Bradford Season tickets (1 Viewer)

ricohroar

I could be wrong, but I thought Bradford City offered a really cheap season ticket price, and hence why they always seem to have quite large gates.

I was looking over their forum before Saturdays game, and it seems their system is so poor, people are using the same season ticket more than once to get multiple people into the ground on the same season ticket.
Tight fisted buggers :)

'There seems to attempts to address this issue. I assume that the following would suggest that they will be introducing a 'swipe' card system. Once used, cannot be used again for the same match. That would I guess apply to Season Tickets and Flexi Cards.

Hope this will satisfy @BantamFan . Personally I support such an initiative 100%.

The City website reports that, ...'We are currently in dialogue with suppliers of 'access control systems' to look at how we can dramatically reduce the misuse and multiple use of season tickets on match days'.

Brylowes

They make a loss on their season tickets. If that happened here we'd be gone.
How can you make a loss on season tickets, it's just an empty seat until you sell it for Whatever you
sell it for, whatever you sell it for is more than the nothing you get from an empty seat.

Nick

Administrator
How can you make a loss on season tickets, it's just an empty seat until you sell it for Whatever you
sell it for, whatever you sell it for is more than the nothing you get from an empty seat.
Is that a serious question?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They make loss because they choose to pay out more than their income. Not because of a supposed loss on season tickets

They made a choice to keep prices low depending on that to get numbers in. That suits them it doesn't suit every club. They could choose higher prices and fewer numbers and get the same income.

There is a base cost to providing a seat ( an allocation per seat of rent overheads etc) there is also the guarantee of income to the club upfront. The main cost of the season ticket to a fan is the contribution to paying the club wages ~ which is a cost controlled by directors choice and availability of money

If it was just about the money and a club could rely on its attendance numbers you wouldn't have season tickets at all.

stupot07

Get the balance right and you can have both.
A full stadium at £10 (£300K) is better than 10K at £20 (£200K).
Or in reality given we're in league one/league two

10k at £20 (200k) ends up being 13-15k at £10 (13-150k)......

And FP means it's Bradford city's financial concern that people are using thr same ticket multiple times which is why they are tackling it they aren't doing it for 'good customer services' purposes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Is that a serious question?

It's a fair point. It's not like parking or whatever where they buy it in at a fixed price. The stadium rent and running costs will be the same with an empty stadium as a full one. Obviously the issue is that ticket revenue is probably the main source of income outside of TV money and the like, so you need it to increase your budget, but you can't "make a loss" on a ticket, unless the cost of policing/stewards costs more.

The more important point is that repeated attempts by the club to keep prices low haven't shown an increase in fans. Average ticket revenue is already under £10, as much as I'd be more likely to go today if it was a tenner than the £22 or whatever it is, there just ain't that many of me it seems. People don't want to watch shit football at any price, the issue is the match day experience, not the cost.

Brylowes

They make loss because they choose to pay out more than their income. Not because of a supposed loss on season tickets

They made a choice to keep prices low depending on that to get numbers in. That suits them it doesn't suit every club. They could choose higher prices and fewer numbers and get the same income.

There is a base cost to providing a seat ( an allocation per seat of rent overheads etc) there is also the guarantee of income to the club upfront. The main cost of the season ticket to a fan is the contribution to paying the club wages ~ which is a cost controlled by directors choice and availability of money

If it was just about the money and a club could rely on its attendance numbers you wouldn't have season tickets at all.
Exactly, so Bradford would not have made a loss on selling their STs

Liquid Gold

Fair enough, I bow to OSB's superior knowledge. I was under the impression that STs were a loss leader for Bradford in order to fill the stadium, make it attractive for other fans and generate extra revenue within the stadium.

Still don't think it would be practical for us though, as much as I'd like it. We have many fans staying away due to SISU and have no other sources of income unlike Bradford.

Nick

Administrator
It's a fair point. It's not like parking or whatever where they buy it in at a fixed price. The stadium rent and running costs will be the same with an empty stadium as a full one. Obviously the issue is that ticket revenue is probably the main source of income outside of TV money and the like, so you need it to increase your budget, but you can't "make a loss" on a ticket, unless the cost of policing/stewards costs more.

The more important point is that repeated attempts by the club to keep prices low haven't shown an increase in fans. Average ticket revenue is already under £10, as much as I'd be more likely to go today if it was a tenner than the £22 or whatever it is, there just ain't that many of me it seems. People don't want to watch shit football at any price, the issue is the match day experience, not the cost.
The running costs would change based on how many stands were open wouldn't it? So they only open it when there's a need to. We can't even hit people with the upsell to buy stuff at the ground to make the money back to balance it out.

A loss can be made if enough aren't sold , either that or budgets need to be slashed more to suit. It would be a bit silly to put the price down to 150 to then not sell enough to make up the money where they were 299. Especially with people making a point so often and so publicly about not getting one.

Would there be a massive increase of thousands of they were 150?

Why doesn't every club do it then to pack their ground out? Why is it people who bang on about Bradford are usually people who make a point about not going any more anyway?

Ps. It's 15 per game if you go today and the Southend game ;)

shmmeee

The running costs would change based on how many stands were open wouldn't it? So they only open it when there's a need to.

A loss can be made if enough aren't sold , either that or budgets need to be slashed more to suit. It would be a bit silly to put the price down to 150 to then not sell enough to make up the money where they were 299. Especially with people making a point so often and so publicly about not getting one.

Would there be a massive increase of thousands of they were 150?

Why doesn't every club do it then to pack their ground out? Why is it people who bang on about Bradford are usually people who make a point about not going any more anyway?

Ps. It's 15 per game if you go today and the Southend game ;)

The stands issue is a fair point, and one that's pretty unique to us and our situation, I don't know many clubs that only open certain stands.

It's just a pedantic point that you don't make a loss "on the ticket", even if lower ticket revenue would cause the club to make a loss overall. Like if they started giving away scarves, they'd have to buy those scarves in from somewhere at a cost, so they would make a loss "on the scarf". But you're right, it would lead to lower overall revenue probably and therefore either an overall loss, or a cut in the budget, because as I said there's no evidence that the price elasticity curve exists for CCFC currently (as anyone who has tried to give away a ticket to an average league game knows).

Brylowes

As Shmmeee pointed out our problem is the product on the pitch, the owners idea of dealing
With falling crowds is simply to mothball more of the ground. Why don't they look to try and
Entice people back by having a viable plan and making realistic investment in the team, you
Know give people something to get behind and believe in.
If they are staying put and it looks like they are, they should be concentrating all their efforts
Doing everything they can to reverse the trend of people walking away. I bet they are already
Looking at ways to shut more of the ground next season, hence cutting more costs.

Nick

Administrator
As Shmmeee pointed out our problem is the product on the pitch, the owners idea of dealing
With falling crowds is simply to mothball more of the ground. Why don't they look to try and
Entice people back by having a viable plan and making realistic investment in the team, you
Know give people something to get behind and believe in.
If they are staying put and it looks like they are, they should be concentrating all their efforts
Doing everything they can to reverse the trend of people walking away. I bet they are already
Looking at ways to shut more of the ground next season, hence cutting more costs.
Yes, but how do they build the team while making season tickets 150?

It's all well and good demanding investment, but then say you won't go or you want £150 tickets.

The best way would be some sort of pledge that if they were 150 that 15k or whatever the same number is to match the higher pricing would buy one.

M&B Stand

It's all well and good demanding investment, but then say you won't go or you want £150 tickets.

Building a team is a load of bollocks, its term used by managers at clubs like ours to justify giving them time in the job, a bit like 2 or 3 or 5 year plans. When any saleable player comes thru he's flogged off, building a team is football management speak.

Brylowes

Nick I never mentioned cheap tickets, that was just pointing out that you can't really Make a loss on
a seat, when we attend a game the tickets are actually a small part of the cost of the day.
I'm saying they should have a real viable plan to move the club forward, provide realistic investment
In the team, they should be striving to reopen the north stand because if they can do that it will show
We are moving in the right direction.

Grendel

Bradford charge £25 on the day for tickets. Season tickets are £300 if purchased at the end of April.

saltaire bantam

Bradford charge £25 on the day for tickets. Season tickets are £300 if purchased at the end of April.

Well that is one side of the story! The cost of season ticket for an adult for next season is £149, I know as I've just bought 2. They then go up £20 for a period, then go up another £30, finally after April, it's £299. I think that it is fair to say that most will be sold at £149.................:rolleyes:

ST's have gone on sale very early and the fans don't really know why, not that they are bothered much as they are so cheap. The £149 ST might well be for Championship football as there is no increase if we go up.

A lot of bollox has been talked about Bradford's cheap ST's, they don't/can't work for every club but for it to work a club needs 2 things. A suitable stadium and a latent support base, that is, enough citizens sufficiently interested. Fleetwood can't do it, you could fit everybody in Fleetwood into the Ricoh! Bury can't do it, Scunny can't do it, Sheff Utd don't need to do it etc etc But there is no reason whatsoever, with enlightened owners, that Coventry City cannot enjoy our crowds within a very short time frame

shmmeee

I was just listening to something on R4 about pricing strategies. They had people from EasyJet, Aviva and somewhere else on. I wonder if something could be done around changing prices as time goes on and offering more tiers of experience could be done. Could be wrong, but what's the "premium" ticket above the standard, it's a Box isn't it? Rather than having tiers based on location which as Grendel has pointed out is pointless in a half empty stadium, could there be some kind of premium tier ticket, maybe with special turnstiles or access to a bar or something. Maybe they already do that and I just haven't noticed.

But yeah, I do think while you've got a team most people wouldn't watch for free you've got problems that won't be solved by pricing strategy.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I was just listening to something on R4 about pricing strategies. They had people from EasyJet, Aviva and somewhere else on. I wonder if something could be done around changing prices as time goes on and offering more tiers of experience could be done. Could be wrong, but what's the "premium" ticket above the standard, it's a Box isn't it? Rather than having tiers based on location which as Grendel has pointed out is pointless in a half empty stadium, could there be some kind of premium tier ticket, maybe with special turnstiles or access to a bar or something. Maybe they already do that and I just haven't noticed.

But yeah, I do think while you've got a team most people wouldn't watch for free you've got problems that won't be solved by pricing strategy.
Never mind people won't pay you've got people who have already paid who won't go.

Users who are viewing this thread