.
Take the pain now and hopefully gain later on.
Just a thought I am no Marketer.

Brylowes

Norwich City put on similar offers about 20 or so years ago, they were regularly getting
Sub 10.000 crowds, waiting list for STs now 'and at full prices as well.

stupot07

I'm fed up of hearing about Bradfords ST's. Good for them, but it doesn't mean that we should do it, our other 22 fellow clubs aren't doing it either.

We reduced STs by about 40% for the 2015/16 season and didn't sell enough to cover that decrease.

People are boycotting, not because of price but because we're shit and they hate the owners. We had a thread about this a week or so ago, and most people said it wouldn't make difference to their decision. They will either renew anyway or they are going to NOPM* until the owners go (*or we get to Wembley or get a big home cup tie).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread